Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

The decisions in the game [Spoiler-ish]

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Do the decisions you make over the course of the game have any kind of significant influence on the story?

i.e.: who you select at the raffle, whether you kill Slate or not, etc.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
    GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They have little effects like if you don't throw the ball at the couple, they give you gear later, but it doesn't affect the actual story.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By NoobSauceG7

The first combat scenario with Elizabeth if you choose demand tickets over pull out gun, the ticket guy will stab you and you will have a blue bandana tied over your hand. Nothing big, but I have been playing through a second time and have been choosing everything different from the first time.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It's a bummer that the decisions don't lead anywhere interesting.

In term of Slate, you just see him later on if you let him live, right? I assume there's nothing more beyond that?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

it actually makes a sort of meta sense once you see the ending.

GODDAMM that ending is GENIUS

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

No. They change some little shit: you get gear from the couple if you don't throw the ball at them, Elizabeth has a different choker for the rest of the game, you can meet Slate in a vegetable state if you leave him alive and you won't have a bandage on your hand for the rest of the game if you decide to pull on the clerk. It all serves to reinforce the ending - there are variations even on the same stories in the multiverse, but they are outweighed by the constants.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

In term of Slate, you just see him later on if you let him live, right? I assume there's nothing more beyond that?

Except that the coin flip, which isn't a decision is EVERYTHING. Consider that the decisions you are making (like the bird or cage) isn't for your benefit, but a check on reality that the Lutuces set up.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@beachthunder said:

Except that the coin flip, which isn't a decision is EVERYTHING. Consider that the decisions you are making (like the bird or cage) isn't for your benefit, but a check on reality that the Lutuces set up.

I played through the beginning twice in a row, and even though the coin always comes up heads, it seems to alternate whether Booker will guess "heads" or "tails". I am not sure if this is random or not.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

@ghostiet said:

It all serves to reinforce the ending - there are variations even on the same stories in the multiverse, but they are outweighed by the constants.

This pretty much sums up the significance of the "choices."

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@golguin said:

@beachthunder said:

I played through the beginning twice in a row, and even though the coin always comes up heads, it seems to alternate whether Booker will guess "heads" or "tails". I am not sure if this is random or not.

That's fascinating :o It seems to be a perfect representation of constants and variables. What you pick my vary, but it doesn't matter, since the coin will always end up heads.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ghostiet said:

It all serves to reinforce the ending - there are variations even on the same stories in the multiverse, but they are outweighed by the constants.

What he said. The significance of the choices is their insignificance.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

But at the same time that's the entire premise of the game, so...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.