You Didn't Really Want to Play BioShock Infinite This Year Anyway, Right?

#51 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

GODDAMNIT

#52 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -

'Opportunities', eh?

I'm calling it: microtransactions. Unlock a Big Daddy skin for your player character for only $5!

#53 Posted by xwillx (14 posts) -

damn, i guess its for the best

#54 Posted by Wuddel (2109 posts) -

Ah, nevermind. Make it good. Thats what counts.

#55 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5007 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite for WiiU? Maybeh.

#56 Posted by Grilledcheez (3982 posts) -

I can and will wait

#57 Posted by KillerFly (401 posts) -

@Cloneslayer said:

noooooooooo, what else is coming this fall?

Assassin's Creed III, Black Ops II, Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, and by the time E3 is done, way too many other games.

#58 Posted by Chemin (633 posts) -

I like delays. It means more polish. That's always a good thing. The publishers are being generous.

#59 Posted by TMThomsen (2084 posts) -

I'm getting fairly good at judging which articles are written by Alex by their name alone.

#60 Posted by Jaytow (726 posts) -

No I didn' because ,honestly, it doesn't look very good.

#61 Posted by louiedog (2337 posts) -

@TMThomsen said:

I'm getting fairly good at judging which articles are written by Alex by their name alone.

If a sigh inserted at the end wouldn't be out of place, Alex wrote it.

#62 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (835 posts) -

I was obviously disappointed when I first saw the news this morning. However, after thinking about it a bit more, it's really for the best. Not only do we now have more time to focus on the other games coming out this fall, but Irrational can use this extra development time to make sure Infinite is everything they want it to be. Win/win.

#63 Posted by TopCat88 (177 posts) -

No problem with this, when it's ready, I will play it. Take your time guys.

#64 Posted by Master_Funk (746 posts) -

Disappointing , but still have AC3 and hopefully GTA V this fall. Or maybe Journey will remain my GOTY.

#65 Posted by Animasta (14753 posts) -

@PerfidiousSinn said:

Great, this gives people more time to realize how sexist Elizabeth's character design is.

this will never happen don't be silly.

she's still gross though

#66 Posted by emem (1976 posts) -

Good, there are way too many games I want to play this year anyway.

#67 Posted by Warchief (664 posts) -

Its cool, I can play Diablo III until next year.

#68 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

Well, thank goodness. My fall was starting to look pretty packed with new releases. I especially got concerned once I started to hear that there was actually a chance that Black Ops II might be good, 'cause that was originally on my "skip" list.

#69 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

I actually said "Awwww" out loud in a fuck-off kind of tone during class when I saw the headline haha

#70 Posted by TheHBK (5606 posts) -

Either they are pushing it for GTA V or they just suck. Let's get these "Well I am happy because they can make it good" comments going. Because as well all know, developers are not professionals who are not expected to meet deadlines like the rest of us.

#71 Posted by blacklab (1639 posts) -

I think they saw the reception Mass Effect 3 got and realized, 'holy fuck we best not disappoint'...

#72 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2505 posts) -

If Ken Levine says it'll be February before it's ready, it'll be February before it's ready.

Unless he says it'll be June 2013 before it's ready sometime between now and February.

#73 Posted by heatDrive88 (2474 posts) -

I'm okay with this. I'm sure around that time, there's going to be a shit-load of other things to play. February is a nice time to get at least one extremely premiere release to focus on anyways, so it might as well be Bioshock.

#74 Posted by mabber36 (129 posts) -

guess we will never play this game now, since the world ends in december

#75 Posted by BaconGames (3627 posts) -

First Prey 2 gets blown up and pushed back to next year and now BioShock is coming next year as well. That 2K Marin XCOM game is also coming out next year it seems as well. Looks like 2013 will be a banner year for sci-fi first-person shooters with RPG mechanics.

#76 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite was like 8th on my "games to buy in 2012" list so... yes, I didn't want to play it this year :D I'm sure Infinite will be as overrated as the original Bioshock. Great game but not a 96.

#77 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

this was literally the only game I was looking very forward to this year. What now.

#78 Posted by I_smell (3929 posts) -

NNnnooooooooooooooooo

#79 Posted by Fontelroy (102 posts) -

I know delays are generally best for the game. Still can't wait to play it!!!

#80 Posted by Paindamnation (819 posts) -

@phrosnite said:

Bioshock Infinite was like 8th on my "games to buy in 2012" list so... yes, I didn't want to play it this year :D I'm sure Infinite will be as overrated as the original Bioshock. Great game but not a 96.

You are wrong in every sense of the word. That is all.

#81 Posted by GoneWacko (19 posts) -

I'm calling it: Next-gen Microsoft console coming out February 26, 2013.

#82 Posted by hermes (1656 posts) -

God dammit... This game is becoming the classic carrot in a stick.

I guess I wouldn't be this pissed if I wasn't expecting this games since its announcement (TWO YEARS ago)

#83 Posted by vikingdeath1 (1028 posts) -

Well nothing good left for October...... nope, NOTHING.

hope this time makes the game better though.

#84 Posted by shades846 (158 posts) -

Wii U version he we come ;-)

#85 Posted by Farley_Lives (278 posts) -

I think I'll manage.

#86 Posted by gamefreak9 (2603 posts) -

@Warchief said:

Its cool, I can play Diablo III until next year.

#87 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2505 posts) -

If it will improve the quality of the overall product then I have no problem with the wait.

#88 Posted by BonOrbitz (2315 posts) -

Take all the time you need Ken. Seriously.

#89 Posted by Peacemaker (1107 posts) -

If they need the time to make a better game I say take it. From what it seems like he said, they won't be showing the game until it is pretty much done which could be kind of cool.

#90 Posted by cannonballBAM (620 posts) -

@hermes said:

I think you mean, "Carrot on a Stick".

#91 Posted by Forceman4077 (44 posts) -

I'm going to be pissed if it's for some bullshit reason, like Wii U, Vita, Kinect.

#92 Edited by Begilerath (175 posts) -

Like many have said before I smell a little GTA V in the air, specially if you consider the move not to have the game in any mayor games conference. Anyway I'm still catching up on some 2011 games so this is good news for me  

Also:  

@klimdeeni

said:

so we've widdled down holiday releases to borderlands 2, assassins creed 3, COD BO2, and a shitty new Nintendo system? I thought 2012 was going to be crazy awesome for games :/

Seriously? none of this interest you?: 

- Darksiders II   
- RE6    
- The Last of Us    
- Halo 4
- Hitman Absolution  
- Tomb Raider  
- Sleeping Dogs
- Far Cry 3      
#93 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Goodbye. This decision is obviously made to the fact 2012 is overflowed with good game releases. It's business as usual. I don't give damn about this game anymore.

#94 Posted by Kyle (2327 posts) -

Totally fine with this. I'm in no rush to play it; Just want it to be the best it can be when I do.

#95 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Wait, wasn't that coming out in October? Damnit.

#96 Posted by Paindamnation (819 posts) -

@Forceman4077 said:

I'm going to be pissed if it's for some bullshit reason, like Wii U, Vita, Kinect.

Ken Levine already said he is focusing everything on Bioshock: Infinite. And the Vita plans are forthcoming. They are putting all their resources into Bioshock.

#97 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@hermes said:

Carrot in a stick? Dude, what? lmao

@phrosnite said:

You're right. It'll be closer to a 93.2.

#98 Edited by Pop (2654 posts) -

Oh man, Bioshock: Infinite was kinda the only game I could think of that I really wanted to play this year, well diablo 3 too but only those 2.

I can't think of any other game that I desperately wanted to play, I guess Assassin's Creed 3 but meh... nope can't think of anything that I am super uber excited about.

I guess it's great that they're taking more time that means it will be even cooler.

edit: ok ok... Hitman: Absolution too. but that's definetly it. I don't know this year isn't like last year.

#99 Posted by kishinfoulux (2588 posts) -

I hope people aren't surprised about this. I'd have been shocked if it wasn't delayed.

#100 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12341 posts) -

Am totally fine with that. Better my wallet takes the hit later than in the fall when everything else comes out too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.