Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Story Theory

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm two hours in and I'm only posting this because I think I get a twist in the story so obviously *Spoilers*.

I think Booker is caught in some kind of time paradox. He meets a couple that asks him to flip a coin and it goes says heads which you then notice was done at least 200 times in a row. Plus when you meet them again they call themselves your friends after you try and shoot them. I don't know, just a guess.

Avatar image for kenlevineiscool
    KenLevineIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KenLevineIsCool

I finished it just now. You don't even know what surprises await you;) keep going, it's absolutely amazing story

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I finished the game two hours ago and no, nothing from what you said.

Just play the game and make your brain ready to get blown. Cheers ;)

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By realph

The op is definitely onto something though. I specifically remember when you pick a side of the coin (say heads for arguments sake), they mention something along the lines of:

See, I told you he wouldn't pick tails, he never does.

Does this have something to do with Booker repeating this rescue time and time again within an infinite loop? Is there a third timeline where he is unable to save Elizabeth if he doesn't partake in the drowning of himself at the baptism. Is Old Elizabeth standing above a burning New York the result of a third timeline, wherein Booker is stuck in an infinite loop, unable to rescue Elizabeth causing her to age and take Comstock's place?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.