Is your pre-order in your Steam Library?

#1 Edited by Gargantuan (1881 posts) -

I pre-ordered it but it isn't in my library. Aren't games usually there when you pre-order them?

#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

It'll probably show up in your library when you're able to pre-load it.

#3 Edited by ajkent (35 posts) -

I have it, but it has not been released (able to preload).

#4 Edited by Ben_H (3307 posts) -

It should show up in there. I didn't pre-order it but I did pre-order AoEII: HD and it is indeed in my library.

#5 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Yeah, mine is in my library.

edit: Have you checked your email to make sure the sale went through?

#6 Edited by Gargantuan (1881 posts) -

I received my copies of Bioshock 1 and X-com so it definitely worked. On the Bioshock Infinite store page it says "You already own BioShock Infinite" but it's not in my library.

I think I'm gonna contact support.

#7 Posted by Savage (316 posts) -

You could try restarting Steam, and see if it appears then. That often resolves issues with pre-orders and pre-loads.

#8 Posted by VoidProd (93 posts) -

@peasantabuse said:

I received my copies of Bioshock 1 and X-com so it definitely worked. On the Bioshock Infinite store page it says "You already own BioShock Infinite" but it's not in my library.

I think I'm gonna contact support.

Exact same thing happened to me. Looking into the matter...

#9 Edited by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

@savage said:

You could try restarting Steam, and see if it appears then. That often resolves issues with pre-orders and pre-loads.

I've found this to be the case. Either that or I only have 'Installed' games appearing in my library rather than all of it.

#10 Posted by jsnyder82 (726 posts) -

Yeah, it's in my library. You should probably contact Support.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.