FInally finished Bioshock Infinite and . . .

#1 Posted by mmslayer (17 posts) -

I did NOT see that coming. So my question is, now that I know the ending, are there cues or foreshadowing during the game that give any hints (I can't remember much specifically)? Is it worth a second playthrough? I finished it on hard, so all that is open to me would be 1999 mode.

#2 Edited by Willza92 (266 posts) -

Yes, there is tons of little moments in the game that foreshadow the end and are ironic or simply funny when you have that knowledge. If you enjoyed the game enough to want to play it a second time then go for it, however 1999 mode really is tough so maybe if you just want to go through and experience the story and atmosphere again, crank down on a lower difficulty and take your time going through. Damn fine game.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (12092 posts) -

Which parts did you not see coming?
The Rapture thing seemed incredibly obvious to me; Booker being Comstock was spoiled for me, but it did seem reasonably telegraphed; I definitely didn't see the finger in the portal thing coming.

#4 Posted by Marcsman (3238 posts) -

The connection with Elizabeth was a given for me.

#5 Posted by jbreezycp (6 posts) -

1. Don't do 1999 Mode if you want to enjoy the actual story, I tried to go back through it on 1999 mode after beating it on hard, and I wasn't enjoying the story at all, too busy wondering how the hell I was going to kill the handymen when I Could barely do it on Hard. Now i'm on a second run through on medium, and though I'm breezing through the game, it actually allows me to be more patient and look for every bit of clue, foreshadow, connection etc. I actually listen/read the voxophones now lol.

2. I didn't see the connection with Elizabeth to be honest. I mean i knew it was a CONNECTION but did not see the specifics. Also didn't see the Comstock/Booker connection as far as what it was. But that's probably because I didn't listen/read the voxophones the first play through, I didn't think the game was that deep until it started blowing my mind after finding Lin in the prison.

3. The Letuces being the same person would have been obvious to me if I actually paid attention the first run through lol, but my mind for some reason decided to believe they were just one person from the same universe split in two because of a bad experiment.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

In retrospect, there are little bits of foreshadowing throughout ("YOU HEAR ME!? COMSTOCK WASN'T AT WOUNDED KNEE!"), and I understood the ending up to the Booker being Comstock part. How does that work, again?

#7 Edited by jbreezycp (6 posts) -

@video_game_king Comstock is Booker in another universe where he took the baptism and became a prophet. The letuces experiments left him sterile, so he went to get Anna from Booker who was depressed and in debt (gambling if i'm correct).

I think that's simple enough. ?

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@jbreezycp:

OK, that makes sense. Plus it reconciles the "fuck Booker DeWitt" attitude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.