How to make the Last Fight Trivial (Spoilerss)

#1 Edited by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Sorry if someone else has posted something similar elsewhere or if you feel this should go in an already existing thread but get over it dork.

So for the last fight where you have to protect the generator you might find it a little tough on 1999 mode but Those Days Are Over Chum.

Equip the 'Return to Sender' vigor, hold down the trigger and throw a bunch of shields around all sides of the generator, if you get a good amount of coverage any and all bullets fired at the generator will be absorbed into the shields and you wont have to worry about a thing. Rockets can still hit it but they do so little damage that you can take your time dealing with them.

From there feel free to deal with the rest of the dudes however you wish, personally I just had Songbird take out the dudes on the deck whilst I rode around boarding the zeppelins and generally being a menace. The patriots will keep appearing indefinitely but son you got an invinci-generator. I think that covers everything?

#2 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

yeah i did that my first run and it worked somewhat ok but maybe i didn't put enough on there. i dunno.

Also i'm told u could undertow the patriot up to the sniper ledge and he wont be able to hit the generator and since he isn't killed more won't spawn. Going through 1999 still but haven't tried yet tho

#3 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

@hbkdx12 said:

yeah i did that my first run and it worked somewhat ok but maybe i didn't put enough on there. i dunno.

Also i'm told u could undertow the patriot up to the sniper ledge and he wont be able to hit the generator and since he isn't killed more won't spawn. Going through 1999 still but haven't tried yet tho

hmmm didnt think about that.

And yeah you probably just needed to lay a few more down cause the way it worked out when I did it I lost like no health on that generator.

#4 Edited by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

That seems like a much more efficient strategy. Here's the one I used in 1999. Scraped by with maybe 1/3 generator health remaining: Send Songbird after airships whenever he's available. The rest of the time, use Charge and Undertow on everything. Charge lets you aggro enemies and takes their focus off the generator. Combined with the brief invincibility after charging buff and the piece of gear that gives you salts on kill, you can keep yourself in the fray for quite awhile. As waves of enemies arrive, Undertow is useful for sending the ones near ledges sailing.

Using crow and lightning traps would probably work well too but they're much less mana salts-efficient.

#5 Posted by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -

I have yet to get to the end battle in my second playthrough in 1999 mode, but I will definitely use this return to sender strategy. And try the "undertow the patriot up to the sniper ledge" strategy as well. Thanks duders!

#6 Posted by MEATBALL (3473 posts) -

Ha! I quickly forgot about Return to Sender's default function because I didn't see how it could be as useful as it is when holding the button down, that's an excellent idea.

#7 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

The toughest part is when the patriots start to drop. I found that if you use song bird on the deck when the patriots drop and kill both of them, but leave one normal Vox no more patriots will drop, then you are free to use song bird to take out the zeppelins and clean up the deck. I tried a bunch of strategies on that part late last night and this morning when I played I tried exactly what I said above and got it on the first try. I also had nothing upgraded so you don't have to be a power house to do it.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15139 posts) -

Oh man well its 5am and I'm at this fight right now on 1999 mode. I must not be doing this right cause tried and it was still getting messed up. About how many are sufficient? I was thinking 3 up front 3 in back? Ugh wanna beat this right now but I need sleep. Goddamn you Bioshock. I'll beat you in the morning you fickle bitch.

#9 Edited by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

Hmm. Good strategy. I'll try it on my current run on Hard and on my 1999 playthrough.

#10 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

I still don't get the point of the song.

#11 Edited by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Oh man well its 5am and I'm at this fight right now on 1999 mode. I must not be doing this right cause tried and it was still getting messed up. About how many are sufficient? I was thinking 3 up front 3 in back? Ugh wanna beat this right now but I need sleep. Goddamn you Bioshock. I'll beat you in the morning you fickle bitch.

Just enough to cover it, Im pretty sure you can have upwards of 10+ shields thrown down at any time so you have more than enough to cover it

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15139 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Just enough to cover it, Im pretty sure you can have upwards of 10+ shields thrown down at any time so you have more than enough to cover it

Yeah I ended up doing 3 in the front and it worked out pretty darn well.

#13 Edited by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

I don't even know what shields you're talking about. Is that the trap version of Return to Sender or something?

#14 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

I finished the fight on 1999 mode with about 2/3 of the health left. I tried to keep one weak guy alive to avoid letting more spawn and let him impotently fire pistol shots at the generator. I used Songbird on the guys on the deck and gunships at the bow. His recharge time is slower after attacking zeppelins so I boarded the ones on the right (it wouldn't give me a land spot for the one on the left) and took them out by hand. Then I used Songbird on the left zeppelin and the fight was over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.