Installation problem, advice anyone?

#1 Edited by INV2 (261 posts) -

I bought a physical collector's edition on Amazon.com and tried to install, Steam kicks in and stops the installation saying that the game hasn't been released. Of course, the game was released in March. Now it is just sitting in my Steam library with "preload" option.

I emailed Steam support and 2K support and no response. It's been 4 days. Anyone have this problem???

#2 Posted by mbdoeden (178 posts) -

Check your PCs clock, is it set to the wrong date and time?

Make sure Steam is updated.

That's all I can think of, you'll probably hear something from Steam support tomorrow since it's Monday. Good luck.

#3 Posted by INV2 (261 posts) -

Time and date of my PC is correct, Steam is updated. Logged in and out, but didn't help. Should I "preload?" Anyway, thank you for your thoughts. I really hope they respond, I've managed to avoid spoilers so far, but just really want to play.

#4 Edited by expensiveham (291 posts) -

You should try restarting the steam client and then contact Steam support. 2K will not be able to help you with this.

#5 Posted by INV2 (261 posts) -

Well, I tried restarting. I sent a support ticket 5 days ago. I guess I need to wait. Has anyone even heard of this happening?

#6 Edited by audioBusting (1544 posts) -

Did you try asking here? I've never heard of this problem before, but I don't see the harm in trying to preload anyway. It's unfortunate that Steam Support is taking so long for you; I never had to wait that long for them to respond.

#7 Edited by EXTomar (4736 posts) -

Wait, have you actually clicked "Preload"? If this is the first time you have used Steam, you need to confirm you are ready to do the download and unlocking by clicking Preload. Depending on your network speed and machine's processor it can take a bit of time to unencyrpt.

#8 Edited by INV2 (261 posts) -

I put the disc in my machine, the install started, I put in my code, it is valid, shortly later the install stops, and the Steam prompt said that the install could not complete because the game has not been released. But you can preload it, so that when it is released the game will be available for you. Something to that effect. But, I didn't want the problem to be worse, so I thought I would wait and see what I am supposed to do.

Preloading is just for games that have yet to be released, but allow you to download the files in advance to help with server traffic right? I mean, this game has almost been out a month. Why would I preload it now?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.