Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Ryan Davis credited in Burial at Sea Ep.2

Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Scratch

So I just finished playing through the lengthy second episode of Burial at Sea. I noticed Ryan Davis was credited in the special thanks section, which is a cool surprise. Also in the same section a few names below him is Dave Lang, which is not much of a surprise, considering Iron Galaxy was involved in the PS3 port. You can see for yourself in the following video at 4:13.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

Excellent piece of DLC that apparently no one has played. Maybe because shortly after Infinite came out everyone decided it's a bullshit game all of a sudden for some weird reason.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@humanity: For me and I'm speaking personally its because I usually get finished with games before all the DLC comes out and usually have very little motivation go return to said game to play the DLC no matter how good it is.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity said:

Excellent piece of DLC that apparently no one has played. Maybe because shortly after Infinite came out everyone decided it's a bullshit game all of a sudden for some weird reason.

Maybe I should download it. Don't know if I want more of that gameplay though

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wish I could remember what old Bombcast Jeff and Ryan make fun of the Bioshock 2 Multiplayer announcer in. It's probably my favorite Bioshock-related thing I remember about Ryan.

I miss that guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

If it makes you feel better, I wasn't enjoying the game even as I was playing it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:

yep

wonder what was ryan's contribution?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@humanity said:

yep

Thinking about that too. He might have hooked Irrational up with Iron Galaxy for the port.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@mrfluke said:

@humanity said:

yep

Thinking about that too. He might have hooked Irrational up with Iron Galaxy for the port.

or it was just a shout out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@marokai said:

I wish I could remember what old Bombcast Jeff and Ryan make fun of the Bioshock 2 Multiplayer announcer in. It's probably my favorite Bioshock-related thing I remember about Ryan.

I miss that guy.

I don't even remember what the specific jokes were, I just remember they were loud and I laughed my ass off.

Oh wait I'm starting to remember. THE LITTLE SIz-TERRRRR! The Little Siz-terrr has been DRAWPPED!

THANKS RYAN DAVIS

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yep, noticed that the other day when I finished it. Great ending to a great DLC.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai said:

I miss that guy.

YOUR TEAM HAS CAPTURED THE LITTLE SISTER

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, I didn't even know part 2 came out

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@lukeweizer said:

@mrfluke said:

@humanity said:

yep

or it was just a shout out.

not to start any conspiracy or anything, but thats kind of out of nowhere for a shoutout,

i like the idea of him hooking up dave lang with irrational though, i believe Johnny V said something similar to how if ryan didnt hook him up with john drake, Fantasia would have never happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@marokai said:

I miss that guy.

Very specific memory of the Giant Bomb Travelouge to Liverpool, the one Vinny and Ryan produced when they visited Bizarre Creations for Blur.

Vinny'd bought this little earphone bag. The mouth of the earphone bag was magnetized and would kind of clap shut. Could pop open if he squeezed the edges of the bag-mouth with his index finger and thumb. Vinny dropped his voice a half-octave, almost game-showy, and ventriloquized with the bag, saying, "Grab the little sister!"

Still remember that so vividly. Probably unrelated.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Is there a YouTube clip of this BC conversation? I'm near the end of the 08 BCs so won't hit the 10 episodes anytime soon

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@euandewar said:

@marokai said:

I miss that guy.

Very specific memory of the Giant Bomb Travelouge to Liverpool, the one Vinny and Ryan produced when they visited Bizarre Creations for Blur.

Vinny'd bought this little earphone bag. The mouth of the earphone bag was magnetized and would kind of clap shut. Could pop open if he squeezed the edges of the bag-mouth with his index finger and thumb. Vinny dropped his voice a half-octave, almost game-showy, and ventriloquized with the bag, saying, "Grab the little sister!"

Still remember that so vividly. Probably unrelated.

Nah I remember that too. Great fuckin vid on the whole that. Was so cool to see Vinny and Ryan goofin around in my back yard.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Humanity

@random45 said:

@humanity said:

If it makes you feel better, I wasn't enjoying the game even as I was playing it.

Not sure how you not enjoying a game is supposed to make me feel better but hey thanks anyway, I guess?

@demoskinos Oh yah that I can totally understand. I was very close to not caring when Episode 1 came out and I was beyond caring when Episode 2 finally emerged. That said, after having to sorta push myself into finally trying it - gotta say it's really well done. As usual I wouldn't say the gameplay is your biggest draw here, but all the fanfare and sizable chunks of backstory here and there were really entertaining.

Also it's comical how despite all these call backs to both main-story Infinite and original Bioshock, they very much completely sidestep Bioshock 2 like it never happened.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@humanity said:

Nah, I liked Infinite. I even liked the first Burial at Sea episode. I just have no interest in what they set up with episode 2.

I'm the sucker, though, since I paid for the Season Pass on Infinite.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: IF you enjoy the story of these games and are at all invested in the universe - as in you enjoy Bioshock, Rapture and all that jazz - then you should really give it a go.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff said:

Is there a YouTube clip of this BC conversation? I'm near the end of the 08 BCs so won't hit the 10 episodes anytime soon

Couldn't find a clip of it anywhere, but apparently the little sister bit with Ryan and Jeff happens at around 13 minutes in during the 2-09-2010 Bombcast, for those interested.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai said:

@nightriff said:

Couldn't find a clip of it anywhere, but apparently the little sister bit with Ryan and Jeff happens at around 13 minutes in during the 2-09-2010 Bombcast, for those interested.

Thanks for the heads up, currently playing BioShock 2 (for the first time) so probably will just listen to the whole thing to hear what they say about the game. Thanks again.

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's amazing. He used to call me 'Little Sister" which kinda makes this really surreal as if things weren't surreal enough. That's really cool.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

:')

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@random45 said:

@humanity said:

Not sure how you not enjoying a game is supposed to make me feel better but hey thanks anyway, I guess?

Well, you sounded like you didn't like the sudden shift of people bashing on the game, whereas I wasn't someone who just suddenly started hating it - I disliked it from the start. So I'm legit and all that jazz, I ain't one of that bandwagon people.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

wow! I missed it, those credits were WICKED LONG, I had to stop, take a pee break and it was still going. But good to know Ryan Davis touched more then us super dorky types.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@humanity said:

The internet can definitely leave you feeling that way for sure, but rest assured there are still plenty of us out there who thought Bioshock Infinite was a pretty excellent game. Burial at Sea Episode 2 is probably the greatest piece of DLC I've ever played, personally, hell of a way to send off Irrational Games/Bioshock. It's a little depressing that it's the last we'll see of Irrational, at least Ken Levine will still likely deliver a cool story elsewhere, but I'm guessing it'll be void of any legitimate gameplay because it seems like as soon as a game has a decent story, the press don't want to actually have to play a game to experience it.

I didn't notice Ryan in the credits, that's nice to see. I did notice Dave Lang's name, though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball: In the other thread I pretty much had the same thought - probably the best produced DLC I've ever seen and an amazing send-off for both Bioshock and Irrational.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the whole game and the DLCs are a wonderful story book, that i thoroughly enjoyed. and it was crazy how every thing is connected.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, I didn't even know part 2 came out

Same here 'till some days ago, happened with the first part as well...and I even bought the season pass. Guess I might finally play it tonight.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#32 gamer_152  Moderator

Wow, that's cool to see. It would be interesting to find out exactly why he was credited but that may be something we never know.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Maybe I should download it. Don't know if I want more of that gameplay though

Gameplays different, you have less ammo and it's more stealthy, so it's refreshing and better for those that didn't like the over emphasis on combat in Infinite; that being said, the enemy A.I. are extremely dumb making sneaking feel unrealistic, since as long as the meters over their heads don't fill, you can run right in front of them and knock them out.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RuthLoose
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SSully

@humanity said:

I haven't touched it because:

• It came out much later after the original game
    • I have uninstalled the infinite already, and kind of dread redownloading it
    • So many other games to play

I would like to play it eventually because I really did enjoy Infinite

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Humanity

@ssully: DLC coming very later after the initial game is a real problem. There is always a lot of complaining about day one DLC but that is actually way better than how Bioshock or Dishonored handled it. I'm not playing Dishonored every day, honing my skills to a fine point. So when that first DLC dropped very later after the games release, it was quite a challenge to get back into that fairly complex stealth mechanic driven game. Incidentally part 2 of that DLC took equally long to come out and I just never got it for much the same reasons you listed. Too late, downloading the game is a hassle and there were other things out at the time.

Maybe not day one, but if DLC for a game doesn't come out in at most the same month, then I think people will be less inclined to ever try it. So uhh if you're listening game dev's, yah, don't take forever. I know it's easier said than done.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By Vod_Crack

@random45 said:

@humanity said:

In this camp. Was struggling to see where the amazing game was, when it first came out.

It might have a great story and all that stuff, but as a first-person shooter, I feel it is subpar. I hate bullet sponge enemies, can never figure out why developers think that's fun. It just makes your gunplay feel weak. Wasn't a fan of now only being able to carry 2 weapons, which meant I just used the Sniper Rifle and the RPG for most it, which were the two best weapons for me. I would have liked to have used more weapons but I wouldn't want to sacrifice either of the more rare weapons in the game. But yet, you can now switch between all of your Vigors at any point! Fuck sake lads. Environmentally speaking, Columbia lacked something that the previous Shock games had. I like the creepy atmosphere that the older games had and I also thought the level design was miles better. Columbia just felt like a lot of linear corridors.

Sorry for rambling on but I hate this notion that, "BioShock suddenly got hate for... I don't know." The people that don't like it never liked it and the folks that don't like it have very valid reasons for not liking it. As for BioShock Infinite, I wouldn't say I hated it or anything but it's massively overrated.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By cornbredx

Actually Burial at Sea Part 2 had the unfortunate coincidence of coming out the same day that the internet was in an uproar about Oculus being bought out by Facebook and so it's release ended up being completely overshadowed by that. I believe that and the fact that people felt disappointed by part 1 led to mostly no one caring about part 2.

Speaking of which I still need to play part 2- it's waiting for me on steam.

Edit: As to the point of this thread, though, ya that's really cool of them. Super cool the impact Ryan had on the industry and the waves after his passing however way that was (could be they were just fans or maybe he did something more we don't know about).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vod_crack: Thats fine. IF you never really enjoyed it then thats your personal opinion and you're entitled to it. But the game did have an undeniable backlash after an initial positive reaction. Personally I didn't enjoy the gameplay much either, but then again I didn't enjoy the gameplay in the first or second game. What I did enjoy was the story that got an emotional reaction out of me towards the end. Both Infinite and Last of Us came out near one another, and they were both games with emotionally driven stories that weren't without their share of problems in terms of gameplay. It's just for some reason Infinite gets called out on it a lot more than The Last of Us. I didn't particularly enjoy playing either of those games nearly as much as I enjoyed their narrative - different strokes for different folks though as plenty of people claim they loved one or the other particularly for their gameplay. I've even seen some crazies claiming you're not supposed to enjoy the gameplay in Last of Us as thats the whole point of getting the hardship across etc, so hey go figure.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@humanity: Yep, it's a weird world we live in!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

My excuse for not playing it is simple: I'm waiting until the Summer Sale.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it this morning. Highly enjoyed it.

Also good stuff to them for shouting out Ryan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.