I was going to make a huge salty thread on glaring plotholes, but then I thought "Actually, there's no way the devs didn't think about these. They're probably hard at work making DLC to fill those in." So instead I'd like to make a huge sweet thread on things we'd like to see addressed in a DLC supplement or something. With a $20 season pass, surely we're getting something besides gear and weapon skins, right? This turns my glaring plothole-induced rage into lighthearted hope for the future! So, here're some things I hope they address somewhere down the line. I'd love to hear some other ideas!
1. With Booker constantly caught in the loop caused by the Lucetes, one of them has to escape it somehow and then become Comstock. How does he do that? Do the Lucetes bring him out and thus undo Elizabeth's murder-suicide plot?
2. That thread title isn't a typo! I want to know more about Constance, the little girl from some of the voxophone recordings. I have a theory that she has the ability to alter time and space similar to Elizabeth. She might actually be another Elizabeth. She mentions she wants to meet Liz because she believe they have something special in common with eachother. Later in the game, she says "I'm sorry about your mom being dead. I believe she's very much better than my own." or something to that affect. She then indicates that she knows more about Elizabeth's tower than pretty much anyone else.
3. Elizabeth says she inherited her power from Lady Comstock, who remains unnamed throughout the game. At first I thought she was just another Elizabeth, which might still be the case, but I think it's more likely that she's Booker's wife who died in his timeline shortly after Elizabeth was born. I'm guessing Comstock found a timeline where she wasn't dead and took her out of it, but she was sterile, possibly from the jump. In any case, she's a time-traveling space ghost, and that'd probably make an interesting subplot.
4. Why exactly did the Lucetes want to rescue Elizabeth from Comstock in the first place? I remember a voxophone hinting that the male Lucete didn't want to and tried to blackmail the female Lucete into canceling the plan, but why did the female Lucete want to do it? It didn't seem like revenge for Comstock trying to murder them, and it didn't seem like the Lucetes cared if one version of New York was destroyed. Why do beings who've essentially achieved omniscience and exist in all time and space simultaneously care about these handful of timelines?
5. Is the Songbird an alternate universe version of Booker who was captured and turned into an automaton? On the instruction card, it shows an image of Comstock's brain as a machine, so I thought that was pretty obvious. That'd be a pretty interesting scenario.
6. This is my personal best theory as to what first DLC campaign will center around. Booker clearly thought that by killing Comstock, he would give Elizabeth a better life... yet he essentially killed her reeeeally hard. I imagine a multi-dimensional obliteration is about as dead as you can possibly be, and he clearly didn't expect that to happen (probably because he's a moron). I'm predicting that whatever DLC comes out is going to feature Lucetes bringing him out of a loop and trying to save Elizabeth.
7. Honorable Mentions: something something Bioshock, something something Andrew Ryan. I'm hoping there isn't anything related to the original Bioshock but if fans request it, it'll probably happen...
8. Honorable Mentions: Some kind of DLC campaign or mini-game that somehow involves Elizabeth throwing coins at us constantly. Sometimes through walls.