E3 Demo Preview Embargo has been lifted

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
Shacknews

lol dead horse
 Alternate universe Kratos
This game continues to look interesting. The combat seems like it'll be dynamic, what with the Skylines and things like the 'Songbird'. Two things of note: there's time travel and they totally messed up Elizabeth's looks! For the sake of comparison, here is how she looked like previously:

#2 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1822 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
there's time travel
I'm out. Not that I was really in to begin with, but still. 
#3 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
there's time travel
I'm out. Not that I was really in to begin with, but still. 
So why even post?
#4 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
there's time travel
I'm out.
I'm in!
#5 Edited by Toms115 (2317 posts) -

excited to see how this one turns out. i have faith in irrational.

also: still don't like the title. it might end up being connected to original bioshock in some capacity but at the moment it just feels like bioshock was slapped on for the sake ip awareness.

#6 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1822 posts) -
@President_Barackbar: To express my displeasure in the fact that there will be time travel? I was probably going to play eventually it because Ken Levine has never failed me,but I was never really excited about it. But time travel is a deal breaker. 
#7 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Game looks so sick.

Batman
Skyrim
Infinite
Dark Souls
DE:HR

The second half of this year is a fucking doozy.
#8 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
Game looks so sick.

Batman
Skyrim
Infinite
Dark Souls

I thought BioShock Infinite was a 2012 release?
#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@SoldierG654342: Hey, maybe time travel won't be that big of a deal (although, it probably will be). All that's written in the preview I read is that Liz can manipulate rifts in space-time continuum and at one point it goes out of hand and the main character and Liz end up in 1980 for a moment.
#10 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

She looks like she had a bad nose job now.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@GetEveryone: Yeah, the game's a 2012 release.
#12 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
Ken Levine has never failed me. But time travel is a deal breaker. 
So, time travel is one thing that Ken Levine and team couldn't possibly do right? Sounds like he CAN fail you.
#13 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
Game looks so sick.

Batman
Skyrim
Infinite
Dark Souls

Infinite is '12, and wtf is DEHR...Dragon...no...err...i give up
#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Rhaknar said: 
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, man.
#15 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ@Aragorn123: @Rhaknar: Colour me slightly disappointed, I guess :(
wtf is DEHR...Dragon...no...err...i give up
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, man. Was incredibly hype for that game not long ago, but every little bit more I see of it turns me off a little.

S'all about Skyrim and Arkham City.
#16 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@Rhaknar said: 
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, man.
ah, i wouldnt get there. fair enough
#17 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

wow. what is going on with that art style...

It's like they're going for a pixar look or something.

I'm in now way  a fan of strict representationalism (or I guess realism as people frequently mistake it for) but if any series needed it, I would think it was bioshock.

#18 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

Looks....really damn good. Digging the art style too.

#19 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1822 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said: 
So, time travel is one thing that Ken Levine and team couldn't possibly do right? Sounds like he CAN fail you.
"Has never" isn't the same as "can never". Perhaps the OP is right and time travel won't be a major component of the game, but I find it unlikely that they would include it only to have it disappear forever. And it's always a shame to see good story's ruined by all the inherit problems that time travel entails. 
#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@JazGalaxy: Yeah. Maybe they wanted to get away from the gritty, dirty setting that was Rapture.
#21 Posted by GoldenGlove (54 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said:
@SoldierG654342 said:
Ken Levine has never failed me. But time travel is a deal breaker. 
In regard to Ken Levine failing him, he said "has never", not "cannot". Your attempt at hyper-literal condescension is off the mark.
#22 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

Is the first picture old as well? Assuming it's supposed to be Elizabeth in both 1st and 2nd pics, she looks totally different. 

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@drag said:
Is the first picture old as well? Assuming it's supposed to be Elizabeth in both 1st and 2nd pics, she looks totally different. 
No, all of the pics apart from the last one are recent. Looking at the two first ones, you're right, she doesn't look quite the same. It could also just have something to do with the angle, lighting and distance, though.
#24 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -

Wow looks great, hope it delivers.

#25 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Infinite looked amazing from the start. Also, not digging the chick's new look at all :/ It's Cole all over again

#26 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -
@SoldierG654342: It just makes no sense to me that you have such faith in the team, yet you think a time travel mechanic that we know basically nothing about is a complete deal breaker. After all, time travel has been handled well in games before, so its not like its some mechanic that has proven over and over that it destroys games.
#27 Posted by allworkandlowpay (873 posts) -

I've been with Levine from the beginning. He hasn't made a bad game, and I'm not going to doubt his story-crafting abilities just because of some irrational (hehe) fear of time travelling plots. In fact, if done right, it could turn the Bioshock mythos on its head, and make for a very interesting change in the franchise.

Let's see what you got, Mr. Levine.
#28 Posted by AlexW00d (6449 posts) -

Art style looks like Timesplitters, and it was good for Timesplitters, not so good for this.

#29 Posted by rybrad (128 posts) -
@Aragorn123 said:
@GetEveryone said:
Game looks so sick.

Batman
Skyrim
Infinite
Dark Souls

I thought BioShock Infinite was a 2012 release?
Time travel.
#30 Posted by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

Lookin good! can't wait to try this game! I love Bioshock but having to go back to Rapture in Bioshock 2 wasn't really the greatest. Thankfully it turned out to be an amazing game.

#31 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

e-boner activated.

#32 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -

Sounds like we already have our Game of the Year, 2012!

#33 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

Is it me or have the slightly increased Elizabeth's bust? Probably just me. But that aside, it's looking pretty great so far. Definitely a refreshing change from the dark, dank depths of Rapture.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (12166 posts) -

Man, what's up with Chesty Leroux over here?

#35 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

boobehs

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.