Why call it BioShock, though?

• 58 results
#51 Posted by JasonR86 (9706 posts) -
@BombKareshi:

Brand recognition = profits!
#52 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Guys, we made one of the most critically acclaimed games of the past decade and people are willing to buy a sequel to it based on brand recognition alone.

CHANGE IT

#53 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

It's quite possible it's named Bioshock because, well, it may actually be in the Bioshock timeline. With this new time rift plot point, its very possible this once seemingly isolated storyline could be intrinsically linked to the pretense of the first game, or possibly even a new direction for the future game.

#54 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Why not just call it what it really should be called?

System Shock 2 but in the sky at the turn of the century the sequel to System Shock 2 but underwater in the 50s.

#55 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Jimbo
#56 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Brraaaaand recognition.

#57 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

Part of the reason is marketing, but why were the first two named Bioshock? I think it has to be because of the biological developments in the plasmids. The same thing is also happening in Infinite and the plasmids are still central to the gameplay of that game, so why not keep the name Bioshock. I really wouldnt be surprised if Bioshock was just used from the start.
#58 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -

Skyoshock.

I'll stop now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.