Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

I'm so happy nothing got spoiled for me.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I avoided the quick look, forum threads, basically everything involving this game. Normally I don't care about spoilers ext, but these games are so heavily story and world driven that I just had to have a media blackout on it and I am so happy I did. Do you guys feel the same way?

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same here dude, media blackout all the way! I even avoided the trailers completely before release.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

heck ya

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Yeah, the only thing I saw before playing Infinite was the first gameplay trailer they released a couple years ago.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get that opportunity because someone created a troll account on here and posted the final plot twist/ending around midnight PST a few days before official release. He put it all in the thread title (it was a poll so it was allowed to have a long title) so I was broadsided while just scrolling through the topics. I still enjoyed the journey, I just didn't get to experience the surprise that everyone else did. :(

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I avoided all trailers and spoilers too. Woot woot.

DorkPheasant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DorkPheasant

@mrsignerman44: suprisingly i found that i didn't need to keep blacking out trailers or even reviews because suprisingly even the community kept quiet for it, well at least they kept it in a spoiler thread and people weren't shouting it out as they would on other games. I am really happy with the Bioshock Infinite community for keeping the ending such a secret!

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I was watching a video review on gametrailers, having avoided almost everything since a year in order to keep this game entirely spoiler-free, and some dude added a comment describing the very ending of the game in bold caps.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

You bastards didn't spoil the game for me. Thanks, you lovable bastards.

bitchypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bitchypixels

I also took part in a media blackout and I think it was what was needed for an absolutely immersive experience. I was amazed the whole time.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I avoided the quick look, forum threads, basically everything involving this game. Normally I don't care about spoilers ext, but these games are so heavily story and world driven that I just had to have a media blackout on it and I am so happy I did. Do you guys feel the same way?

Yeah, I didn't watch the QL, read the review, or watch trailers minus the early one with the horse. I already knew I was going to buy it so why spoil it. But, to be fair, I don't think just a one spoiler-filled sentence could have ruined the experience. There's too much shit going on in this game for a spoiler to have much meaning. It's almost as futile as spoiling Dear Esther as it isn't something that can be spoiled per se.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything that happened after the Song Bird battle caught me really off guard I was just in awe of how crazy it got.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I didn't get that opportunity because someone created a troll account on here and posted the final plot twist/ending around midnight PST a few days before official release. He put it all in the thread title (it was a poll so it was allowed to have a long title) so I was broadsided while just scrolling through the topics. I still enjoyed the journey, I just didn't get to experience the surprise that everyone else did. :(

This ;_; I only saw that Booker = Comstock though, which, to be fair turned out to be pretty obvious, but still =(

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subjugation said:

This ;_; I only saw that Booker = Comstock though, which, to be fair turned out to be pretty obvious, but still =(

Same here (thanks a lot, Epic PM), but the end was still amazing. Jeff/Ryan (I forget who) were right when they said that you can't spoil this game in a mere sentence. The story's too complex for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.