Where should the next Bioshock take place?

• 83 results
Posted by benspyda (2038 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Where should the next Bioshock take place? (195 votes)

On the moon 17%
In the centre of the earth 16%
On a space station 18%
Jurassic Park 28%
Other (in the comments... No it shouldn't take place in the comments!!) 21%

Where would you like to see those crazy people build their next city?

#1 Posted by BeachThunder (12087 posts) -

On a space station. It will be called BioShock: System.

#2 Posted by DoctorTran (1565 posts) -

I'd say BioShock on the Moon or Space Station.... Just in Space in general.

#3 Posted by Itwongo (1217 posts) -

Bioshock on a space station and the moon and the center of said moon.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Anybody who votes for "the Moon" is hereby exiled.

#5 Posted by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -

From the moon? You won't let us go there anyway...

Anyway... I vote inside a black hole. Or perhaps in a future where the human mind can be completely digitalized and now people download their consciousness and live forever inside a quantum supercomputer of some sort and the world can be whatever the fuck you want.

Or perhaps Australia.

#6 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

From the moon? You won't let us go there anyway...

From video games.

#7 Edited by Daneian (1245 posts) -

Future Wild West

#8 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (844 posts) -

Well, the setting has gone from the bottom of the ocean to in the sky. The next logical step is clearly fucking space. The moon will be the expansion for the next one.

#9 Posted by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -
#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#11 Posted by benspyda (2038 posts) -

Or perhaps a very big boat or cruise ship, splitting the difference.

#12 Edited by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -

@video_game_king:

The Amish use iphones now. One could conceivably still play games on ios. That is assuming you are in fact handing over these exiled individuals to the Amish as punishment. Maybe you just have the Amish murder them in there sleep. Actually, you know what would make an okay next Bioshock game? Crazy, murderous moon Amish!

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#14 Edited by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -

@video_game_king:

I'm taking some creative liberties with the source material. We'll market the game as being based on true events.

#15 Edited by Daveyo520 (6858 posts) -

How about underground? But not like to lava magma core levels like the center of the Earth.

#16 Edited by awesomeusername (4207 posts) -

I said on another thread that it should take place in a volcano or in space. Not sure though.

A space station is my answer. It'll be just like Bioshock where when you look out the window, it'd just be nothing everywhere. You're stuck on there. But would the lighthouse be on earth and teleport you to the station?

@beachthunder said:

On a space station. It will be called BioShock: System.

Or System BioShock

#17 Edited by ripelivejam (4265 posts) -

1st and 2nd- Ocean

Infinite- Sky

Bio the 4th- ROCK HARD LAND. SPLIT THE MOTHERFUCKIN DIFFERENCE.

#18 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11904 posts) -

I'm guessing deep underneath the earth, and you fight mole people and it's all a criticism of the War on Terror.

#19 Posted by Tarsier (1069 posts) -

i dont think there will be a next bioshock.. it feels like they kind of closed the book on that universe

#20 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

They should make something else.

#21 Posted by SlashDance (1827 posts) -

A city on Mars. The phrase "Get your ass to Mars" is the "Bring us the girl" of this game.

Also they shouln't make another Bioshock.

#22 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

I kind of hope they don't make another Bioshock. I think with Infinite they finish the nature of Bioshock as a franchise. Even though they also write in that there could be billions of these -shock games I think announcing that and making it so clear caps off that story-telling mechanic. It'll lose it's value if it is done again. I hope that their next game has a brand new take on story telling and story-telling mechanics.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (12087 posts) -

A city on Mars. The phrase "Get your ass to Mars" is the "Bring us the girl" of this game.

It turns out the phrase "Get your ass to Mars" actually refers to bringing a donkey to Mars :o

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (19017 posts) -

My house.

#25 Posted by bybeach (4893 posts) -

Needs to be called System Shock 3.

I think we are done with the Bioshocks, although they have done a magnificent job of re-iterating the framework. How many times can you hammer the same nail? Though again dropping back to System Shock would be a sneaky way of doing it... And I suspect they will never completely abandon some core concepts.

#26 Posted by Marokai (3060 posts) -

I hope there isn't another one.

#27 Posted by Mocca_Bear (62 posts) -

I don't know if I'm even ready thinking of another Bioshock right now, but having played through Infinity in its entirety I am pretty excited to see Rapture in its heyday.

#28 Edited by Castiel (2661 posts) -

It shouldn't take place at all. With Infinite Ken Levine could be done with the Bioshock franchise and that would be totally fine with me.

This wasn't meant to sound like a critique of Infinite, as I really liked it, but if he wanted to try something completely new I would be okay with that. I feel like I got everything I ever wanted from a Bioshock game out of Infinite. I don't need another one.

#29 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I would like it to be underground, but Metro already did that pretty well. It would probably be more inventive than that.

#30 Posted by MegaLombax (395 posts) -

I think I'm okay with the series to end at Infinite. But I would like to see other games that Irrational Games can develop. They certainly have a talented team, and a new game/series would be an interesting one to see.

#31 Posted by Blackout62 (1355 posts) -

F-yeah the comments!

Is a man not entitled to his post in the thread? "No!" says the man of the mods, "It is under our guidelines." "No!" says the man of the trolls, "It is under our ridicule." "No!" says the man of traditions, "It is under our reign." I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Threadtopia, a community where the courageous would not fear disparagement, where the radical would not be bound by censor, Where the innovative would not be constrained by old thinking! And with the your post in the thread, Threadtopia can become your community as well.

I mean it all goes to shit because, Bioshock game, but come on.

#32 Posted by Oni (2104 posts) -

Also they shouln't make another Bioshock.

this, but I voted Jurassic Park anyway.

#33 Posted by Digiwth (152 posts) -

The French Revolution!

#34 Edited by HowDire (270 posts) -

If they were to make another one... A city on Earth that's either in the middle of nowhere, (i.e desert or Antarctica), or is hiding in plain sight. A city within a city? *Inception Horns*

#35 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Underground, and its all about Economy, 99% and all that.

You have 3 levels The workers live in the lower level, the upper class live in the upper level. And a mega tower sits in the middle, where your Andrew Ryan type sits above all.

And then i dont know in the end they reveal that they aren't on earth, or better yet, in this dimension Old Elizabath rules the surface, and there is a war between Old Elizabath on land and Rapture's Big Daddys (from Bioshocks ending ) from the sea.

#36 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1660 posts) -

Somewhere just outside New Jersey.

#37 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4416 posts) -

I hope there isn't another Bioshock. After finishing Infinite I got what I wanted out of that "universe". Go do something new.

#38 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

In my pants.

#39 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Back to the roots. Derelict Space Station/Starship. Like System Shock 2. Essentially make Dead Space 1 again, which is a System Shock sequel-in-spirit too, just like the Bioshock games.

Voted for *Moon*.

#40 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

interesting to see how many people are good with there not being another one. I can't see that happening seeing as it been built up into one of 2k's top brands outside of its sports frnachises.

#41 Posted by Aurelito (721 posts) -

interesting to see how many people are good with there not being another one. I can't see that happening seeing as it been built up into one of 2k's top brands outside of its sports frnachises.

2K is relatively a decent AAA publisher, they're not like EA or Ubi, they actually care about quality of their games rather than their quantity.

#42 Posted by zenmastah (945 posts) -

In Ken Levines mind.

#43 Posted by Intro (1208 posts) -

Out of those choices, space station.

#44 Posted by Zlimness (559 posts) -

There shouldn't be another Bioshock. But since 2k Marin will probably be tasked to do the sequel to Infinite, Jurassic Park seems like a good place as any.

#45 Posted by Pr1mus (3950 posts) -

In space, in the future. Shocks of the system variety are better.

#46 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1380 posts) -

NatureShock. Rainforest. You are an environmentalist nature photographer. Alone in the jungle and desperate for survival you begin killing the endangered animals you intended to protect. Forgoing your vegan beliefs you devour the local fauna for plasmid/tonic like powers and lay waste to animals and lumber mill workers alike, a shadow of your former self but also so much more than you once were.

The real animal is man. Think about it.

#47 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5797 posts) -

Any where Irrational wants to take me.

#48 Posted by WMoyer83 (646 posts) -

1984 New York. You are on a mission to save the space/time continuum due to the Beach Boys paradox.

#49 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

SPAAAACCEE

#50 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

a bioshock in space would be pretty badass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.