Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

So did anyone else call it? unmarked SPOILERS

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CoverlessTech

Drew mentioned calling Anna/Elizabeth in the spoiler stream. Did anyone else call it or Booker/Comstock? I had my suspicions during the weapon smith parts that Booker was Comstock when they started jumping to different universes, using references in the Hall of Hero's. I was pretty certain as soon as you kill Comstock and get the noise bleed. Overall a little disappointed that I called the actual "big reveal".

Anna/Elizabeth did catch me off guard though.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ramone

Booker/Comstock clicked when Comstock started telling Booker to tell Elizabeth about her finger.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I never really "called" something, but I did think about Elizabeth possibly being Booker's daughter, without even linking it to Anna. Booker/Comstock I never really thought about, which is weird because thinking back, it's implied even more than Anna/Elizabeth.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had my suspicions that Elizabeth was Booker's daughter early on but I had assumed "Anna" was the name of her mother.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Totally called Elizabeth as Booker's daughter, if only because they telegraphed that one a wee bit too much. Didn't think she'd be Anna, though. (speaking of, I also figured his "AD" brand would be "Anna DeWitt", but I was at a complete loss as to why)

I had heard that Booker was Comstock via a dick on the internet, but I assumed it was a joke, since... y'know... without context, that's nonsense.

I also called Elizabeth as the villain... I was wrong, but I was convinced otherwise for most of the game. Every time she ran off, I thought "Awwwwww, here it goes!" :P

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By lord_canti

For the entire game I called Elizabeth Anna and I had know clue why every time I thought it I remembered she's called Elizabeth it was weird

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm not sure; I had that spoiled, but both serving in the 7th Cavalry and both being born in the same year did seem pretty conspicuous. For the most part I thought Anna was Elizabeth's name, but I did vacillate between thinking that and thinking that Anna was Booker's wife's name.

As soon as I heard the name Anna, I figured that AD = Anna DeWitt, before that I thought it stood for Alternate Dimension; as in, he was branded by the twins, so they would know which Booker he was...

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

Comstock being Booker was definitely something that I was tossing around inside my head as soon as they mention that another Booker lead the revolution. It still completely shocked me with how crazy it the whole ending ended up unfolding into.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By JasonR86

Someone probably did. I thought the twist was that Booker was an experiment for the Luteces and that Columbia, Elizabeth, the Vox, and everything else was a manifestation of Booker's personality. So in a way I had the right idea but I was stumbling down the wrong road.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By handlas

Elizabeth being Anna was easy to call. There is a bit of dialogue near the beginning of the game... kind of throw away dialogue you might not even hear. I'm playing for a second time and just got back to that part. Elizabeth asks if Booker has a family and he says something to the sort of he had a wife but she is dead. Then Elizabeth asks if he has any children and he says something like I had a child (implying he doesn't anymore). The dialogue occured when they are on the boardwalk waiting for the Lady Comstock airship.

Makes it kind of obvious really... I think the exact wording was even more telling than that. Booker being Comstock wasn't completely apparent to me even after beating it...had to think it through for a few minutes.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OurSin_360

When I found the log about comstocks rapid aging i pretty much figured it out, but wasn't 100%. Elizabeth being his daughter caught me by surprise, i thought it would be another version of him or comstock, not him exactly because he had different memories.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Dalai

I picked up the Elizabeth/Anna connection fairly early, but the Booker = Comstock thing was a bit of a surprise. To me, anyway.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JasonR86

I forgot but I also thought that the AD on Booker's hand referred to 'anno Domini' or the AD you see on a timeline denoting time after year 0 or Jesus' birth. I thought that that would tie into Booker being 'not of religion' of some sort which is what caused the Prophet to worry about him tainting his religion-iffying of Elizabeth. Again, that kind of happened but not really.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I called Comstock being Booker and Elizabeth being Bookers' daughter, but I had no theory to actually explain it, so I was still surprised when I got to the ending :p

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EXTomar

I had put it together that Booker was at least an alternate version of Comstock (or vice versa) after running into to the Luteces the third time where that encounter wasn't necessarily important but I just realized at that moment that they kept were acting like twins because they were two people from two worlds. That revelation made the idea of Comstock being Booker fall into place where he knew way to many details about Booker to be an accident even with the benefit of the tears to make predictions.

What I didn't realize until the very end was Anna. Unlike Drew I glossed over the the bit of dialog that indicated Booker even had a daughter. I had assumed "Anna" was Booker's wife and she died before giving birth to their world's Elizabeth. I should have put it all together after the events with Lady Comstock were resolved but I didn't consider that possibility at all until the finale.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Barrock

It only clicked to me when you speak to him before you drown him.

I didn't guess Elizabeth was also his daughter though.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew nothing going into the game and thought the twist would be Elizabeth betraying you. Glad to see that I was completely wrong.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Both went over my head mostly.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hunkulese

As soon as they first made it clear that tears could be used for time travel I thought Booker was probably Comstock but I thought it was too obvious and assumed it was the same thought Jeff said he had halfway through the game.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By handlas

2nd playthrough and I just beat Slate. That whole sequence with Slate talking to you makes a lot more sense. At one point when Slate's men attack you one of them yelled out "There's Comstock!" or something of that sort. So there was a dead give-away :P

Either I didn't hear it or blew it off the first playthrough.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I figured out Booker = Comstock/Elizabeth's father while cinching up her corset.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I kind of had the idea that Booker and Comstock were the same person on the backburner, but the more I played of it I figured it wasn't going to be that. I even tried listening to Comstock's voice to see if it was just Troy Baker making a voice, but Irrational was smarter than to make it that obvious! I was still suprised up until the very end as I had pretty much ruled it out of the possible endings. Still loved the hell out of the game and the story despite kind of guessing it part way through.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of think that people "calling" the plot, aside from just general paranoia, is kind of BS.

I mean, I get conversationally saying "I figured that was going to be the twist because it's bioshock and I knew there was going to be a twist and "the killer is you" is the most trite plot twist there is." But the people saying they "figured out" the plot twists in the game seems false to me.

Booker and comstock aren't even the same age. Unless you find that audio log, if you guess Booker and Comstock are one, it is just guess. You couldn't possibly have figured it out.

teenmother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By teenmother

I kind of think that people "calling" the plot, aside from just general paranoia, is kind of BS.

I mean, I get conversationally saying "I figured that was going to be the twist because it's bioshock and I knew there was going to be a twist and "the killer is you" is the most trite plot twist there is." But the people saying they "figured out" the plot twists in the game seems false to me.

Booker and comstock aren't even the same age. Unless you find that audio log, if you guess Booker and Comstock are one, it is just guess. You couldn't possibly have figured it out.

Not when you're dealing with time and space! This shit has been done so many times before in anime that I saw a lot of it coming after the first tear. Actually, the biggest clue I had was my friend asking how old Elizabeth was, then going "Aw, she's 17? They ain't gettin' together."

Of course it wasn't word- for- word. I thought one of the branches would deal with the morality choices being shoved down my throat, like the good or bad ending from the first game. Booker would go back in time as an old man and do the lottery theory where HE creates Columbia for money and power, or stop it from ever being created in the first place and live in Paris with Anna.

But yeah, after the revelation that Booker's wife died during childbirth and his child was gone with no explanation, derpdederp. Oh, Lady Comstock's first name was never told and I'm at the mid- turning point (thought it would turn out that she was Anna)? The beginning of both Bioshocks had the almost- exact same opening? Wow the parallels going on using storytelling cliche's sure is strong, and now we're dealing with time and space with the promise of plot twists to come.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first experience of the game was watching someone play it on twitch. Given that level of detachment (and being half-asleep/actually asleep through much of it) the identity reveals played like natural resolutions of those threads of the plot rather than big twists. I wouldn't say that I'd "figured it out" but that those aspects seemed like the logical progression given the nature of the game, the expectation of Bioshockish twists, and the increasingly limited options at that point of the story. The specifics of the ending seemed like a bigger twist in the narrative.

That said, this is the sort of fiction that I grew up reading and watching so it didn't seem particularly mind-bending to me. By the same token, I found it really hard to get any enjoyment out of the Bioshock 2 expansion, Minerva's Den, while playing it recently - mostly because it just seemed like a very obvious, schlocky narrative from any number of old episodic sci-fi tv shows.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't call any of the character plotlines but I was suspicious of the lighthouse from the very start. I kinda thought it was a thematic similarity, a nod to the original game, or maybe a suggestion that Columbia lead to Rapture more explicitly.

I've been trying to pay a lot more attention to the start of films/games at the moment too, so I guessed that the people in the boat at the start were the twins, which made me think the lighthouse would definitely have a role to play later on.

To be honest though, I didn't expect that to be its role!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda had my suspicions about the dual identity when Comstock makes Elizabeth ask you about her finger. It was pretty late, but it was still before the reveal twist. I wasn't that impressed by the reveal because of this foreshadowing, but also because I was completely blown away by the Rapture moment some 20 minutes beforehand.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew mentioned calling Anna/Elizabeth in the spoiler stream. Did anyone else call it or Booker/Comstock? I had my suspicions during the weapon smith parts that Booker was Comstock when they started jumping to different universes, using references in the Hall of Hero's. I was pretty certain as soon as you kill Comstock and get the noise bleed. Overall a little disappointed that I called the actual "big reveal".

Anna/Elizabeth did catch me off guard though.

I saw it all the way from the beginning, though not for something that was a fact. Do you remember that movie box thing where you can see Lady Comstocks funeral? It says something like "Here lies Lady A. Comstock". The second I saw that "A", I was convinced that DeWitt was Comstock. Of course he was, but not for the reason I thought.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had figured out Elizabeth was your daughter, but for me it was finding out how the things played out in Bookers past rather than her being your daughter that I found much more interesting, if that makes sense.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The moment the game started I immediately realized Oh.. OBVIOUSLY Booker is Comstock and I'll travel to an alternate dimension so multiple versions of Elizabeth, my daughter obviously, can drown me.

In the opening sequence, it was so obvious!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.