#1 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

Two collector's editions have just been announced for Bioshock Infinite

For 79.99, you get:

- 3" Murder of Crows vigor bottle keychain

- 5x7" lithograph

- 25 millimeter resin Handyman miniature for the upcoming board game

- Art book

- 3 in-game upgrades

Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.

Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of “Silver Eagles” — in-game currency.

Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage.

- Digital soundtrack

- Xbox 360 gets avatar outfits while PS3 and PC get themes

And for 149.99, you get all of this plus a statue of Songbird in the Ultimate Songbird Edition

The statue, keychain, and the miniature come in their own special packaging, and it all looks hot. I'm definitely going to change my pre order to the collector's edition, thats a lot of stuff for just 20 bucks extra. I've seen other special editions with even less for the same price.

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Collector's Edition for me. That statue is nice but not worth another $70.

#3 Posted by BoG (5180 posts) -

That statue would go well with my Big Daddy statue...

It's a good thing I'm unemployed, or else I would probably break.

#4 Posted by Gladiator_Games (443 posts) -

Eeehhhhh... I dunno. I like my swag but just an art book and a bottle opener? I have no interest in a board game. I miss the GTA4 special edition... THAT was swag :D

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

This seems like one of the more boring Collectors Editions out there, eh? I wish more people would do what Borderlands 2 or Uncharted 3 did, and replicate an in-game item. I don't really care for mini statues...

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11634 posts) -

Oh, so this game is actually still coming out? :P

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Regular Edition for me thank ya!

#8 Posted by Scrawnto (2432 posts) -

@Gladiator_Games: An art book is actually my favorite kind of Collectors Edition bonus, so I'm quite tempted to get this myself.

#9 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

3 in-game upgrades

What does that even mean in the context of this game? 

Anyway, I guess $20 for the art book isn't TOO bad, but the 'super edition' is just bad for $150. I got a backpack, steelbook, statue and art book for less with Crysis 2, ignoring the quality of that game this just seems like a very weak deal.
#10 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3759 posts) -

Buying the one with the statue would be super dumb. And I'm probably gonna do it. Sigh. Also there's a board game??? With miniatures I can paint?? Yes please.

#11 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

3 in-game upgrades

What does that even mean in the context of this game?

Anyway, I guess $20 for the art book isn't TOO bad, but the 'super edition' is just bad for $150. I got a backpack, steelbook, statue and art book for less with Crysis 2, ignoring the quality of that game this just seems like a very weak deal.

I updated the original post with the specific details. Basically, they're like tonics found in Bioshock, stuff that upgrade your character

#12 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

I really want that art book.

I wish Skyrim had done something like this where they have an $80 special edition, and then there's a higher tier if you want the statue. Statues ruin everything.

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (6950 posts) -

@BoG: Oh wow, me too! Like two duders in a pod. Er, wait...no...

#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10262 posts) -

I just remembered how much I hate hunting for audio logs in video games... ugh. Still I'm pretty damn pumped for this game. But not pumped enough for this collector's edition. Not enough interesting stuff. Give me soundtracks, making ofs, production diaries, I hate stupid figurines and knick-knacks.

#15 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

I KNOW!! Nice news to wake up to! But quick question: I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite (20 dollars so far) and I saw today they put out the Ultimate and Premium editions of the game. My concern was that I would like to purchase the premium edition when it comes out. Do I just keep putting 80 dollars toward the preorder of bioshock infinite or do I go in store and physically change the preorder?

#16 Edited by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

I want that statue so bad..... GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

The first edition is boring. Why would I want a keychain, a gameboard piece, and DLC? Then that Songbird edition is WAY too much money. $70 for a statue is insane. I'd understand if it was $120 but $150? That's ridiculous. AC3 Collectors Edition offers way better stuff than this. They should cut that price.

Also, The God of War: Ascension Collectors Edition is $80 and comes with a statue, steelbook case, soundtrack, season pass for multiplayer, double XP, 4 skins for the multiplayer, and the cool looking box it all comes in(?). That is $100 or more in value.

#17 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

No 'Making Of' documentary? Then I get the regular edition. Thems is the rules. That said, I'm growing increasingly more concerned about this game as time moves forward. Far too many key figures at Irrational have left for me not to be concerned. Something's up with this game.

#18 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

@rockyhorrorgerri: Go in and change it. They'll have you down for the regular edition, and since this is a limited supply theres a chance they'll run out before the game is even out, and then your out.

@MikkaQ: It comes with a digital soundtrack

#19 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@MikkaQ: You are joking right? "Making-of" videos packed in with CE's are the laziest addition to any collectors edition.

#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -
@Demoskinos

@MikkaQ: You are joking right? "Making-of" videos packed in with CE's are the laziest addition to any collectors edition.

How dare he enjoy things you don't. I personally also enjoy Making Of DVDs. Not by themselves but when it's included along with other things I find cool, it's fun to watch the development process.
#21 Posted by Warchief (650 posts) -

is it up on amazon yet?

#22 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

@rockyhorrorgerri: Tell them you want to switch to the Premium Edition. That's the only way. Do it before they sell out!

#23 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Gladiator_Games said:

Eeehhhhh... I dunno. I like my swag but just an art book and a bottle opener? I have no interest in a board game. I miss the GTA4 special edition... THAT was swag :D

That lock box.

@Demoskinos said:

Lazy? I have never brought a Collectors Edition in my life but the people that do would probably appreciate a Making Of video.

#24 Posted by MikkaQ (10262 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

But as someone who actually cares about the processes behind making games, it's a shitload more interesting than some throwaway pewter statues made in china, that as a grown man would frankly be embarrassing to put on display.

#25 Posted by DeF (4775 posts) -

After the awesomeness that was the BioShock 2 CE, this is pretty weak. Statues do nothing for me and digital soundtracks are a big letdown pretty much always. Had they done a CD soundtrack I would've gotten weak, I suspect.

#26 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Shawn Elliott is working on this game, they could put him in a making of DVD and it would be awesome.

#27 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Cool, I'll get the PC version, my Big Daddy needs a pal. The figurine looks like it could break very easily.. I may have to buy in-store to avoid any disappointment.

#28 Edited by beepmachine (618 posts) -

It's not the most enticing, but 20 bucks for an art book, lithograph and funky keychain isn't bad. The statue edition is too much though.

Also, why no steel case? Seems like this game would be perfect with a bronze tinted metal case and an embossed logo.

#29 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

But as someone who actually cares about the processes behind making games, it's a shitload more interesting than some throwaway pewter statues made in china, that as a grown man would frankly be embarrassing to put on display.

I guess if you are insecure. Also,It just seems ridiculous to actually charge for a video of that when most places just put that shit on the internet.

#30 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

I guess if you are insecure. Also,It just seems ridiculous to actually charge for a video of that when most places just put that shit on the internet.

In the same vein, it could be considered to ridiculous charge for the game since someone will put on the internet anyway.

#31 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

In the same vein, it could be considered to ridiculous charge for the game since someone will put on the internet anyway.

That is in no way a fucking valid comparison. The game is a fucking retail product that they sell for money. They wouldn't be making it period if it weren't for that.

#32 Posted by Gladiator_Games (443 posts) -
@Bourbon_Warrior And dat duffle bag!
#33 Posted by CatsAkimbo (600 posts) -

@Demoskinos I'm still more of a fan of in-game commentary tracks. The commentary for Alan Wake's special edition was especially great, and made a second playthrough totally worth it.

#34 Posted by MikkaQ (10262 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

It's got nothing to do with security, and everything to do with my own tastes. I'd just rather decorate my walls with different shit than video game memorabilia.

And I like having a hard copy of the making of stuff, feels cooler. It's one of the reasons I really liked the MGS 4 CE, it was simple. Just really neat packaging, a CD and a blu-ray with all the weird live-action stuff from the game and some interesting making of videos.

#35 Edited by BBQBram (2198 posts) -

Oh shit, put me down for the Songbird statue! Sigh...I'm so Levine's bitch.

Also, soundtrack on vinyl pls.

#36 Posted by believer258 (11557 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Demoskinos said:

What if I don't like statues and don't want them on display?

Anyway, I'll get the regular edition. I don't ever remember getting a Collector's Edition anything, and this definitely won't change that.

#37 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

Will be getting the collector's edition for the in-game bonus stuff. $150 is just way too much to spend on one game.

#38 Posted by Fredddi43 (308 posts) -

Just ordered the Collectors for Xbox. Would love the Songbird statue but 150 bucks? Nope. Which one will you guys go for?

#39 Posted by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

Shawn Elliott is working on this game, they could put him in a making of DVD and it would be awesome.

Late reply ... but anyway. Is that still true? I feel like I never hear from him anymore.

#40 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

At first I really wanted Song Bird edition but considering that its just the statue that's added on, and nothing else of real substance, I find it hard to justify the extra 70 bucks. So I'll go with the... Uhhh, basic special edition? For the extra 20, it seems worth it.

#41 Posted by BBQBram (2198 posts) -

@Fredddi43: I pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition. Because I can.

#42 Posted by LordAltmer (11 posts) -

Pre-order made!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.