Hand (spoilers)

#1 Posted by Meteor_VII (125 posts) -

I was listening to Weekend Confirmed and they talk about a choice where you can hurt your hand but when is that I just finished the game and never saw a option?

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

<p>It's a spot in the game where you get stabbed. It happens no matter what you do. Unless you draw your gun.

If you draw your gun you don't get stabbed.

#3 Posted by Perclank (4 posts) -

Probably referring to the part near the start where you can demand tickets or draw your gun. If you demand tickets you get stabbed in the hand

#4 Posted by Village_Guy (2507 posts) -

Actually you can avoid getting stabbed. It is at the ticket station where you have the option to either draw your weapons or not.

If you draw your weapon you won't get stabbed in the hand, if you don't draw your weapon you will get stabbed.

#5 Posted by Meteor_VII (125 posts) -

Oh okay. I drew my weapon because it's a super obvious set up.

#6 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Having a bandana on your hand makes it visually more pleasing than seeing a generic pair of hands. Especially during the reload animations. Have a good pair of gloves helps a lot to make the gunplay less boring, as odd as it can be.

#7 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Wait- I played the whole game with bare hands and not a bitchin bandana because I overheard that ass setting me up and drew on him? Dammit...

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Elizabeth made me feel bad for drawing first, but I did it for our safety! How much does the dialogue change afterwards depending on your choice?

#9 Posted by DarkShaper (1322 posts) -

Elizabeth made me feel bad for drawing first, but I did it for our safety! How much does the dialogue change afterwards depending on your choice?

Unless i missed something only one or two lines are different. She freaks out about you killing people either way.

#10 Edited by EXTomar (4518 posts) -

This is speculative but I also wonder if having your hand hurt or not effected another aspect of the game. The way Booker reloads and chambers the first round is unusual for weapons like the shotgun where it only makes sense to do it that way because his left hand wouldn't hurt so much when he pushes/pulls the lever or the bolt.

#11 Posted by OurSin_360 (837 posts) -

@extomar I didn't notice anything different, but it's possible some of the interactions in the game were a bit different since it is the hand with his brand on it. Will do it different next time I play

#12 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2232 posts) -

@klei said:

Having a bandana on your hand makes it visually more pleasing than seeing a generic pair of hands. Especially during the reload animations. Have a good pair of gloves helps a lot to make the gunplay less boring, as odd as it can be.

This is actually very true. Got stabbed first playthrough, really like the bright blue wrap.

Drew my gun the second playthrough, hand looks naked.

#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

@klei said:

This is actually very true. Got stabbed first playthrough, really like the bright blue wrap.

Have exactly the same feeling. I need my bandaged hand to help me through 1999 mode. But alas my hand is bandage-less.

#14 Edited by Village_Guy (2507 posts) -

@somedelicook said:

@klei said:

Have exactly the same feeling. I need my bandaged hand to help me through 1999 mode. But alas my hand is bandage-less.

Yeah, I got stabbed on my first playthrough, and now on the 1999 playthrough I drew my gun, and I feel a little sad my hand isn't bandaged, there was something really... pleasing, for a lack of a better word, about that bandaged hand.

#15 Edited by President_Barackbar (3439 posts) -

I never even knew you could get stabbed and wear a bandage the rest of the game. That's kinda awesome. But really, I subscribe to the Han Solo school of "shoot first when you know a motherfucker is getting ready to end you"

#16 Edited by Ghostiet (5229 posts) -

@president_barackbar said:

I never even knew you could get stabbed and wear a bandage the rest of the game. That's kinda awesome. But really, I subscribe to the Han Solo school of "shoot first when you know a motherfucker is getting ready to end you"

You motherfucker. Han shooting first/second is a variable! NOW EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE

#17 Posted by Anonymgeist (29 posts) -

I'm glad I went with the option where I got stabbed because the scene where Elizabeth bandaged the hand up was actually pretty touching.

#18 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

First play through I tried being nice, and I got stabbed. :(

#19 Edited by DaMaJaDiZ (59 posts) -

Does anybody else reference the brand on his hand if he avoids getting knifed?

#20 Posted by ahgunsillyo (444 posts) -

Actually, avoiding getting stabbed would have eliminated one of the small "continuity error"-type of graphical inconsistency that I noticed throughout the game. I ended up getting Booker's hand stabbed in my playthrough, so he had the blue handwrap throughout the game. However, whenever he drank a Vigor for the first time and experienced the weird hand visions, he would not be wearing the wrap around his hand. I found that that stood out in a strange, "I noticed it once and now I see it every time" kind of way.

However, I also found that getting stabbed and having to bandage his hand was a convenient way to hide his "False Prophet" branding.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.