Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Song Bird in *SPOILER*

frain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpmvkZ6TIMk

From the original Bioshock.

You can hear what I'm talking about fourteen seconds in.

Was this done on purpose? Are there any more things like this? Or did they just re-use the sound effect later in the development of infinite.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By JazGalaxy

I don't understand what this is supposed to be alluding to.

frain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sound effect in the background seems to be the exact same used for songbird's voice.

It's possible that the noise was his death throes.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

That is really weird

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Oh dude what the fuck that's mad

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was a reused sound. Like the Dollar bills having the same sounding voice as the vending machines of the first two games.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

For comparison

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pie

I think it was a reused sound. Like the Dollar bills having the same sounding voice as the vending machines of the first two games.

But surely one of the central characters in infinite wasn't mainly made from reused audio? They spent 5 years or whatever making infinite and developing the songbird and then just decided that they'd use some audio from their bioshock libraries for it? I don't know man

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

@pie said:

@the_laughing_man said:

But surely one of the central characters in infinite wasn't mainly made from reused audio? They spent 5 years or whatever making infinite and developing the songbird and then just decided that they'd use some audio from their bioshock libraries for it? I don't know man

So the theory's I have are

• Ken Levine is a Time Lord, and went back and changed the ending to Bioshock.
    • Ken Levine planed everything out from the beginning, and now you have to question everything about System Shock. Because Andrew Ryan might be SHODAN.
    • Ken Levine (personaly I might add, because he did everything single handedly for this game ), picked a noise at random, editing it to sound just like the noise playing in the other game.
    • While playing their earlier games while making the sequel to the game, you know because its hard to make a sequal for a game that you played 6 years ago, they heard a cool sound, and came up with a scenario to put him in rapture.

Personally, just because of the way Ken Levine is excited about everything, I am inclined to think the first one.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Hooooly shit...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagbiker said:

@pie said:

@the_laughing_man said:

• Ken Levine planed everything out from the beginning, and now you have to question everything about System Shock. Because Andrew Ryan might be SHODAN.
    • Ken Levine (personaly I might add, because he did everything single handedly for this game ), picked a noise at random, editing it to sound just like the noise playing in the other game.
    • While playing their earlier games while making the sequel to the game, you know because its hard to make a sequal for a game that you played 6 years ago, they heard a cool sound, and came up with a scenario to put him in rapture.

Personally, just because of the way Ken Levine is excited about everything, I am inclined to think the first one.

You're saying Infinite is actually about himself? I think you're onto something

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12  Edited By Humanity

@pie said:

@dagbiker said:

@pie said:

@the_laughing_man said:

Ken Levine is a giant bird?! Wait.. maybe I didn't read the imagery correctly..

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By captain_max707

I don't know what anything means anymore

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thrillhouse87

does anyone here know how frequent those sounds are? I mean, if that is played in the background through the whole game, its only some creepy sound effect that happens to sound similar, but if you only hear it once... Idk, I want it to be a crazy easter egg, but I have my doubts.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dollar Bill has the same voice actor as Circus of Value, but his lines are 1912 versions of the lines he had in Rapture ("Come back when ya got some money, buddy!" vs. "Return when you have some currency, friend!")

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As YouTube comments have theorised (and I tend to agree), this seems like a marketing thing. Why would IGN upload a random-ass gameplay clip of a 5-year-old game? And the audio isn't there in other videos of the same section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5fg8dxaS8

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As YouTube comments have theorised (and I tend to agree), this seems like a marketing thing. Why would IGN upload a random-ass gameplay clip of a 5-year-old game? And the audio isn't there in other videos of the same section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5fg8dxaS8

This.

Load up the game and see for yourself.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@psylah said:

@lackingsaint said:

This.

Load up the game and see for yourself.

So, it's fake then?

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I'm playing through bioshock 1 right now to find out if it's true.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That's too bad if it's a marketing thing.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#21  Edited By metalsnakezero

@pie said:

@dagbiker said:

@pie said:

@the_laughing_man said:

Ken Levine is Kanji!? It all making sense now.

Hexterian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cranked up the volume on that vid and I can clearly hear it around 0:28-0:32.

My friend did a runthrough and swore he could hear it as well. I'm gonna do a runthrough as well to double check, but so far it seems like a legit sound.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.