Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Do you want another Bioshock? (spoilers)

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you want another Bioshock? (spoilers) (103 votes)

Heck yes I do. 26%
    No way. 25%
    I would be interested to see where they go with it at least. 26%
    Not too sure. 17%
    Other mother trucker. 5%

I just beat the game last night and just watched the Spoiler cast. Incredible game, I appreciated it even more after listening to the guys talk about it. I thought Brad and Patricks point was interesting though in that if Irrational did another game with a Man a Lighthouse and a City, they will have screwed up.

I see where they're going but I don't myself agree. I can see the danger in it becoming a template they just plug new assets into but I don't see Levine and co. falling into that trap. I think the Man, Lighthouse and City are vague enough that I would totally love to see what the next dimension is like. The whole multiple dimension concept is fascinating to me and having this set up where potentially Elizabeth could possibly show up in further games sounds like it could be super rad.

• 
    pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By pyromagnestir

I'd prefer Irrational to try something entirely new, but at this point I'm on board for whatever they do.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I trust that whatever they'll do next it'll be interesting, if that means another Bioshock then I have nothing against that.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I personally don't want to see another one but I trust that Irrational would have a really good reason if they decided to go back to that universe.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

I'm not sure. Infinite ended really well and I feel that it would be kind of weird to continue it but I really love Bioshock and I don't want any other team doing it other then Irrational and I would have no problem with another IG Bioshock game. So I don't know what I want.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By leebmx

I have loved the last two games and would be interested to see what they would do, but on the whole I would prefer seeing Ken Levine try something else - maybe an open world game -especially with his storytelling and world building skills.

However I can see them doing another game as the template they have set up does open up the possibility for a Final Fantasy style series where all the games are in different settings but in someway related through gameplay, style or storytelling.

I think they would be pleasing the publishers more than their own creative impulses were they to do a third Bioshock but they might get themselves in a position, much that Kojima seems to be, that a publisher will only give them the big bucks that they need to realise their vision if they stick to making games which are part of an already successful series, rather than a new IP.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I'm not sure. I would prefer a new IP over another Bioshock game. But I said that after Bioshock 1 and Infinite is a fantastic game that I'm happy was made. Bioshock 2 was pretty good too. So what the fuck do I know?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I personally don't want to see another one but I trust that Irrational would have a really good reason if they decided to go back to that universe.

This. I really do not think it would be smart to do, especially given the nature of Infinite's ending, but if they went there then I am sure they have a pretty good reason for doing so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want an infinite 2, I know that much. As far as another Bioshock game, though, I think I'd have to see what it is first. I really enjoyed infinite and if they could capture that again I think it would be worth another go.

But I also think they could do something similar without calling it Bioshock. Maybe drop some of what is expected of that name to carry for the next generation.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I didn't want this game to be called Bioshock but the way they set it up in the end made sense in the title. If they can do another game using the same name and they can make it work, I say do it.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I loved Infinite I would love to see Irrational do something new. I would like to see what Ken Levine does with a real RPG, not an FPS with light RPG elements.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Dalai

Absolutely.

But not immediately. I wouldn't mind if they took a 5-6 year hiatus from Bioshock and try something new.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Winternet

No. But, I said the same thing after the first Bioshock.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ThePickle

I don't care what it's called or what franchise it's a part of, just give me an environment as rich as Rapture.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

Going with the Claude answer on this one. I'm excited for what Irrational makes next but I think another Bioshock game would be irrational. GET IT?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ask me again in five years.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder

Yes, but I want them to at least slightly subvert the pattern they explicitly outlined in the game...but really, it needs to be something almost completely different.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would one say "No" to the question of "Do you want more games?"

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't want another Bioshock, just because i don't see how they can continue, but ill gladly have my expectations shattered again.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#19  Edited By BeachThunder

@extomar said:

Quantity != quality.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By louiedog

Do I want another right now? Nope. Will I in 5 years when it would actually release? Most likely.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@extomar said:

Quantity != quality.

Any quantity > no quantity

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

After just playing through Infinite, I think I'm ready for Irrational to retire the "BioShock" name. Infinite's final moments tied everything together and wrapped it with a bow so perfectly that it is more likely to sour all the work they put in to making it to this point by making another BioShock too soon, so I voted "No way!"

I'd love it if they happened to revisit the whole "A man, a lighthouse, and a city" concept, but not as directly as both BioShock and Infinite. A very subtle callback in a spiritual successor would be really nice, though!

Personally I'm ready for a new _____Shock but not another BioShock. At least not in this generation of games.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShaggE

I *want* one, sure, but I don't know if there should actually be one, unless they do the dramatic shift like they did between System and Bio.

I feel like Infinite should be the end of the man/lighthouse/city story, at the very least.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Now they have an excuse to make a new bunch of shit without changing the name of the series. That's like some fucking holy grail when it comes to keeping a franchise from becoming rote while building a franchise if you ask me. Like Assassin's Creed only more successful. And not annual. Shit. Bringing up Assassin's Creed hurts my position which is hell yeah. I was going to make a great joke about irrational behavior from people who just played a fantastic game in a fantastically new and refreshing world. Get it? Irrational behavior? Funny, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.