Can you disable the earlybird content?

#1 Posted by tehsorrow (65 posts) -

So having seen two thirds of what the season pass provides I am tempted to buy it, however I noticed it comes with the "earlybird dlc" which is free upgrades and gold skins for the weapons. I loathe this sort of stuff and hate having unwanted advantage forced into my game.

So I ask, is there anyway to disable, delete or otherwise tell this content to fuck off? I am no stranger to editting ini files so any solution is welcome

#2 Edited by DarkShaper (1346 posts) -

Have you played through the game already? If not this might be an incredibly mild spoiler.

Early on in the game you go into a bar where you get the shield. Unless I'm thinking of a different DLC pack the bonus items will be sitting on a series of tables in the bar. You can leave the bar without picking up any of the items.

#3 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@darkshaper said:

Have you played through the game already? If not this might be a incredibly mild spoiler.

Early on in the game you go into a bar where you get the shield. Unless I'm thinking of a different DLC pack the bonus items will be sitting on a series of tables in the bar. You can leave the bar without picking up any of the items.

You can't leave until you pick up every upgrade, your path is blocked until you do.

The Earlybird DLC is installed along with the season pass unlock. They aren't separate, so you can't just delete one or the other, so there's no way of disabling it I'm afraid.

#4 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Just play the game on the hardest difficulty and it'll level out(Not 1999-mode. That thing is artificial difficulty and all around lazy)

#5 Posted by tehsorrow (65 posts) -

I've already finished the game on 1999 mode and didn't find it overly tough. I just don't want this garbage in my game when I want to playthrough it again. Gold/chromed weapons must be one of the tackiest things on earth: Q.E.D, Ghosts of Mars.

If I can't turn it off I don't think I'll buy the season pass. Witcher 2 does it right with a toggle on the start-screen letting you pick and choose your pre-order bonus content.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@tehsorrow:

Assuming you're playing on PC, this might work:

• Navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock Infinite\DLC or whatever your install directory is.
  • Delete the SeasonPass folder.
  • Play without preorder enhancements.

This is all just speculation, so no guarantees or anything. But if anything gets fucked up, just verify BioInf's cache to restore the game as it was before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.