Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

What the Hell is Going On? (HIDDEN MUSIC)

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By realph

Just when you thought you understood it all.

http://youtu.be/keEJUfuDDQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVv19TCBifQ

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the same song.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's actually really fucking creepy. And incredible.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kind of crazy actually, wonder how that came across in development and what they felt it added to the game. Something you are just barely aware of when playing the game but not enough to actually have meaning as a song, just ambiance.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

I wouldn't read too much into it. Most likely they just found that the sound of singing slowed way down was particularly unsettling in the right ways for what they were going for. Sound designers go in for all sorts of crazy stuff like that. Sometimes you just don't realize what you need is the sound of a jar of nails falling on a hacksaw suspended between two guitars until you try it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

So here's what I'm hearing (the 'xxxx' means something is there but I'm not sure what);

"xxxx time's starting to catch up with us."

"too late time's finally starting to catch up to us."

"today time's falling to xxxx to us."

Or some combination of those lines. That's fucking neat. I don't know if it was intentional or not. But it is really neat.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By endaround

I wouldn't read too much into it. Most likely they just found that the sound of singing slowed way down was particularly unsettling in the right ways for what they were going for. Sound designers go in for all sorts of crazy stuff like that. Sometimes you just don't realize what you need is the sound of a jar of nails falling on a hacksaw suspended between two guitars until you try it.

Yep. It may have meaning or it could just be a sound guy wanting an ominous sound and used some slowed down music to achieve it.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Isn't this just the same sort of thing they did in Inception? Slow the music waaay the hell down to get a weird effect in the background? Hardly seems all that mind blowing.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By jkz

@endaround said:

@starvinggamer said:

Yep. It may have meaning or it could just be a sound guy wanting an ominous sound and used some slowed down music to achieve it.

Pretty much. I actually use a capellas slowed down far beyond being intelligible (Enya's a pretty good example) and then chopped up into the most effective bits as ambience a lot of the time. Frequently by the end it's so mangled that even sped up it doesn't sound like a cohesive song any more, but this just strikes me as a sound designer using that trick (which isn't a particularly new one) and just being happy with how it sounded without even having to chop it up.

There's definitely something fitting about it in a game so obsessed with time shifting and such, though.

cicatrix1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It sounds backwards to me. Has anyone tried reversing it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.