In-game pre-order bonuses - to use or not to use

#1 Posted by PandaBear (1377 posts) -

So if you pre-order you get the following:

Gear Pack: Start the game with three exclusive Gear power-ups:

• Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.
  • Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of “Silver Eagles” – ingame currency.
  • Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage.

Am I the only one who doesn't want the game made any easier because I put down money before the games release? I know it's entirely optional... but will any pre-order cutsomers use these perks?

#2 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Do the same thing I did for Dishonored: Play the game once, play it a second time with the DLC enabled.

There you go, best of both worlds

#3 Posted by awesomeusername (4191 posts) -

Why not? If I have them, I might as well use them. Gamestop also gave me a code for this so yeah...

#4 Posted by BBQBram (2238 posts) -

They're probably like the tonics, passive buffs you can turn on or off. So it's no big deal. I'll probably use the ones that fit my playstyle.

@awesomeusername said:

Why not? If I have them, I might as well use them. Gamestop also gave me a code for this so yeah...

Playing that right now. It's pretty addictive. I like how they give you all the in-game stuff at puzzle 12, but make you play the whole thing for the faction picture packs. That way you can still flaunt your dedication, but people who just want the unlocks can easily manage to get 'em.

#5 Edited by awesomeusername (4191 posts) -

@BBQBram said:

@awesomeusername said:

Playing that right now. It's pretty addictive. I like how they give you all the in-game stuff at puzzle 12, but make you play the whole thing for the faction picture packs. That way you can still flaunt your dedication, but people who just want the unlocks can easily manage to get 'em.

I haven't tried it out yet but I'm glad you think it's good because now I know it isn't a piece of shit. I'll give it a go tomorrow night and I'll probably become addicted until I unlock everything. So excited for the game man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.