Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

The season pass DLC has been announced!

• 81 results
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SomeDeliCook
    joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By joshwent

I kind of wish the core game could just stand on its own. The story's strength lies in its conclusion, so opening it up again with the same characters (especially out of their own original world) feels like it may sap some of the shock away from that beautiful ending. Have to play it to judge, though.

EDIT: So the trailer came out, and I guess it's an alternate Booker and Elizabeth who existed in Rapture? Could be cool, but doesn't that make it more like Bioshock DLC instead of Infinite DLC. I was really looking forward to exploring Columbia more...

Also, I actually liked the combat a lot, but I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of upset pre-order folks at getting some fat horde mode outta the gate.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Horde mode in a dedicated single-player game? Wow - way to mail it in...

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wraxend

I thought it was meant to be 3 story based piece's of DLC? Or am I remembering it wrong?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By emfromthesea

I was a little disappointed when I saw the dlc we were getting was essentially a horde mode. Then I saw this..

Loading Video...

Now that looks more interesting.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

And this is why you don't preorder a Season Pass before they announce the content.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@joshwent said:

I kind of wish the core game could just stand on its own. The story's strength lies in its conclusion, so opening it up again with the same characters (especially out of their own original world) feels like it may sap some of the shock away from that beautiful ending. Have to play it to judge, though.

Also, I actually liked the combat a lot, but I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of upset pre-order folks at getting some fat horde mode outta the gate.

Just look at the Bioshock 2 DLC, the protector trials and Minerva's den. Minerva's den is still talked about today for being one of the best DLC's in a game and it's for a game that a lot of people just brush under the carpet. The protector trials were definitely weaker in comparison, but at least both that and Clash in the Cloud give you concept art and videos.

Also, yeah, weird they are bringing back both the main characters considering the first game had a bit of closure yet was left open, but I can imagine the ending of the last DLC being something either incredible or incredibly dumb, like it turns out Booker is actually the father of Jack from Bioshock 1. That would be so dumb yet amazing

@sunbrozak said:

I was a little disappointed when I saw the dlc we were getting was essentially a horde mode. Then I saw this..

(video)

I didn't even watch the video, just read the basic description, and it sounds amazing.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Wait, so it's a single player survival mode...?

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By falconer

You know how a lot of TV shows have a noir episode? I hope this is like that. Different portrayals of the same characters in another setting with a one-off story for the most part.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OGinOR

D'oh! We need season pass price standardization! *laugh* My bad on the price..it was only $20, not $30 (was thinking about BL2 pricing...).

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@oginor: Season pass is 20 bucks dude. Burial at Sea will be 15 bucks per episode and Clash in the Cloud is 5 bucks.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Yep that looks pretty good. I do love Rapture. I'll buy them individually when they come out, there's bound to be some sort of discount at some point. I absolutely do not want anything to do with Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot - in the sky. No, I do not.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oginor: Man this sucks. I prefer the open sky vistas of Columbia to the confines of being under water in Rapture. Plus I really wanted to play as the Lutece's :( Having said that it will be nice to see what Rapture was like be for it all went to shit.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

And this is why you don't preorder a Season Pass before they announce the content.

Ain't that the truth.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Hopefully they keep all the combat in Clash in the Clouds and far far away from the two story driven dlc's.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same thing though. You have the more combat focused DLC expansion based on the thing players disliked the most and then another DLC with everything people liked. The views for this DLC will be the same, people are already making fun of the survival DLC and saying the story DLC looks interesting.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@wraxend said:

I thought it was meant to be 3 story based piece's of DLC? Or am I remembering it wrong?

This is the text for the season pass from Xbox.com

Continue the journey in the sky-city of Columbia, with new locations, new characters, and new weapons. Receive three add-ons for the price of two, plus an instant bonus. The instant bonus includes four pieces of exclusive gear, weapon upgrades and skins, and five Infusion bottles. All Season Pass content will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace by March 2014. The instant bonus can only be obtained by purchasing a Season Pass. If you own the Season Pass, to avoid being charged twice, you must access all content from within the in-game store and must not download this content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace. BioShock Infinite game required; sold separately.

It doesn't really say anything specific about what it entails, especially in regards to it being story dlc. All they have to do is throw in a new weapon or area for the horde mode and it's true to the claim. Although, if that is what they consider a quality add-on, then I feel sorry for the people who bought it up front

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sold on the Burial at Sea artwork at the end of the teaser.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Monkeyman04

I squealed when I was watching the trailer for the first time. I can't wait for it to come out.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

@xymox said:

The DLC that is available today, Clash in the Clouds, is the wave-based survival mode yes. The other two pieces of DLC are story based of an alternate Booker and Elizabeth set before the events of Bioshock in Rapture.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer said:

You know how a lot of TV shows have a noir episode? I hope this is like that. Different portrayals of the same characters in another setting with a one-off story for the most part.

I do love that stuff, but maybe I'll wait for this DLC instead...

No Caption Provided

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combat-focused DLC for a game in which the combat is the worst part of the whole experience? Glad I don't buy season passes. (Burial at Sea sounds interesting at least.)

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burial at Sea looks super cool, but I had quite enough of the combat half way through Infinite, so I'm good on Clash in the Clouds, thanks.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

@xymox said:

The DLC that is available today, Clash in the Clouds, is the wave-based survival mode yes. The other two pieces of DLC are story based of an alternate Booker and Elizabeth set before the events of Bioshock in Rapture.

Single player wave-based survival mode? That sounds like the dullest thing in the world.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Well, since I don't give two flips about that horde mode stuff, it doesn't really matter that I bought the season pass as I am not getting any discount for the content I actually want.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerned said:

Combat-focused DLC for a game in which the combat is the worst part of the whole experience? Glad I don't buy season passes. (Burial at Sea sounds interesting at least.)

I feel like I'm in a tiny minority, but - for the most part - I really enjoyed the combat (same with the other Shock games). Regardless, I just cannot bring myself to play any kind of wave-base survival; the very thought makes me want to rip my hair out. I may have joked about it in the past, but I never seriously thought they would actually release this kind of DLC =[

rittsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the wave based mode is only $5 so maybe one night when I'm bored I'll get that one. Sometimes I just want to shoot things and Bioshock's combat was different enough to make it challenging...

The Burial at Sea DLC looks rad though. That music is all I needed...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'll give the combat one a try but I'm not excited for it in the slightest. The Rapture stuff sounds super interesting though.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horde modes, especially single player horde modes, are not worth any money. Not even the money paid to developers to make the mode. Horde modes outside of the real Horde Mode can choke on Phil's dick.

Burial at Sea looks like it could be fantastic, however. Still not sure how anyone thought Clash in the Clouds was a good idea, but hey. Burial at Sea looks fantastic.

I have to keep telling myself that to justify the fact that I bought this already.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'll wait for a complete edition since my Xbox broke and that was the console I had it for since I got a review copy last minute.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to the horde mode... For me, the combat was only weak in the main game because I was forced to upgrade only a few weapons and vigors. Playing on hard, too, meant that I didn't really experiment with different vigors/environmental traps (pools of oil etc) because I spent most of the encounters ducking behind a pillar and popping out to fire a few rifle shots when my health was regenerated. I pretty much just used two powers all the way through. I think that with access to all of the vigors and weapons (I think they've said there will be?) the combat arenas could be very creative and fun. I realise I'm in the minority but I've been really hoping for some kind of arena combat mode for Infinite. I think there's more potential in it's systems than the campaign allowed for.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Also, yeah, weird they are bringing back both the main characters considering the first game had a bit of closure yet was left open, but I can imagine the ending of the last DLC being something either incredible or incredibly dumb, like it turns out Booker is actually the father of Jack from Bioshock 1. That would be so dumb yet amazing

We already know who Jack's father is, though... or did you miss that? @duskvamp and I just talked about Bioshock on Sunday, and apparently she didn't catch that either. I didn't make this up, right? He had an illegitimate child with a prostitute and that was Jack?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86 said:

@somedelicook said:

We already know who Jack's father is, though... or did you miss that? @duskvamp and I just talked about Bioshock on Sunday, and apparently she didn't catch that either. I didn't make this up, right? He had an illegitimate child with a prostitute and that was Jack?

Yep, you're right.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

@deranged said:

@xymox said:

Single player wave-based survival mode? That sounds like the dullest thing in the world.

It kinda does, yeah.

I'm interested in the story DLC set "before the events of Bioshock" though, and really hope they don't do something silly like say "youuuu are the cause everything went to shit!" ... Because that could be quite silly indeed...

The only problem I see with the story DLC is that I kind of found the NPCs in Infinite lifeless, scripted... basically they were backdrops / part of the scenery. And I would assume Rapture would be teeming with life prior to everything going to shit... So I don't know how well they'll handle that.

Either way, I'm expecting to be able to use plasmids in addition to vigors. Or perhaps that could be an Elizabeth thing. So she uses plasmids and Booker uses vigors. Because I just really want to shoot bees at people.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Guys, I gotta say, I'm enjoying the survival mode DLC.

The way its structured is you only have 1-6 guys per wave, and you can just run and kill them every wave and beat it that way, but really you want to do the Blue Ribbon Challenges. Each wave (15 per map) has one, and it could be something simple like don't let your shield break or only use machineguns, but then you get some that are challenging like only use possession and tears to kill enemies and they throw the crow guys at you. So I just had to bring in a tesla coil tear to shock the crow guy and then quickly bring in a rocket automaton to kill him while he was shocked since I couldn't hit him myself.

You get cash based on stuff you do and you can spend them for upgrades inbetween waves. You automatically get full health and ammo between waves too. Also, some waves only last a few seconds while others are a few minutes. Think of it more as a challenge mode than a straight up survival/moxxi mode. I'm actually enjoying it because it's not letting me just use the same exact weapon and vigor combos.

The bad thing though is that if you fail a Blue Ribbon Challenge, you can't just restart that wave over to try again. If you try to reload checkpoint, it throws you back to the beginning of the level. If you die during a wave, you can either restart the whole level from wave 1 or restart at the wave you are on, but doing so takes you off the leaderboards (meh) So there is no way to redo a Blue Ribbon Challenge if you fail it besides start over from wave 1.

@wrighteous86 said:
    @somedelicook said:

Yeah I know the whole Bioshock story pretty well, but when you're dealing with (Infinite spoilers) paradoxes and infinite universes, how crazy would it be if it turns out like an episode of Maury that Mr. Ryan isn't the father of Jack but instead Booker is or something equally crazy and stupid. This was more of a joke then anything though

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By Forcen

So there is the wave based thing, the two part story thing. That's three DLC's, have they said that's it? Or are they making a fourth?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86 said:

Yep, you're right.

Totally right... almost. Would you kindly humor me?

Ryan had an illegitimate kid with Jasmine Jolene. A chorus girl in one of Sander Cohen's shows on the surface. Ryan took an interest in her, and basically paid her way to fame in Rapture. The kid was an accident, though, and through a bug somewhere, Fontaine found out. Realizing that the fetus would have Ryan's DNA and therefore be able to operate the bathyspheres, he acquired it with the help of Tennenbaum, so he'd be able to use the kid to escape Rapture. Then along side Dr. Suchong they began the mind control stuff that leads to Jack at the start of the game. Oh yeah, Ryan killed Jolene when he found out.

You might recognize these posters seen all around Rapture.

No Caption Provided

Nice and fucked up considering that's your murdered mom.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: I imagine they are done after that and looking toward a next gen game.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bibamatt

@forcen said:

So there is the wave based thing, the two part story thing. That's three DLC's, have they said that's it? Or are they making a fourth?

The season pass is for three DLCs.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think of it more as a challenge mode than a straight up survival/moxxi mode.

Oooh, two great tastes that filler filler filler.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent: While you're right as well, the other guy was being intentionally vague and "prostitute" means somebody who accepts sex for goods. Which is what Jack's mother did.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I'm sold on the season pass. I liked the combat enough that clash will be fun and burial looks fantastic.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This is my problem with DLC it usually comes out so long after I'm done with a game that I don't give a shit. Bioshock Infinite and DmC are two of my favorite games this year each with good single player content but also both had content that came out months after I was already done with it. I might be the only one who thinks this but if they have a large enough studio I would rather them develop the DLC concurrently with the main product and have the DLC released on day one or within at the very least a week. Because I'm done with most games in a week.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: And then people bitch that it should've been in the game. Dev's really can't win when it comes to DLC, honestly.

But I agree that I prefer DLC within a month or two of the release (or go all out with a full-on expansion 6 months later).

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was a little disappointed when I found out about the arena DLC thing and then kinda surprised and also a little disappointed it's about Booker and Elizabeth again. I was expecting a different story about new characters or something living in Columbia but after seeing the synopsis for Burial at Sea, I can't say that I'm not intrigued by it.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Anyone else notice the date that the game takes place? anyone think that they will be the cause of all the bad stuff that happened in Rapture?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wrighteous86

@kaos_cracker: I really hope not. Those kind of contrived retconned "coincidences" always seem really pandering to me.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaos_cracker: I really hope not. Those kind of contrived retconned "coincidences" always seem really pandering to me.

Well, to be fair, they could cause the events, but in a completely unrelated timeline...so, it wouldn't exactly be retconning =|

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.