Is this game worth playing at all...?

• 104 results
#1 Posted by flameboy298 (63 posts) -

I played the First two bioshocks and loved them I started playing Bioshock Infinite today and its just meh...I mean it doesn't feel like Bioshock at all.Im on the part right where I kill the big fire-man and the enemies feel to easy and Idk it just doesn't feel right to me,I mean the first two bioshocks were Immersive and amazing,but maybe I should play alittle more?Is the story good at all to continue playing?

#2 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

No, Jeff's a casual.

#3 Posted by flameboy298 (63 posts) -
#4 Posted by mercutio123 (472 posts) -

Bump the difficulty up? I personally don't care for it much

#5 Edited by Morningstar (2231 posts) -

It's good, certainly. But it doesn't hold a candle to the first one.

#6 Posted by pweidman (2355 posts) -

Yes of course. Keep playing it. I like it more though than the Bioshock 1 or 2. The gameplay stays fun in this one and the story is just nuts and much harder to see through for me than the other 2.

#7 Posted by flameboy298 (63 posts) -

Its on Hard

#8 Posted by mintyice (191 posts) -

It's worth experiencing, yes.

#9 Posted by SlashDance (1841 posts) -

The first hour of actual gameplay (after the long intro) is easily the weakest part of the game for me. Keep playing.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I haven't seen Patrick cover it, so there's no way it's worth playing.

#11 Edited by DonChipotle (2809 posts) -

Is the story good at all to continue playing?

Hahahahah no. No it is not.

#12 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

It's the best Bioshock game ever made. So, no?

#13 Posted by ripelivejam (4608 posts) -

your a bioshock

#14 Posted by joshwent (2327 posts) -

This might be too revolutionary of a thought, but if you don't like it... maybe don't play it?

Why are people so dependent on other folks opinions? I thought BI was great and I loved the intro, so if you don't, my views obviously don't apply.

your a bioshock

(if you have to keep the meme going, at least use the correct form of that word)

#15 Edited by coaxmetal (1647 posts) -

This game is great. But you don't have to play it if you don't like it.

#16 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@joshwent said:

This might be too revolutionary of a thought, but if you don't like it... maybe don't play it?

Why are people so dependent on other folks opinions? I thought BI was great and I loved the intro, so if you don't, my views obviously don't apply.

@ripelivejam said:

your a bioshock

(if you have to keep the meme going, at least use the correct form of that word)

ur a word

#17 Posted by joshwent (2327 posts) -
#18 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

You've literally played like 30 minutes. Yes you should absolutely give up on this highly critically acclaimed game in a series that you enjoyed all the other entries in based on the first thirty minutes.

#19 Posted by Aetheldod (3682 posts) -

Yes it is.

#20 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1627 posts) -
#21 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5855 posts) -

Play System Shock 2 instead

#22 Posted by dr_mantas (2014 posts) -

Did you get to the beach part?

The combat's too easy? Bump the difficulty up.

The game is atmospheric as hell, at least for me. If you're hating it nothing's gonna change your mind.

#23 Edited by Arabes (345 posts) -

I thought it was a really cool game. I never did understand all the hate that came down on it.

#24 Posted by StarvingGamer (8472 posts) -

No, stop.

STOP NOW!

#25 Posted by cloudymusic (1222 posts) -

@fancysoapsman said:

Play System Shock 2 instead

If someone thinks that the combat in Infinite is a slog, man, they've got a rude awakening in store when they try SS2.

#26 Posted by Icemael (6355 posts) -

@flameboy298 said:

@mercutio123 said:

Its on Hard

Play it on 1999. The combat eventually gets really boring on that mode as well (to the point where I couldn't even be bothered to finish the game), but it was good fun for a couple of hours.

#27 Posted by LVL3Bard (28 posts) -

You need to learn how to think for yourself, dude.

"Hey guys, I played this game for 10 minutes! I need to be told if I should like it or not!"

#28 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5855 posts) -

@cloudymusic: Maybe, but SS2 is much less combat-focused than infinite.

#29 Posted by Humanity (9855 posts) -

@icemael said:

@flameboy298 said:

@mercutio123 said:

Its on Hard

Play it on 1999. The combat eventually gets really boring on that mode as well (to the point where I couldn't even be bothered to finish the game), but it was good fun for a couple of hours.

Alternatively tie one of your hands behind your back and have another person continuously discuss all the plot holes in the story to distract you.

#30 Posted by Random45 (1264 posts) -

I hated the combat, but that doesn't mean the game isn't worth playing necessarily. Just set it to easy mode and enjoy the story, which is what I did.

#31 Posted by lclay (383 posts) -

It's a great game, screw the haters.

#32 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5076 posts) -

No, stop.

STOP NOW!

But it's cool to hate Infinite.

#33 Edited by Evilsbane (4696 posts) -

This whole thing took such a dumb turn the game is a marvel it is beautiful, well told, has better combat than any previous game in the series, great set pieces, If you played both Bioshock 1&2 HOW In the fuck would you find Infinite not interesting? Yes there are gaps yes some of the story beats are underdeveloped for some the combat wears thin (Not my experience it got Better as the game went on its not easy) to much of the story context is held in recording boxes.

But there is a Fully realized wonderful universe with a pretty kickass game attached to it and now that the launch is over and everyone is done saying how great it was now its just getting unfairly picked apart over BS.

ADD Version: The game is wonderful finish it.

#34 Posted by Brenderous (1107 posts) -

Yes, play it.

It's cool to hate it. The story has problems with racism, granted. But it's still a no-holds-barred adrenaline fueled thrill ride.

#35 Posted by Hunkulese (2838 posts) -

Best game of 2013 so yes.

#36 Edited by HatKing (6060 posts) -

I like that anybody who dislikes this game has their opinions dismissed with "it's cool to hate it." Because the amount of times it shows up in top ten lists and comes up in discussion on these forums would imply otherwise. Maybe I'll just start retorting with "you just like whatever people tell you to."

Anyway, the game is divisive. Some people don't like it, some people really do. That's fine. But either way you should try to develop your own feelings for it, and identify what you do or don't like about the experience. If you're worried about buying a copy, it'll be on PS Plus (if that's an option for you) next month.

#37 Posted by StarvingGamer (8472 posts) -
#38 Posted by spraynardtatum (3513 posts) -

I love Infinite. It's absolutely worth playing, at the very least to have your own opinion on it.

#39 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -

Keep going with it. I think Infinite is amazing and "immersive", but yes, it does take a departure from the first two games, that's one of the best things it does.

#40 Posted by afabs515 (1263 posts) -

I really enjoyed it at the time, but a lot of that may have been hype in retrospect. If you know the big twist/have seen the ending sequence, no. Otherwise, it may be worth continuing because the end info dump is one of my favorite game sequences of the year.

#41 Posted by supermonkey122 (857 posts) -

It's an amazing game. I don't know what all these haters are talking about.

#42 Posted by Fattony12000 (7594 posts) -
#43 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3971 posts) -

Obviously dude. If it isn't for you that's cool but its a great game.

#44 Posted by Nentisys (897 posts) -

No.

#45 Posted by Baillie (4278 posts) -

Let's see how you get on in the graveyard if you're finding it easy.

#46 Posted by Demoskinos (15103 posts) -

@flameboy298: Play on 1999 mode if you want a challenge. If not them just accept that the game on normal difficulties isn't hard at all and its meant for people to just plow through.

#47 Edited by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

@baillie said:

Let's see how you get on in the graveyard if you're finding it easy.

I honestly didn't find that area very difficult. But that last fight on the bridge was very difficult (and solely due to that fight, I've crossed off ever going back and playing through on 1999 mode).

#48 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite is more immersive than the first two Bioshocks. Haha. Play it on the hardest difficulty. It's not an insanely difficult game, but the combat is fun and the story is incredible (no matter what Patrick says...).

#49 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

No, Jeff's a casual.

That doesn't sound snobby at all...

#50 Edited by fossas (178 posts) -

I thought it was fucking amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.