Did Anyone ELSE Notice This CREEPY guy in Bioshock Infinite?

#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4154 posts) -

So im playing Bioshock and i'm exploring the hell out of this game scavenging everything. I come across this shop early in the game, and i FOUND the CREEPIEST thing in the entire game. NO spoliers here

Sorry for the low RES forgot to change to high from what looks like low?? What was i drinking??

WHY HELLO SHOPKEEP,
HEY LOOK SOME PUPPETS, WHAT'S THIS? SOME STAIRS?
EMPLOYEES ONLY????
WHAT IS THATTTTTTT?
WHAT
DUDE ?????
FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, Fucking Creep

Was there some Irrational dev that was just as fucked up as this guy, He wants to live out his fantasy but he can't do it at home because his wife or husband would find it creepy???? What....

I TRIED BLASTING HIM WITH MY GLOCK BUT STUPID GAME DID NOT LET ME

• This was the biggest mind fuck in the entire game.

#2 Edited by gamefreak9 (2327 posts) -

Maybe i'm not putting the pieces together but is that a reference to something i'm supposed to catch? Why is he creepy? Did he say anything?

#3 Posted by Sin4profit (2868 posts) -

@gamefreak9: i think the OP is implying that this grown man is wining and dining that young doll in an effort to have his way with her, in the sexual context...

...is my guess.

#4 Posted by RawknRo11a (507 posts) -

yea... pretty fucking creepy. Don't know how I missed that. Shows what living in a floating city does to ya!

#5 Edited by gamefreak9 (2327 posts) -

When I played the game I didn't really put him the doll together... I mean he is behind the corner, its not even implied that its his stand.

#6 Edited by PoisonJam7 (310 posts) -

Yes, I remember running across that and just thinking "Ooookay.....just going to pretend I didn't see that and keep moving."

Actually, I did have an honest LOL at discovering that.

#7 Edited by awesomeusername (4056 posts) -

I saw that my first time through. Didn't put them together though. Just saw a doll and was like "the hell?". Now it's creepy.

#8 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

There is no purer love than a man's love for his waifu.

#9 Edited by leinad44 (500 posts) -

I noticed it and it creeped me out for a second. And I promptly forgot about it until now...What the fuck was up with that little room!?

#10 Posted by ShaggE (5980 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

I saw that my first time through. Didn't put them together though. Just saw a doll and was like "the hell?". Now it's creepy.

Same here. I love the hidden little "Oh god, what the fuck happened in here?" rooms in the Bioshock games.

#11 Edited by _Chad (956 posts) -

I noticed but never thought anything of it.

#12 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (137 posts) -

@_chad said:

I noticed but never thought anything of it.

#13 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

I ran right up there and was too busy munch'en all the grindage to notice any dolls.

#14 Edited by bigjeffrey (4154 posts) -

Maybe i'm not putting the pieces together but is that a reference to something i'm supposed to catch? Why is he creepy? Did he say anything?

the dude dinning with the doll, thats creepy.

#15 Posted by 49th (2541 posts) -

I remember laughing at that.

#16 Posted by Karkarov (2619 posts) -

I laughed, it is a dude who hates his job and he has secluded some alcohol, cigs, and some sammichs away in a "employee only" area so no one bothers him. The doll is probably just there as a joke. I have see this type of set up in the real world more than once.

#17 Posted by HerbieBug (3838 posts) -

Wow! I completely missed this. Hilarious. :D

#18 Edited by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -

He also has a camera (?) set up.

#19 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (518 posts) -

I did notice that but didn't think anything of it.

#20 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

Yeah, I noticed it and yeah, I thought it was creepy. It's far from the creepiest thing that happens in the game, though.

#21 Posted by StarvingGamer (7557 posts) -

I noticed it but didn't process it. Haha, wtf.

#22 Posted by Pudge (814 posts) -

Yea I found that table, but I didn't put it together with the sign and the dolls. That guy is nuts.

#23 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

A man just wants to fuck the doll; leave him to his business.

#24 Posted by Snail (8468 posts) -

I saw the doll, thought it was weird, was disappointed there was nothing left to scavenge, wondered if there was some obscure symbolism involved, and went away. Didn't even associate it with that guy.

#25 Edited by bigjeffrey (4154 posts) -

He also has a camera (?) set up.

This made me go back into the game, this gets even more fked up.

#26 Posted by LiquidPrince (15601 posts) -

Yeah I saw that. Didn't really think of it as creepy at the time.

#27 Edited by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that when I played. It was just another loony in the asylum. It didn't strike me as specially creepy/weird.

#28 Edited by DonutFever (3514 posts) -

Holy shit that's terrifying.

#29 Posted by Abendlaender (2596 posts) -

Well, it DID say "Employees only". Are you an employee? I don't think so. Who is the monster now?

#30 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Has anyone noticed that the female soldiers all have masks on with lights in their eyes?

I wanted to mutilate corpses equally, Levine! Damn you!

#31 Posted by bigjeffrey (4154 posts) -

@abendlaender said:

Well, it DID say "Employees only". Are you an employee? I don't think so. Who is the monster now?

Well i guess i'm the damn monster, Leave me be with my Haku Miku pillow doll

#32 Posted by crashcarstar (5 posts) -

Yeah Elizabeth is also creeped out by that guy. He makes some remark to her right when you enter the shop and she looks at you and says 'can we go?' In a worried, lets get out of here kind of tone.

#33 Posted by davidwitten22 (1702 posts) -

lmao, this is great

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.