Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

what`s wrong with me and bioshock?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

so recently I read this in a forum from Josty81

"That's the most narrow possible view to take on the series and it means you're either not able or wanting to see the bigger picture.  Bioshock Infinite, from what we know, appears to have ALL the building blocks of a 'Shock-series game: a weird, terrifying location, mutations, weird powers, closed community gone horribly wrong, human/mechanical hybrids.  It's a BIOSHOCK game.  Nothing about the name Bioshock says anything about a water-based setting.  It only presumably refers to the biological modifications that both the character and the enemies have undergone."

And watching that 10 minute video got me a little bummed out. When you wake up and walk around Columbia that was awesome, I love the time period and the city-in-the-sky concept is awesome. But then you start shooting, and for some reason that put me off. I loved bioshock and I even played through bioshock 2 but I really don't want to fight crazy people again, and I don't understand why you would drink from a weird bottle that some guy dropped. I know I'm extremely early to be judging this game but when the reveal trailer came out I got all excited and wasn't sure why so many people hated on it. Then I learned that your character is a P.I. and he was going to do some investigating, but that second trailer is all shooting and fighting weird folks. 

Basically I'm hoping there's actually some detective work to be done, and not just arriving in Columbia after shit has gone wrong and have to just fight my way out. I hate myself for saying this but it looks like more bioshock.  

then I see stuff like this:

pin goes from American flag to communist hammer and sickle
     pin goes from American flag to communist hammer and sickle

I feel like I'm going bipolar on this game....

**note that this point of view has nothing to do with the "fakeness" of the trailer of 2K's whole "slapping the name bioshock on it" thing**
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Jost1

I wrote that paragraph

Hey at least you're not dismissing the game outright :)  We've seen very little so far but everything I've seen, I've loved

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas

Watch the interview jeff did

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @josty81: yes that was you, sorry I didn't mention you.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

I doubt any of that will actually play out in the same way as the demo. I think a lot of the encounters there were contrived for the sake of showing off as much of the variety they want in the final game. I'm not sure if it's fair to call them 'crazy people' either. In Bioshock the people went insane from genetic tampering and watching their lives crumble around them. We don't really know what the deal with the enemies in this game is. Why they want you dead ,what's their motivation? I'm guessing we'll have to wait some time for the context of that stuff to become clear. Without any context it does just become killing crazy people but you've got to give them more credit than that.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By valrog

I, for one, am very excited for Sky-o-Shock. Just saw the gameplay video and it got me quite pumped.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.