Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Can you lock fps at 30?

crimson26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wondering if pc owners have found way random stuttering wont go away for me even on very high and i have gtx 580 tried alot tweaks people said nothing so i just want it at constent 30fps rather than dipping so much.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Force v-sync via the nvidia control panel?

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

There's a lock frame rate option in the graphics menu. You can't set it to a specific frame rate, but it fixed the random stuttering for me. You might also try downloading the new Nvidia drivers if you haven't already. They're supposed to boost performance for Infinite and Tomb Raider.

crimson26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have new drivers i did forcing v-sync in settings and control panel and still was not 30fps it was always 60 or below.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V-sync lock is also available on the console versions. Pleasant surprise. Have never seen that before. Kudos to 2K on that.

doublezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need to set v-sync to "Adaptive (half refresh rate)" in the Nvidia control panel if you want to lock the game to 30fps. (assuming that your refresh rate is 60Hz) I strongly recommend that you set this on a per-game basis, and not as a global preference.

If you use Nvidia Inspector, there are also options for 1/3 and 1/4 refresh rate. (useful for 120Hz monitors)

I think there are also some tools for AMD cards for "double v-sync" to sync at half your refresh rate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.