Patch 1.02 (Spoilers)

#1 Edited by jasonefmonk (346 posts) -

Just installed 1.02 on my PS3. Can't find much for patch notes, haven't noticed anything yet. Continuing my 1999 run (damn Lady Comstock).

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@jasonefmonk said:

Just installed 1.02 on my PS3. Can't find much for patch notes, haven't noticed anything yet. Continuing my 1999 run (damn Lady Comstock).

Spoilers for people who arnt done with it. Also would you like advice for her battle?

Also steam says

Fix for occasional crash occurring during startup of the game during opening movies.

Fix for some audio being permanently disabled if a checkpoint is restored while the screen is still faded to black prior to the player’s first encounter with Daisy Fitzroy.

Fix for user inventory issue in the Town Center fair.

#3 Edited by jasonefmonk (346 posts) -
#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: If you have any I'd love them.

In the back there is a tear with medkits. If you hide behind the coffin the dudes do not run up on you. Makes it easier to wait it out for Liz to toss you salts. There is also a medkit spawn under the stairs near the entrance.

#5 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

Fix for user inventory issue in the Town Center fair.

Good. I wonder if that fixes the stupid vigor machine stealing your money if you try to buy the Bronco unlock?

#6 Edited by myketuna (1756 posts) -

Just wanted to add some more advice straight from Shawn Elliott (of GFW Radio fame), one of the level designers on Infinite:

Wanna beast a certain ghostly fight on any difficulty? Electric Punch, Blood to Salts, Vampires Embrace, Last Man Standing and use Charge

I should add that I haven't tried his advice as it came after I already went through that section. Seems like it would work though. And I would think he'd know what he's talking about.

#7 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4893 posts) -

@myketuna said:

Just wanted to add some more advice straight from Shawn Elliott (of GFW Radio fame), one of the level designers on Infinite:

Wanna beast a certain ghostly fight on any difficulty? Electric Punch, Blood to Salts, Vampires Embrace, Last Man Standing and use Charge

I should add that I haven't tried his advice as it came after I already went through that section. Seems like it would work though. And I would think he'd know what he's talking about.

he's right. Fully upgraded charge plus that gear loadout turns everything (including handymen) into a fucking joke.

#8 Edited by Humanity (10115 posts) -

On PC I still get this thing where the game suddenly begins to crawl at literally 3 FPS for a couple of minutes then goes back to normal. Happens semi frequently and at random it seems - maybe it has something to do with Steam connecting to the cloud or something like that? Seems to only happen when I take screenshots. Not a huge deal although sometimes troubling when you haven't hit a checkpoint in a while because the only other way to solve it is to quit out to desktop and run the game again.

#9 Posted by Winternet (8055 posts) -

Does it make the game not about pseudo-scientific BS?

#10 Edited by Humanity (10115 posts) -

First you'd have to apply the patch that makes you not a pseudo-passive-aggressive jerk.

#11 Edited by Winternet (8055 posts) -

@humanity said:

@winternet said:

First you'd have to apply the patch that makes you not a pseudo-passive-aggressive jerk.

Oh no, that patch is dreadful.

Just so you know. (wow!)

#12 Edited by Roland_D11 (195 posts) -

@winternet: It doesn't need to, because it isn't about that :).

#13 Posted by Winternet (8055 posts) -
#14 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

I need a patch that makes the final blimp battle beatable on 1999 mode.

@myketuna said:

he's right. Fully upgraded charge plus that gear loadout turns everything (including handymen) into a fucking joke.

Might load an earlier save and spec this way to see if it gives me an edge.

#15 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4893 posts) -

@walkertr77: It will. A fully upgraded Charge attack instantly restores shields which means it never goes down and you never take damage (unless you run out of salts). When specing make sure to dump all infusions into Salts and whatever is left over into Health. Makes Blood to Salts less suicidal.

I finished 1999 Mode with relatively no trouble once I got my hands on the fully upgraded Charge attack (and the melee focused gear helped). It's actually hilarious how easy the game becomes. There's a piece of Gear that actually restores Salts upon every kill. I forget the exact name, but Super Charge + salts upon death meant I had an infinite supply of Super Charge and my shields never went down. I barely used Songbird.

#16 Edited by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

@oldirtybearon: Yup, I think I have most of the gear needed for this plan and fully upgraded shields+health. My big issue is that I was saving a huge war chest of CA$H for the zeppelin fight assuming that death would be the bottleneck. How wrong I was. The tactic of hiding out and carefully picking through enemies doesn't cut it when you have to defend the ship which gets trashed in minutes if you aren't careful.

Basically I need to load a save before the fight so I can put that six grand to use with vigor and weapon upgrades. I basically bought no upgrades thinking I would need the money to revive which after the first few hours was not the case at all.

BIOSHOCK INFINITE I WILL FINISH YOU

#17 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4893 posts) -

@walkertr77: Dump that cheddar into Charge and use what's left for shotguns. With the charge attack you will -always- be at close range so if the Super Charge doesn't murder them in one hit (most mooks it does), then just do a quick shot with that and all mooks = decimated. The robo-Washingtons are a bit more problematic but just charge them from behind and they'll die before they can turn around to attack you.

Also don't forget you can board the Zeppelins and take them out yourself. On 1999 Mode I'd recommend doing that and having Songbird charge the deck of the Hand. He really fucks things up.

#18 Posted by Yodasdarkside (302 posts) -

This thread makes me feel that a 1999 run is within my capabilities, even though I feel I sucked at the game on normal. I seemed to die an awful lot.

#19 Posted by EXTomar (4951 posts) -

The fact that a limited combination of gear and skills can beat the ghost does not make up for the wonkiess of the fight. That said I am glad for the fixes.

#20 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@walkertr77: Yeah, having more than a couple hundred in cash is probably unnecessary for most people. Using money for upgrades will help prevent those deaths from happening anyway. The bottlenecks for me in those tough fights that weren't just shooting rooms full of dudes was more about strategy than surviving. I had many game overs in that last encounter on 1999 mode while figuring out how to win. But, when I did find a good strategy I didn't die once and finished with about 2/3 of that meter left.

#21 Edited by jasonefmonk (346 posts) -

Sitting with the last fight left between me and the Platinum. I did the Charge routine for Lady Comstock. It's so stupid how you can kill her in less than a minute with that, but it's almost impossible any other way I tried. I had to backtrack and run all over Colombia to make up the $1100 difference I needed to purchase both Charge upgrades.

I had such an easier time on my first playthrough on Hard. I got the gear the buffs your Shield regeneration, without it I feel crippled.

Edit: Just finished it! @oldirtybearon has the right tip. You can hop on most Zeppelins and destroy them by hand, saving Song Bird for the Patriots.

EditEdit: Song Birds death is so sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.