Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

What would you want out of a new Bioshock?

• 59 results
    an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wish for them to try and outdo Levine and shame the industry with a better way to tell a story. Although I don't think Infinite deserved all the lip service at the time, it was at least a step towards even better story telling. I can't say this for sure, but maybe more subtle changes in character narration based on what your character is doing like Firewatch would be cool. Though I haven't played that yet to be sure if they pulled it off well.

Combat-wise I think just improve in general, but there's no shortage of ideas there. Infinite wasn't that interesting a shooter in the end.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care about the setting. I'm sure they would come up with something neat.

I just want them to add the depth back to the franchise. System Shock 2 was a masterpiece, but with every subsequent release came more banal first-person shooting and less cool rpg-hybrid.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By youeightit

I think Soma pretty much did what I wanted a new Bioshock game to do.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

A new System Shock.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man, I don't know. A revisit to Rapture could be cool, and I kind of like the Outlast/FPS horror angle you're going for. What if Adam was turning undersea life into sea horrors, and you had to contend with that along with splicers that were way further mutated and gone than they were in Bioshock. You had enough weaponry to fend off the splicers but you need to GTFO when the sea horrors attack. I don't know who I'd trust to pull that off though. I never played Burial At Sea, so maybe that could get expanded into a full release prequel. I wouldn't hate that but again the right people need to be onboard because it could go south real quick.

I take back everything I said. In my defense, I was hopped up on prescription strength pain killers and clearly not myself.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a city like snowpiercer? But it's not permanetly on a train, so you can see several different environments.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@beardandcompany: I'm describing a game where they play to the amazing strengths of Bioshock instead of ruining the pacing with poor gameplay.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I want a big daddy zip-lining in the sky and the twist is that he killed himself because capitalism

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

New places could be amazing (my pitch is a scientific research camp on a snow-covered mountain), but then again, that snippet of Rapture in Bioshock Infinite was bloody brilliant... I should go back and finish that Bioshock Infinite DLC!

Avatar image for deactivated-5879a8792e775
    deactivated-5879a8792e775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: You want a Bioshock game...that's shorter..that isn't a shooter. That's not a Bioshock game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.