Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

Anybody else actually like the gameplay

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

All I hear about, especially from the Giantbomb crew, is how the story and atmosphere and  stuff in Bioshock was amazing, but the gameplay was kind of bad.  I don't see this at all.  I had a blast playing this game.  I liked the guns, I thought the shooting was great and satisfying, and I liked the way they looked too, especially once you started upgrading them, they had kind of a steam punk look to them.  I also loved using plasmids.  There were a lot of interesting and fun ones to used, like the insect one.  Doing different combinations based on your situation was tons of fun.  I thought all the controls and movement were just great.
     I think the gameplay was one of the highlights of the game.

Oh, I also liked collecting all the items and stuff by going through all the chests or cabinets and stuff.  I don't know why but I love that in games.  It has to be a mental condition or something.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I share the same feelings. In fact, I bought the first Bioshock a few months ago simply because I loved playing it. I like the way the guns feel and all that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There's a laundry list of junk I could go through with this game. It just felt really tedious to me after a point.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Skytylz

I enjoyed it, the 2nd was better, but the first was fine.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Romination

I liked it, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact I rarely FPS and I don't see a lot of what people are talking about when they discuss what makes shooting good in a game. As far as I could tell, Bioshock had it. At the end of the game, though, I wasn't really shooting, I was just sneaking up behind people and headshotting them with the crossbow for lulz

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Organicalistic_

I hat first person games like that, just like in racing games i have to see my character, that is why i love fallout 3 it is a combo of both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.