You Didn't Really Want to Play BioShock Infinite This Year Anyway, Right?

#101 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite: launch title for the PS4 / Xbox720 that will be revealed this E3 with similar release dates as BI. You know it, I know it, Ken Levine knows it.

*cough*

#102 Posted by Deusx (1880 posts) -

God fucking damnit...

#103 Posted by CJduke (780 posts) -

Damn, and i was thinking this was gonna be GOTY based on how much everyone loves Bioshock 1, I have no idea what could win now.

#104 Posted by JuxJuxJux (42 posts) -

Anyone think that this means Grand Theft Auto 5 is confirmed for 2012?

#105 Posted by BBQBram (2166 posts) -

@Winternet said:

GTA V October 2012 here we go!

Please be true.

#106 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3631 posts) -

Ken you dirty dog. Ah well I guess I can wait a bit longer...

#107 Posted by MeatSim (10612 posts) -

It's not like there is going to be a lack of other stuff to play this fall.

#108 Edited by NTM (7038 posts) -

As much as I'm interested in playing Bioshock: Infinite, and as much as I loved Bioshock, I find myself not really caring that much. All I can say is that now it doesn't have a chance at winning this years game of the year (obviously). There are already more games than just that, that I am excited about, and it should make the years end more interesting. Also, I was playing Bioshock 2 the other day, and I was wondering if what they had already shown us, was kind of like what they had originally shown for the first Bioshock, I don't know if anyone remembers that, but it was quite different than the final product in ways, and the next time we see this game it'll actually look surprisingly different.

http://www.gamespot.com/bioshock/videos/bioshock-official-movie-1-6158338/

#109 Posted by Brendan (7523 posts) -

@phrosnite said:

Bioshock Infinite was like 8th on my "games to buy in 2012" list so... yes, I didn't want to play it this year :D I'm sure Infinite will be as overrated as the original Bioshock. Great game but not a 96.

Agreed. I would round down to a 95.

#110 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6942 posts) -

I'm dead inside. Time to commit seppuku

#111 Posted by 49th (2558 posts) -

Damn, they should just put it out before the world ends. Seems like a bad decision.

#112 Posted by joesson (20 posts) -

This was originally announced for February of this year and was shifted to October (not surprisingly to be honest). I wonder if Fall next year is more realistic.

The old quote stands though..

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#113 Posted by BoringK (247 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

"uncovered opportunities to make Infinite into something even more extraordinary."

OK.

(and GTA5 isn't coming out this year either. Grow up.)

#114 Posted by EXTomar (4133 posts) -

This is one of the games that I put the "It is done when it is done" label on it.

#115 Posted by Tom1243 (49 posts) -

:(

#116 Posted by csl316 (7399 posts) -

Good, because I could always use more extraordinary.

#117 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Sounds good to me! If this means Infinite will be as ... not revolutionary, but as big of a deal as the first Bioshock, then I'm all for it.

#118 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

Meh, the game was way to far off for me to get excited about anyways. 

The only thing i've seen from the game is the E3 footage from last year, so it's been a long ass time since i've payed attention to this game.

#120 Posted by Spitznock (398 posts) -

They can take as much time as they want as far as I'm concerned..

#121 Posted by Incapability (193 posts) -

I had no idea it was supposed to come out this year. So there you go.

#122 Posted by klimdeeni (141 posts) -

@Begilerath:

- Darksiders II yeah but that's not really a heavy hitting game. about as big as prototype 2. just another game.

- RE6 this might be good, but its never been my thing

- The Last of Us not coming out this year

- Halo 4 couldnt care less

- Hitman Absolution couldnt care less

- Tomb Raider has a lot to prove before my hype is raised

- Sleeping Dogs has a lot to prove before my hype is raised

- Far Cry 3 couldnt care less

#123 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Should add onto the headline "Take-Two makes room for Grand Theft Auto V in October".

#124 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
How I feel right now.
#125 Posted by Kaowas (124 posts) -

As Ken Levine is the game designer I trust the most, I cannot wait until next February. If he is taking that much more time to make Bioshock Infinite even better than we've already seen, then the next game could be something insanely special.

#126 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#127 Posted by AzurePhoenix (20 posts) -

I don't mind waiting a few months if it means we get a better game, with Zero Escape, Persona 4 Golden and tons of other games out in fall I'd have to wait until next year to play BioShock anyway.

#128 Posted by MythDarK (522 posts) -

More time to make the game better. I'm not complaining at all. I patient enough to wait. =)

#129 Posted by Jackel2072 (2228 posts) -

Why am i surprised? 

#130 Posted by Blackhebrew2 (68 posts) -

I hope this doesn't become Duke Nukem Forever again though, as I actually like Bioshock.

#131 Posted by Grimhild (719 posts) -

@RoyCampbell said:

"Instead of single choice pre-order bonuses, we will allow our consumers- I mean fans, to choose from several different pre-order bonuses from a single retailer. Needless to say, it'll be worth the wait."

Hah!

#132 Posted by Tidel (356 posts) -

So be it.

#133 Posted by Humanity (8013 posts) -

Thats fine because I DIDN'T really want to play it this year anyway!

#134 Posted by Daveyo520 (6599 posts) -

Bummer

#135 Posted by redrhinomn (19 posts) -

Doesn't bother me one bit, I'll have enough stuff to play this fall already. Plus, I don't get too excited for games until they are just about out. yes, this game has been on my radar, but hearing that it will be 9 months instead of 5 months until I play it doesn't bother me.

#136 Edited by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

@klimdeeni said:

@Begilerath:

- Darksiders II yeah but that's not really a heavy hitting game. about as big as prototype 2. just another game.

The funniest thing I've read today.

P.S. - Just to be clear... it's funny because it's sooooo wrong :D

#137 Posted by Atlas (2401 posts) -

Well, that's the one game of 2012 I was really looking forward to gone. Shame that 2011 was such a great year but 2012 is shaping up to be a real bummer. Journey is penciled in as my GOTY; can't think off the top of my head what could beat it.

Still, guess that's one more reason to stop procrastinating and get through the backlog. Still need to play Witcher 2 and Deus Ex: HR...

#138 Posted by nickux (1378 posts) -

Pretty bummed to think this game is now bout 9 months away. Oh well, this fall still has Borderlands 2, RE 6, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, the list goes on and on.

#139 Posted by radioactivez0r (809 posts) -

I'd really like them to elaborate on that statement, because it's not quite the same as "we wanted more time for polish" a la Darksiders 2. This sounds like a major change/implementation.

#140 Posted by Hef (1084 posts) -

At first I was super mad, but then I released it was Ken Levine who was super pumped about an idea they had.

So either this game is the best thing ever or I'll hate it. I'm probably not setting my expectations too high right?

On a side note: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#141 Posted by Gamer_152 (13977 posts) -

As with most delays like this, I'm quite upset it got pushed back, but if they think they need more time to really polish it, then I trust them. 2012 still won't be anywhere near as good without it though.

#142 Posted by SockemJetpack (405 posts) -

Hmm... the last time an eagerly awaited third game in a beloved series was pushed back from Q4 of one year to Q! of the next was so they could tack on a microtransaction focused multiplayer and shoehorn Kinect compatibility into it.

I will wait patiently with my fingers tented but so help me if I find out that I'm right in my silly assumptions... I'll probably buy it anyway.

#143 Posted by chilipeppersman (1089 posts) -

@Gamer_152: agreed, but its good they arent rushing it out like another call of duty or assassins creed.

#144 Posted by Shaanyboi (1218 posts) -

@Blackhebrew2 said:

I hope this doesn't become Duke Nukem Forever again though, as I actually like Bioshock.

They've shown more of Bioshock Infinite within the past two years than we saw of DNF in the span of ten. I doubt it's that big of a deal...

#145 Posted by Cybexx (1104 posts) -

Happy they are taking the time they need but this was at the top of the games I was looking forward to this year, along with Prey 2 so my most-anticipated games of 2012 list is going great you guys. Unless the world ends this weekend we will at least get Max Payne 3 and Diablo 3 though, so not all is lost.

This is starting to become one of those weird transitional years though.

#146 Posted by Andheez (572 posts) -

Anyone want to take odds that they are adding mass effect style co-op multiplayer?

#147 Posted by Tesla (1854 posts) -

Am I really seeing comparisons to Duke Nukem Forever and Mass Effect 3? Dumb. Doubting the quality of the game based on this delay means you just don't know your shit.

#148 Posted by MrXD (240 posts) -

DAMN IT! DX

#149 Posted by Rexicon (95 posts) -

So that's a thing.

#150 Posted by forkboy (973 posts) -

I am literally just now watching the first ever Happy Hour (because I have a subscription so might as well use it!) where Jeff went to Boston to talk to Irrational about Bioshock Infinite. Almost 20 months ago

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.