Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

Just wondering, when was the last time you played Bioshock?

• 62 results
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

According to my achievement data. February 1st was the last time I played it.

How unspecific of you. I Have not played it since February 1st 2008. So it has been 5 years. I don't feel the need to play it again any time soon. Hopefully Bioshock Infinite is great.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just started playing it! I finished the first chapter and like it so far. The atmosphere is great, and even if I don't like ego-shooters, this one is still quite enjoyable because it's easy to hit the enemies. I usually hit with one bullet out of twenty in shooters ._.

I'm really curious about the story, I read a little here and there about it, and it seems very interesting. Unfortunately I came across spoilers and already know the "would you kindly..." thing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@morrow: Thats a shame as thats basically the crux of the entire story. I'd say that at least 50% of everyone's enjoyment of Bioshock stems from that reveal. The gameplay itself is ok but the revita-chambers and non-regenerating health made some enemy encounters just seem silly as you constantly die and run back to finish off your wounded enemies.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Last time I played it was around 2009. I remember it because I was playing this and Mass Effect back to back.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@morrow: Thats a shame as thats basically the crux of the entire story. I'd say that at least 50% of everyone's enjoyment of Bioshock stems from that reveal. The gameplay itself is ok but the revita-chambers and non-regenerating health made some enemy encounters just seem silly as you constantly die and run back to finish off your wounded enemies.

Yeah I know, that's probably like having the Sixth Sense spoiled... but oh well, my fault for reading too much into the wiki. But I can enjoy a game regardless of spoilers. I knew every little detail of Spec Ops: The Line before I played it and still count it to my favourite games :)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morrow: I was in the same boat as you actually. Only I had originally started the game on PC and through various upgrades lost the saves. I didn't really want to restart the entire game at the time so I decided to just see what the fuss was about and read up on the story. Later on I got a change of heart as everyone kept saying what an amazing game it is and I had just recently gotten my first 360 so I re-purchased the game for that system and played through it. I can't say I really enjoyed playing Bioshock all that much, but the atmosphere and design overall was really breathtaking. Even though death wasn't ever an issue I still got pretty antsy in some areas, hearing distant water splashes as splicers moved about - or the heavy foot falls of a Big Daddy.

I think it's still a pretty great experience overall, just wish the actual shooting part was a bit more fun.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: If dying isn't a big issue it's a good shooter for me :D I'm clumsy as hell.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morrow: You just re-appear in a Vita chamber! I think you should really enjoy the garden level given your gardening background!

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: And the enemies don't regenerate their health? I expect to have some trouble with Big Daddies... haven't encountered one yet though.

A gardening level? :D Sounds cool ^^ I'm still in the beginning, in the Medical Pavillion, looking for Dr Steinman. I take my time and explore a lot :)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morrow: Nope, you take off a chunk from a Big Daddy's healths and even if he kills you then you'll respawn nearby and his health will still be chipped. Thats why dying is sort of a non-issue since you can take down everything through sheer attrition. YES, there is an entire section that takes place in these gardens that have overgrown everything (at least I'm pretty sure thats Bioshock 1 and not Bioshock 2!) Unfortunately theres no mini-game to lay down fertilizer, and pull weeds, sorry Morrow!

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Morrow

@humanity: lol not that I would be interested in such a thing anyway :P

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Hector

I played 2 about a month ago but I haven't played the first one in almost a year or two.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

About two years ago when I did my no Vita Chamber/Wrench only run. Pretty fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.