Request for Spoilercast.

• 60 results
#1 Posted by BeachThunder (12391 posts) -

The Virtue's Last Reward spoilercast was great, hopefully we can get one for this too. BioShock Infinite seems like a perfect candidate for a spoilercast and would certainly be relevant to a much larger group of people.

#2 Edited by Milkman (17308 posts) -

If they all finish it within a reasonable timeframe, definitely, that would be awesome.

#3 Posted by cbk486 (187 posts) -

I'm all for one. There don't seem to be any big releases in the near future, so it seems like they'd have the time for one.

#4 Edited by Daveyo520 (6993 posts) -

I would indeed like to hear what the guys have to say about the game.

#5 Posted by LackingSaint (1853 posts) -

Oh god yes, i'd love to hear that.

#6 Posted by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

Signed !

#7 Posted by ripelivejam (4826 posts) -

i have a feeling patrick will go apeshit over this game. i'd love to hear his reactions.

#8 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1480 posts) -

Riot Bombcrew PLS!

#9 Posted by Forderz (245 posts) -

i'd love to hear 5 dudes wax poetic about Bioshock

#10 Edited by golguin (4040 posts) -

I would like that yes.

#11 Posted by Bocam (3819 posts) -

There won't be one but I'd like there to be one

#12 Edited by PacManFevaa (132 posts) -

I agree. Lets make this happen.

#13 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Sure?

Only problem is outside a couple of extremely minor choices the experience is identical for anyone that plays it, and I dont know if they'd want to just discuss the themes and concepts of the game because they're all a bit too heady divorced from actual player action.

I do want to hear more detailed opinions on it though because I imagine at least one of the crew isn't going to love it.

#14 Posted by Hector (3378 posts) -

Agreed. This game opens up the universe of Bioshock in an immense scale. Deserves discussion.

#15 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I'd love one, but it most likely won't happen.

#16 Posted by RCola (20 posts) -

This would be awesome

#17 Posted by realph (263 posts) -

Co-signed! I'd like to hope they will all finish it by the end of this week. PAX and GDC seem to have got the better of them.

#18 Posted by kortex (435 posts) -

sign me up

#19 Edited by Redbullet685 (6083 posts) -

I too hope there is one.

Even if we don't get a spoilercast, though, I bet Adam Sessler and Rev3Games will have a "Spoiled Games" video with Infinite like they did with DMC. The DMC one featured our very own Brad Shoemaker, so maybe we'll get a lil' Jeff action if they do decide to make one for Infinite.

Video for reference:

#20 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5977 posts) -

Hell yeah!!!! If there's any game that came out recently that need a spoilercast, this is it. I really hope there's a lot more talk about the game from the crew.

#21 Edited by BeachThunder (12391 posts) -

@redbullet685: I just noticed that there's a spoiler video from GameSpot (but still, GameSpot isn't Giant Bomb):

#22 Posted by Fredddi43 (357 posts) -

I'd be in, for sure.

#23 Posted by KatyGaGa (319 posts) -

yeah, they need to do one. I know GB thinks it isn't cool or hip to talk about games when they are popular but they need to do this, as a paying customer I demand this. I demand this with fury in my eyes and courage in my bones.

#24 Posted by Thrillhouse87 (246 posts) -

that would be great.

#25 Edited by CitizenCoffeeCake (643 posts) -

I was coming here to request just such a thing. It'll take a bit for enough of the crew to finish it unless Jeff just does one by himself, which I would also be okay with.

#26 Edited by apoloimagod (117 posts) -

Please, make this happen!

#27 Edited by Pie (7110 posts) -

I would really like to hear what they think about the story without having to wait till GOTY time.

#28 Posted by expensiveham (295 posts) -

Would be nice. But as far as i know only Jeff has finished it and Ryan is currently playing it.

#29 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

If they could get Ken Levine for it that would be rad but I dont think the crew have anything to add that I haven't already heard yet

#30 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

Didn't Jeff recently say Ken Levine was going to be in there again soon?

Regardless, I want this.

#31 Posted by Scigrex14 (83 posts) -

I am really interested in hearing this. My guess based on how much Jeff liked it it will be a GOTY contender and thus they will discuss it on their end of the year podcast. At that point they always spoil games, so either way we will hear them talk about it in detail, we may just have to wait a while.

#32 Posted by doctorwhofreak (8 posts) -

I wish they would do but, but it will probably just be talked about in the game of the year podcasts. The only reason the VLR and 999 ones happened was because Patrick was the only one who played them, and he finished them both after the goty podcasts for the years they came out.

#33 Posted by Humanity (10039 posts) -

I wonder how many of them played it. Jeff and Ryan have for sure. Patrick might be too engrossed in some iOS or browser game and Brad might be reviewing something - Vinny is obviously still playing Sleeping Dogs.

#34 Posted by Jackel2072 (2279 posts) -

Yeah I love a spoilercast we have not had one of them in years. I think MGS4 was the last one?

#35 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

Yeah I love a spoilercast we have not had one of them in years. I think MGS4 was the last one?

If it was the last one, it was the only one.

@coakroach:

MGS4 was even more linear, but the spoilercast for that is still pretty great (and really funny to hear that w/r/t their recently stated opinion on the game).

#36 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

Pop my spoilercast cherry with Bioshock Infinite Jeff and frenz! Please, take it from me!

#37 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Ryan, just now on twitter:

if I'm going to try and rope in any IG staffer for a BioShock Infinite spoilercast, it's @RFSLjoe, obvs

Sounds like getting one is a possibility.

#38 Posted by DonutFever (3536 posts) -

I hope they do one.

#39 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

I approve of this proposal. Would love to hear the guys' take on the story and end game stuff.

Also, I want a Songbird plushie.

#40 Edited by Snail (8659 posts) -
@daneian said:

Regardless, I want this.

Yeah they mentioned that they might have Ken Levine in for an interview again, I wanna say it was... this week? I think it was either Patrick or Jeff who said it, and it was probably during one of the GDC shows.

#41 Edited by Pie (7110 posts) -

Man they did one for MW2 how dumb was that. @jackel2072 @crosstheatlantic

@snail said:
@daneian said:

Regardless, I want this.

Yeah they mentioned that they might have Ken Levine in for an interview again, I wanna say it was... this week? I think it was either Patrick or Jeff who said it, and it was probably during one of the GDC shows.

I thought they said they might get Ken Levine to come and play one of his games and talk about it. Maybe I'm imagining it

#42 Posted by ripelivejam (4826 posts) -

jeff said it on last podcast i believe. i'd love to see a spoiler-heavy post-mortem with him, maybe get an idea of if he intended what he intended with the very last scene after credits (does seem pretty unambiguous to me).

#43 Posted by RadixNegative2 (526 posts) -

I would love a spoilercast for Infinite, and hope it's as good as the MGS4 one.

#44 Edited by LackingSaint (1853 posts) -

@pie said:

Man they did one for MW2 how dumb was that. @jackel2072 @crosstheatlantic

@snail said:
@daneian said:

Regardless, I want this.

I thought they said they might get Ken Levine to come and play one of his games and talk about it. Maybe I'm imagining it

Holy shit, a Brad-Muir-styled trip through memory lane TNT but with Ken Levine would make my life complete/

#45 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

I hope they talk to Levine and that they talk about how different the game would have been had Irrational had more time and resources. While playing Infinite I keep seeing where the game's scope was reduced and how the story was rewritten to make up for lack of player choice that the game appeared to have before it went dark.

#46 Edited by Dahnosaur (19 posts) -

this needs to happen!

#48 Posted by bkbroiler (1641 posts) -

We really need one, there is so much to talk about with this game!

#49 Edited by Humanity (10039 posts) -

@humanity said:

I wonder how many of them played it. Jeff and Ryan have for sure. Patrick might be too engrossed in some iOS or browser game and Brad might be reviewing something - Vinny is obviously still playing Sleeping Dogs.

Good to know I was at least right about Patrick somewhat!

@bkbroiler: well I know how Ryan feels. The moment I beat it all I could think of was "I gotta talk to someone else who beat this game right now" and I continued thinking about it all throughout the weekend.

#50 Edited by LackingSaint (1853 posts) -

They just said they'll do one in the new I Love Mondays. Colour me excited!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.