Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Should I just watch the spoilercast?

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

So I'm not a fan of FPS's, AT ALL and I'm not having any fun playing this game aside from wandering around some of the more well designed areas and "oohing and ahhing" over the atmosphere. The only reason I picked this game up was for the story, but I'm not sure I can play through to the end. I just got to Fink Proper, and I'm about ready to call it quits. But I am still interested in know how the story ends, so I was thinking about just watching the spoilercast. Plus I've got some articles and podcasts tagged to look at/listen after I know the ending.

Should I tough it out and see it through to the end, or will I be able to get a good sense of how the story shapes out by watching the spoilercast? Thanks for any suggestions.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No. It'd be like reading the plot of a movie on wikipedia, you're technically getting the story but losing any impact it would have experiencing it firsthand. Plus, on the spoilercast they talk over most of the gameplay.

I'd either try watching a playthrough on youtube or just decide it's not for you and move on.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By szlifier

I don't think the spoilercast would help. Without knowing the story it won't even be interesting to you. They are discussing only specific moments and elements.

This story is too good to just give up on the game. Play it on easy.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

You'll obviously have a better perspective on everything they discuss if you see it all for yourself first. But hey, if you're not having fun, then do what you have to do.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you dont wanna slog through the combat, Id suggest finding a playthrough on youtube and skipping the combat parts, should save you alot of time. Since like other said there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to it than to just watch the end.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Dunno, are you playing on easy? The spoilercast will probably just confuse you, in all honesty, because of the format they chose. If you aren't playing it on easy, you should try that first.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Someone cut all of bioshock infinite into a three hour movie if you want to just watch the significant details of the rest of the game. But I would highly, highly recommend you experience the rest of it yourself

Loading Video...

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I don't think reading or watching it on the internet would have the same impact on you as actually going for the journey.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: As I said, I only came to Bioshock Infinite for the story. I played the first two on the same pretense as well.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could get it for cheap (used or rent), set it on easy, and just wing it. Having someone explain an experience always seems lesser than just experiencing it for yourself.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You really should play it to the end. It's great. If you don't like the the shooting aspect then set it to easy and smack enemies around with the skyhook!

daedelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By daedelus

I really hate people complaining about spoilers and even more listening to podcasts where they bend over backwards doing spoiler warnings. So I went to listen to the Bioshock infinite spoiler cast and it wasn't interesting because you have no idea what they are talking about half the time without having played the game.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should also mention that I'm not having any problems with difficulty, so all these suggestions to play on easy aren't of much use. I'm just not having a good time playing it...I'm BORED; and I feel like my time would be better spent doing something I actually enjoy rather then slogging through the rest of the game in pursuit of experiencing a story that will hopefully pay off in the end.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@poisonjam7: Why would you buy a FPS if you hate FPS?

Why would you ask a question that is answered in the original post?

I would say play it on easy or something. Maybe you can look up a god mode cheat or something, and wiz through the gameplay.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By probablytuna

I should also mention that I'm not having any problems with difficulty, so all these suggestions to play on easy aren't of much use. I'm just not having a good time playing it...I'm BORED; and I feel like my time would be better spent doing something I actually enjoy rather then slogging through the rest of the game in pursuit of experiencing a story that will hopefully pay off in the end.

Then I guess you should watch someone else play it, or just watch that movie that was posted above. Just consuming the spoilercasts will do nothing but confuse you because it would not make much sense without context.

yeahno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yeahno

If you're bored, play it on hard.

bucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There's nothing wrong in not finishing a game. If by the point you are in the game, the story, the setting, the characters and the themes aren't enough to make you want to keep playing (and since the gameplay clearly is not doing it for you as well), then you should stop and move on to another game.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kkotd

@poisonjam7 said:

People have given you suggestions. What do you want us to say? Stop playing? Sounds like you have your mind pretty made up at this point. I mean if I were to say Heads... or Tails... Play... or Stopped... Dead... or Alive, perhaps you will find that you've already played the game, by the time you figure out the story. But seriously, if you're bored, then rack it up to Hard, if you want the story, shift it into Easy so the combat goes faster, if you're done slogging through the game, then look it up on Youtube and if you really think a bunch of guys talking about very very specific parts of the ending, parts that won't make a lick of sense to you, while Vinny finishes the game, will help you along, then go for it. Or just stop. But this is a choice you're going to have to make on your own and no amount of our opinions or suggestions are going to make your decision any easier or harder, more right or terribly wrong. It's all a matter of perspective.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.