What edition of the game will you get?

• 70 results
Edited 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: What edition of the game will you get? (265 votes)

Normal edition. 63%
Premium edition. 10%
Ultimate Songbird edition. 6%
Other edition (specify) 6%
"See results" 14%

I was just wondering what edition of the game you guys will be picking up?

#51 Edited by Zekhariah (695 posts) -

Not sure at all. Everything in the previews has seemed interesting, especially with the inclusion of Elizabeth (I though the strong secondary roles in mass effect really tilted by interest in their story). But I really disliked Bioshock 1 and have purchased (but not played) the second. At some point buying the 3rd in that sequence would be super reckless, especially when the first one at a early glance had seemed great.

Remember Me still seems more interesting >.> (no interest in pure-shooter campaigns for the last year or so). But some of the PC pre-order deals are kind of awesome (free XCOM: Enemy Unknown + promo credits, etc at various places). A few of the promotions seem good enough that I would be okay with hating the game entirely from a pure $$ side (as long as the credits were ultimately used towards something good).

#52 Posted by Daveyo520 (7003 posts) -

Normal

#53 Posted by super2j (1798 posts) -

I'm waiting for reviews before I make my choice. And if I do buy it, it's likely going to be the normal one.

I would think people would hold off on buying a game before reviews are out. I mean it seems unlikely that they flopped on this game but you never know. Personally, I will be getting the regular version on pc when its below 20$. See you in a year, UNLESS! some video somewhere blows my mind and I must play it. This happened with red dead. So lets hope you can sky dive into a seagull knees first. I could be down for some Sky hunting.

#54 Posted by probablytuna (3828 posts) -

@super2j said:

@probablytuna said:

I'm waiting for reviews before I make my choice. And if I do buy it, it's likely going to be the normal one.

I would think people would hold off on buying a game before reviews are out. I mean it seems unlikely that they flopped on this game but you never know. Personally, I will be getting the regular version on pc when its below 20$. See you in a year, UNLESS! some video somewhere blows my mind and I must play it. This happened with red dead. So lets hope you can sky dive into a seagull knees first. I could be down for some Sky hunting.

But with such high expectations, there's no way of knowing if they will actually deliver a great game. The IGN review is out and it's got high praise, let's just see if other people think so as well. I look forward to Jeff's review.

#55 Posted by super2j (1798 posts) -

@super2j said:

@probablytuna said:

But with such high expectations, there's no way of knowing if they will actually deliver a great game. The IGN review is out and it's got high praise, let's just see if other people think so as well. I look forward to Jeff's review.

Hmm, I am really hoping Jeff starts the "year of the seagull" Arma 3 was the first we need more bird related game.

#56 Posted by awesomeusername (4218 posts) -

I went for the Songbird Edition! Preordered back in october and got the text today from courier that i'll get it tomorrow, cant wait! :)

Songbird for me. But I plan to give away the poster that comes with it.

I knew I wasn't the only crazy one! YAY! :D

#57 Edited by Erik (386 posts) -

I picked up my standard edition yesterday. I got it on sale so it was a real steal, awesome game so far!

#58 Edited by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

The 5-10$ Steam Holiday sale edition.

#59 Edited by Hector (3380 posts) -

Regular edition. That's all I need.

#60 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

The 'I-dont-want-to-waste-shelf-space-so-I-buy-it-on-steam Digital Superdeluxe Buyer's Remorse Edition'

#61 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6002 posts) -

I usually never buy collector editions, but I got the premium.

#62 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

Got the AMD Never Settle Reloaded Edition. AKA, the normal edition I guess.

#63 Posted by MannyCalavera (105 posts) -

I bought the regular edition on Gamersgate (steam keys) and the season pass for a total of 42 euros. And i got the game + Bioshock 1 + The Darkness 2 (i had all the other games from the games you can choose) + XCOM: Enemy Unknown. A great deal.

#64 Posted by BBQBram (2294 posts) -

Songbird Edition. I don't normally go for limited editions, but my excitement for this game grew so vast it had to manifest itself in every possible form. I trust in Levine, so it's cool.

#65 Posted by Humanity (10115 posts) -

I've slowly been leaning towards the Premium edition although I really like dumb collectible bullshit so the Song Bird one looks so tempting. Only problem is that I'm scared to shell out a ton of cash for it and then find out the game is "alright" or something like that. Although despite thinking Arkham City was just alright, that Collectors Edition Batman figure I got out of it is pretty dang awesome.

#66 Posted by RainVillain (482 posts) -

Ultimate Songbird, assuming it's findable in stores!

#67 Posted by Sidewalkchalk (122 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

Other: none. Played Dishonored and this game looks too similar.

I... are you... I don't even...

#68 Posted by GnsDemon (115 posts) -

Regulars, but looking at Premium I may have to go with that one. I know I'll love this game.

#69 Posted by Fredddi43 (359 posts) -

Preordered on Steam, found a PS3 Ultimate Songbird early, bought that, and after 5 hours of game time, also bought a Premium one. This is the only game I will buy in a long time, and I don't regret anything.

#70 Posted by Solh0und (1852 posts) -

Standard ass edition. I can't remember the last time I bought a collectors edition of any game.....wait Halo 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.