Let's All Watch BioShock Infinite's E3 Demo Together

• 187 results
Posted by Alex (1823 posts) -

We of the gaming press have raved endlessly about the behind-closed-doors demo of BioShock Infinite at this year's E3. So blown away were we, that the decision to give it our Game of the Show award required little ancillary discussion. It was almost kind of a foregone conclusion.

Now, courtesy of GameTrailers TV the full 14-minute demo is available to watch online. A few notes up front: the version of the demo we saw at E3 didn't feature Geoff Keighley popping in at various intervals to introduce segments, nor did Ken Levine appear to give any background on the things that were occurring in the demo. In those regards, you may actually be getting the better end of the stick, depending on your personal fondness for both Keighley and Levine's divine speaking voices.

Also, and this might just be the result of my own tattered memory, but I do seem to recall that the demo at E3 was just a tad longer. It feels like a few segments in this demo are pushed through a bit more quickly than in the demo I sat in on. I seem to recall a few sections where the developer playing through it lingered a bit more in certain areas, especially where dialogue was more heavily featured. Or perhaps that's just my mind playing a few tricks on me. I'm perfectly willing to accept either answer.

Regardless, this version of the demo is no less impressive than what we saw at the show, and it's pretty awesome that everyone now has the chance to see what got the typically jaded journalistic lot to ooh and ah with such unguarded excitement. I actually envy you, seeing it for the first time. It's still good the second, third, and even fourth time around, but that first viewing... it's pretty special. Enjoy.

Staff
#1 Posted by Alex (1823 posts) -

We of the gaming press have raved endlessly about the behind-closed-doors demo of BioShock Infinite at this year's E3. So blown away were we, that the decision to give it our Game of the Show award required little ancillary discussion. It was almost kind of a foregone conclusion.

Now, courtesy of GameTrailers TV the full 14-minute demo is available to watch online. A few notes up front: the version of the demo we saw at E3 didn't feature Geoff Keighley popping in at various intervals to introduce segments, nor did Ken Levine appear to give any background on the things that were occurring in the demo. In those regards, you may actually be getting the better end of the stick, depending on your personal fondness for both Keighley and Levine's divine speaking voices.

Also, and this might just be the result of my own tattered memory, but I do seem to recall that the demo at E3 was just a tad longer. It feels like a few segments in this demo are pushed through a bit more quickly than in the demo I sat in on. I seem to recall a few sections where the developer playing through it lingered a bit more in certain areas, especially where dialogue was more heavily featured. Or perhaps that's just my mind playing a few tricks on me. I'm perfectly willing to accept either answer.

Regardless, this version of the demo is no less impressive than what we saw at the show, and it's pretty awesome that everyone now has the chance to see what got the typically jaded journalistic lot to ooh and ah with such unguarded excitement. I actually envy you, seeing it for the first time. It's still good the second, third, and even fourth time around, but that first viewing... it's pretty special. Enjoy.

Staff
#2 Edited by DomoDrummer (2 posts) -

yes! Finally been wanting to see this for ages!

#3 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3321 posts) -

Yeah saw it an hour ago. I can see why it's the game of E3 2011.

#4 Posted by ofcbilly77 (58 posts) -

meh... it only looks frickin' amazing!!

#5 Posted by MeatSim (10594 posts) -

So they made a giant amusement park in the sky.

#6 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I liked how they kept saying it was going to be uninterrupted in the ads and the beginning of the show and 4 minutes in they go to a commercial break on TV.

#7 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

can't get away from the wobblebass.

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

...Take my money Ken Levine...Again.

#9 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

How the fuck...

#10 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1522 posts) -

Bwow wow wowowowowowow bwowwwwww.

#11 Posted by SlashDance (1757 posts) -

I don't know, those skylines are kinda silly...

It's hard to define silliness in a world where you can shoot crows out of your hands after drinking a potion, but it still sticks out to me as very unnecessary.

#12 Posted by Chris2KLee (2308 posts) -

Only reinforces my need for this game. Also, they used "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". So I'm pleased.

#13 Posted by MistaSparkle (2146 posts) -

How about some bass for your face? 

Also, this looks great! Ima finish Bioshock 1 eventually...

#14 Posted by rlschaefe87@gmail.com (7 posts) -

Is there any way we can watch just the demo? I kinda don't want to sit through a TV show full of ads. 

Yes, I'm being an elitist asshole.

#15 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

Im speechless.

#16 Posted by hsvlad (142 posts) -

Did anyone see the enormous immigration debate that started on Kotaku post about this video, it was kind of insane

#17 Posted by Lenny (80 posts) -

Woah, looks ridiculously good!

#18 Posted by MEATBALL (2783 posts) -

Nope, not watching it, stop tempting me, damn you!

#19 Posted by lesenfantterrible (50 posts) -

I just clicked play and I Jizzed In My Pants...

#20 Posted by breaking3po (152 posts) -

Was expecting a quick look-esqe thing based on the article title. 

#21 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Gorgeous...just gorgeous.

#22 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@SlashDance: Eh I thought that too until I realized that they got 2 ton buildings to FLOAT on the friggin sky, and with electricity! After I realized that then I knew nothing in that game could be even remotely realistic.
#23 Posted by emem (1954 posts) -

Nope, pass on the video.. no more spoilers, thank you very much. :)

#24 Edited by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@hsvlad: Let's not give people ideas eh.
#25 Posted by inevitabledoubt (9 posts) -

It's rare to be truly exhilarated by watching someone else play a game, but damn, that looks ridiculous wonderful.

#26 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

I preordered so hard I ended up preordering a second copy

#27 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

that was easily best game of E3 and maybe game of the year (2012 of course)  
#28 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

I watched a minute of the demo and then turned it off. I'm going into this game clean.

And so begins my media blackout of this game. Add it to the list along with Skyrim, Arkham City, Uncharted, and AC: Revelations.

Can't wait until release.

#29 Posted by SomeJerk (2966 posts) -

I liked the original liz design :<

#30 Posted by rmanthorp (3692 posts) -

GODDAMNITYES!

#31 Posted by SpacePenguin (472 posts) -

That was incredible....

#32 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Holy crap.... wow.....

#33 Posted by Funger (34 posts) -

Who are the voice actors? 

#34 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

Looks amazing. 

#35 Posted by SoDevine (5 posts) -

Did anyone else see that Booker dropped the shotgun to pickup the RPG and then dropped the pistol for the machine gun? Looks like we can only carry 2 weapons at a time now... I also only see 2 icons for the Vigor.

#36 Posted by pandemic (108 posts) -

Thanks for posting this man, been dying to see it.

#37 Posted by Nogert (132 posts) -

Everything about that video felt pre-planned, specifically the second segment. There is no way that gamers would instinctively do some of the things so perfectly like the player in this video.

#38 Posted by Jocund (124 posts) -

Phenomenal!

#39 Posted by sionweeks (625 posts) -

I had feelings that this game is going to be incredible after seeing the first screenshot, but after seeing this...

#40 Posted by Yodasdarkside (268 posts) -

Nice!

#41 Posted by fetchfox (1158 posts) -

I really need to get into the Bioshock franchise...

#42 Posted by Tebbit (4435 posts) -

My jaw dropped to the floor, I could actually feel it.

#43 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -
@Funger: Booker is voiced by Troy Baker. The voice of Kanji (Persona 4), Vincent (Catherine), Alec Mason (Red Faction: Guerilla), Two-Face (Arkham City) and many other game and anime characters.

Not sure about Elizabeth though.
#44 Posted by _Phara0h_ (888 posts) -

I know this is a first day buy for me so I'm going to refrain myself from watching this....

#45 Posted by Ryoman (8 posts) -

Take all my damn money. Looks so freaking incredible. 

#46 Posted by ghostchant (120 posts) -

oh shit, I need this now

#47 Posted by sirdesmond (1223 posts) -

Wow.

That is all.

#48 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -

The music WHA WHA WHA WHARR XD

Sorry Ken can we speak outside of the club please.

#49 Posted by bkbroiler (1585 posts) -

I look forward to the GB Quick Look playing exactly as smoothly as that.

#50 Posted by Duffman (208 posts) -

Hah, jokes on you, I'm not even in the working class.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.