Just got all 1000 points

#1 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

Today I finished the game for the third time got all 1000 points and then used store credit to buy the premium edition for ps3 because I want to do it all over again and get the platinum. I really enjoy playing the game and I just want to be in that world more. My question to you guys is what games have you done a similar thing with or just loved a game so much you that you played it over and over again?

#2 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

Congratulations! I've only really "S-ranked" and got "all" the achievements for a game once, and that was for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on 360 back when I had waaaay more time. Then there was a bunch of DLC for it I didn't bother to get (because I had the game on PC by then) and I didn't bother to get those achievements for it so I actually technically don't even have that maxed out, sadly.

Most of this generation's Bethesda games I ended up loving so much that I played it over and over again, though; everything between The Elder Scrolls 4/5 and Fallout 3/NV.

#3 Posted by CommonReason (109 posts) -

I've finished Infinite twice now and I plan to do an easy run to pick up the few trophies that I missed.

The last time I played a single player game this much was probably Condemned: Criminal Origins. I finished that 5-6 times.

#4 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

Batman Arkham Asylum.

God of War 3.

I loved Arkham City, I beat it once and was about to play the NG+, but I deleted my savefile when I quit the game by mistake during a '' saving '' moment. I restarted another playthrough, and had an annoying glitch that made it impossible for me to activate the VR training missions throughout my campaign. It was the end of my attempt at S-ranking this game.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14837 posts) -

Awesome. I just JUST beat a 1999 mode scavanger run. WHEW man. Now that I did that I'm going to go back through on easy with a FAQ and just fucking play with all the vigor combos and shit and get collectibles. In comparision easy mode is going to feel like having God mode turned on. xD

#6 Edited by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

I just got to the Fink area on 1999 and have been avoiding the game since. Im afraid of the handymen on 1999.

#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

Awesome. I just JUST beat a 1999 mode scavanger run. WHEW man. Now that I did that I'm going to go back through on easy with a FAQ and just fucking play with all the vigor combos and shit and get collectibles. In comparision easy mode is going to feel like having God mode turned on. xD

So....how was fighting that ghost on 1999 mode? Fun no?

#8 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

@demoskinos: My first time through the game I played through on hard and in spots I found it really frustrating but probably just because I had played the game twice already I found 1999 mode to be really fun and never frustrating and I'm not that good at games.I only did one playthrough of 1999 mode to get both achievements but yeah I found playing on normal after hard was much the same way. Now playing through in on ps3 I'm feeling no fatigue whatsoever, I just really want to do it over again.

#9 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

@equitasinvictus: This is my first time getting every achievement on the 360 with a full on 1000 points game, I have all but one achievement in Hitman absolution and most of the achievements for dmc. when vice city came out I played that game like 7 times.

#10 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@equitasinvictus: when vice city came out I played that game like 7 times.

Oh speaking of Vice City I think that's the first game I ever 100% beat. They had some nice rewards for that in-game, too, it was great.

Watch out for DLC, though, as it might add to the 1000 achievement points. That's what got me in Oblivion for 360.

#11 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Congratulations. You've accomplished nothing. Fuck achievements and fuck trophies. Give us something that actually gives us a reason to replay a game(like in the previous generation) other than 'show 'em online' crap.

#12 Edited by leftie68 (215 posts) -

@ahaisthisourchance: Congratulations. You're comment has accomplished nothing. Please realize that the OP was trying to start a discussion about video games that provide enough re-playability, that "S-ranking" said game by your every day gamer is a possibility. Nothing in this comment stream indicated that "achievements" are the main driving force to replay these games.

#14 Edited by EuanDewar (4936 posts) -

I s-ranked Infinite also cause i love the fuck out of it

#15 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

I just got to the Fink area on 1999 and have been avoiding the game since. Im afraid of the handymen on 1999.

He's handy alright...at whoopin' yo' ass!

I'm just passed the second handyman battle on 1999 mode, and yeah, he's definitely way tougher and way more eager to beat you into the ground. When I played through on hard, I never resuscitated, I always just restarted from checkpoint, but with the handyman battles in 1999 mode, I've had to alter my policy a bit just to get past him.

That Fink battle was also a pain in the ass tho, I had to walk away at one point, my hands were shaking. Went and watched some lacrosse and came back, beat it in one go. It's amazing what a break will do.

#16 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

@leftie68: Really appreciate that mate, couldn't have said it better myself.

#17 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Something I really miss when playing games on my PC lately.

#18 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@ahaisthisourchance said:

Congratulations. You've accomplished nothing. Fuck achievements and fuck trophies. Give us something that actually gives us a reason to replay a game(like in the previous generation) other than 'show 'em online' crap.

Yeah he got the 1000\1000 on the game which is a feat considering how hard 1999 mode is and Bioshock Infinite gives you heaps of reason to replay it every collectible is more story information.

#19 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

fuck that game after the ghost battle. I had an easier time beating the final level than I did beating that fucking ghost on hard. Hell I even beat the 2nd and 3rd ghost battles without dying once, but that first one took a lot of tries. I ended up having to restart from the last checkpoint and dump money into the two weapons I was holding and the other weapons I knew were in the area. That actually helped me out a lot. I couldn't imagine playing through that shitty shit again on an even harder difficulty.

The only game I ever beat 3+ times is Metal Gear Solid. Now that was great.

#20 Edited by groin (847 posts) -
@vinny_says said:

@demoskinos said:

The ghost battles are trivial if you use the upgraded charge vigor and the "blood to salts", "brittle skin", "burning halo" gear. The strategy is simple once you have all the gear:

1. Hold down the vigor button.

2. Aim at any enemy. Release the vigor button.

3. You're now invulnerable. Repeat step 1.

The ghost will die in 10-15 seconds.

#21 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior: Thank you sir, It did surprise me how much I have an overwhelming urge to do it all over again on ps3 right after doing it on 360.

#22 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Nice. I'm playing it for a 2nd time to finish it on 1999 mode and decided to flesh out the story as much as possible by using a guide for the voxaphones. I'm at the gondola fights during the ride to The Hand of the Prophet and the achievement hasn't popped yet. Hopefully the one I'm missing is one of the last ~3 or so that are between me and the end. While I wouldn't mind playing this game again, I'd rather not have to make sure I pick up each and everyone one again until it unlocks.

#23 Edited by Demoskinos (14837 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

I didn't find the first fight that bad honestly. The 2nd fight was rough but I found a pretty interesting almost near exploitative way to get past it. Without even starting the fight. I posted how I did it in the other thread I made if you're interested. The third fight was a bit of a walk in the park. Just hung out from a distance with a sniper rifle and patiently finished the job. Return to Sender is an absolute treasure in the later parts of the game.

#24 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

@louiedog: I finished the game having only missed 9 or 10 and had no idea which ones so had to collect them all again which wasn't all bad because I listened to them all in order once I got them all.

#25 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I'm trying to S rank it right now. I'm missing two achievements, the one for finding all the voxophones and the one for finding all the kinetoscopes and telescopes. I'm missing one voxophone and like two kinetoscopes or telescopes. I'm replaying on easy.

#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@pompouspizza: Awesome! I am currently replying it again on Hard mode and I'm up to chapter 10 which is getting the guns for Daisy's army. It's been pretty easy so far knowing all the spots the soldiers are in so I'm not dying. I want to platinum the game also which is weird enough because I would never try to platinum a FPS game. I love this game so much though that I have to try. I hope once I get to 1999 that it'll be easy since it'll be my third playthrough. I doubt it though but oh well!

#27 Edited by Hawkerace (280 posts) -

100% Every Spyro game I've ever played, even the PS2 ones that were below good quality.

Should have read a book or two, or three.

#28 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

@awesomeusername: after playing the game twice before hand, my first playthrough was on hard and I honestly found 1999 mode much less frustrating than hard.

#29 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Ive had the S rank a few days now. Also got S rank for Mark of the Ninja recently as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.