Where should the next Bioshock take place?

• 83 results
Posted by benspyda (2015 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Where should the next Bioshock take place? (195 votes)

On the moon 17%
In the centre of the earth 16%
On a space station 18%
Jurassic Park 28%
Other (in the comments... No it shouldn't take place in the comments!!) 21%

Where would you like to see those crazy people build their next city?

#51 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3150 posts) -

In the Cave Story universe.

#52 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

A city within the TV land that only the privileged zeros can enter and you go in to save a girl who was thrown in. Think about it.

#53 Posted by Mezmero (1768 posts) -

Center of the earth seems the most likely. It's a logical progression of references to Jules Verne novels. If you want a social commentary you can make it about the struggle between humans and nature.

#54 Edited by ThatFrood (3373 posts) -

The Magic Schoolbus

#55 Posted by LKPOWER (154 posts) -

I don't really want another Bioshock. I think Infinite is a great way to end the series

#56 Edited by Mezmero (1768 posts) -

@thatfrood: Bioshock 1 and 2 already had magic scubas.

#57 Posted by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

Jurassic Park sounds just fine.

#58 Posted by DrStrangepork (126 posts) -

Branson, Missouri

But seriously, I would rather them take on another project. I'd be cool with the series being over.

#59 Posted by mlarrabee (2875 posts) -

It shouldn't.

System Shock 3 should never exist, either.

Leave ideas before they become stale, leave audiences wanting more.

#60 Edited by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

center of the earth would be pretty cool

#61 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

There shouldn't be another Bioshock.

#62 Edited by 49th (2670 posts) -

Volcano!

#63 Edited by Picsl (201 posts) -

I was thinking space, but then I remembered that System Shock 2 (and probably 1, haven't played it) exists...

Honestly, I hope Irrational tries something other than a shooter next time, and that's coming from someone who thinks the combat part of Bioshock is the best part (well, almost).

#64 Edited by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

Make a new game and a new series. Make it look like it has absolutely nothing to do with Bioshock. End-twist reveals it actually has something to do with Bioshock.

#65 Posted by Demoskinos (14523 posts) -

Having beaten Infinite now I am of the mind now that there shouldn't be one especially now that they basically tied the first two games as being just another dimension with different variables in Booker's time line playing out.

#66 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3769 posts) -

I voted Jurassic Park because we are sorely lacking good games with dinosaurs in them.

#67 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Well there's been 2 underwater... There's been one in the sky... How about just a city?

#68 Posted by Fawkes (229 posts) -

Jurassic Park in space.

#69 Posted by Silver-Streak (1328 posts) -

I'll go with other. Bioshock is great, Bioshock 2 was pretty grand (With Minerva's Den being even better), Infinite was fantastic.

I think they should let it go there. Ken Levine and his creative team could probably move on to different things rather than reusing the same mechanics in a new shell. That being said I'll probably play whatever it is they make next, regardless.

#70 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

Having beaten Infinite now I am of the mind now that there shouldn't be one especially now that they basically tied the first two games as being just another dimension with different variables in Booker's time line playing out.

Is that even true though? Consider 1980s France - is that another BioShock story, or just another unrelated dimension? I've been thinking about it, and maybe when Elizabeth talks about a Booker, a city, a lighthouse, a Songbird, and an Elizabeth all existing; she is actually referring to variations of the BioShock Infinite story (Comstock, Columbia, etc...), rather than both the BioShock and Binfinite stories. It's not to say they are irrelevant or what not, but maybe people are taking a leap of logic in referring to them as being a metaphor for all three BioShocks.

#71 Edited by Herk (177 posts) -

Either way they'd have to change up the formula of a Bioshock game significally next time around just because it has become real predictable after Infinite

#72 Posted by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

Not going to say BioShock in space because we already have System Shock. So Jurassic Park because we need more dinosaur in our games. Also want to hear more of Patrick love of Dinos.

#73 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

Space Station in 1786 made out of wood, implausable science, and dreams.

There's always a space lighthouse...

#74 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

In an alternate 1990s UK. One where Maggie Thatcher was never ousted from power. And Ronald Reagan is her secret lover.

Pure gold Bioshock material.

#75 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

Before opening the topic I was thinking "inside a volcano."

Not sure why though, but I guess the center of the Earth is close enough.

#76 Edited by Schmollian (259 posts) -

It should be on a space station and take place in the future. But only because I want to see a lighthouse in space.

#77 Posted by LTSmash (598 posts) -

It will take place on a city-sized locomotive, whipping across the continent at near the speed of sound.

#78 Posted by rbanke (191 posts) -

I vote for a space station. I think a 50-60's era 'vision of the future' aesthetic would be awesome.

#79 Edited by ThatFrood (3373 posts) -

@fourwude said:

In an alternate 1990s UK. One where Maggie Thatcher was never ousted from power. And Ronald Reagan is her secret lover.

Pure gold Bioshock material.

You team up with a man who lost his family and livelihood through the mining debacle. Near the end of the game, you find out that he is actually President Nixon.

#80 Edited by StrikeALight (1112 posts) -

It's gonna be so difficult for there NOT to be a another Bioshock title, given the success of Infinite.

Go out with a bang with the DLC, I say. Make something truly memorable, and call it day. Though it's unlikely 2K will settle for that.

#81 Edited by DukesT3 (1888 posts) -

The moon Titan.

#82 Edited by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -

Inside a human body like Fantastic Voyage/Innerspace. Someone has created a miniature city inside of someone.

#83 Edited by ripelivejam (3473 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.