Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioWare

Company »

BioWare is a game company that is currently owned by Electronic Arts (EA). It specializes in making role playing games that usually involve deep and engaging stories.

Bioware reps shutting down any ME3 threads critical of EA

• 74 results
    xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By xbob42

saying that EA's internal decisions are "no one else's business"

Hmm. As a consumer of their products, I'd say it's very much my business who fucked up the game I've been waiting for and have purchased.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By zeforgotten
    @xbob42 said:

Hmm. As a consumer of their products, I'd say it's very much my business who fucked up the game I've been waiting for and have purchased.

"Fucked up" how? 
    Fucked it up because it's not what you wanted in a game? 
    Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By darkdragonmage99
    @xbob42: dam straight when i basically pay your paycheck it is my  business  what you do with my money
    xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By xbob42

@ZeForgotten said:

@xbob42 said:

"Fucked up" how?

...Yeah? What kind of stupid question is that?

Should I be happy that it's something that Tony Danza wanted out of a game?

This isn't a goddamn charity. They want my money, they have to earn it.

This isn't just ME who isn't satisfied. Thanks.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By Dagbiker

First they break your lines of communication, then they make you buy something that you never wanted in the first place. Then they double charge your account.

This was their plan all along.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By GreggD

@xbob42 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@xbob42 said:

"Fucked up" how?

You seem to be in the vocal minority, here. I think the game is great, as do numerous others. It's not their job to make something that appeals to one specific person, it's their job to make something good and worth your money. Which ME3 is. You just happen to not like it, which is understandable. But go tell it to who you bought it from, point of sale.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By xbob42

it's their job to make something good and worth your money. Which ME3 is.

Have to agree to disagree, then.

My standards for a Mass Effect game didn't come from some imaginary realm, it came from standards that Bioware set themselves. They disappointed me in innovation, writing, character dynamics, and even somehow length. It wasn't like the jump from ME1 -> ME2 that, while it lost some RPG elements, felt like a much bigger title. But that alone would be fine, that's a big jump to make. But it felt like they cut out a bunch of 2 and reskinned it and called it 3. And that is absolutely not acceptable.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By stinky

@LordXavierBritish: whats the story behind stanry roo?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@stinky said:

@LordXavierBritish: whats the story behind stanry roo?

He is a Bioware forum moderator notorious for locking threads and editing posts, and he always ends his posts with "End of Line."

He pretty much became a symbol for Bioware's questionable moderation policies in much the same way Jennifer Hepler became a symbol for the drop in quality writing in Bioware games.

Also he is asian.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@xbob42 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@xbob42 said:

"Fucked up" how?

So here's how consumer transactions actually work.

They release a product.  You make a value judgement and decide to purchase it or not.  You may be accurate or get surprised, but the information is out there.

You don't hand them the money first and then complain that you didn't get what you wanted.  You don't get to demand what a company makes unless you own it.

Are you nuts?
    Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Rohok

I reported Stanley Woo's post and told him it was our business since we're the ones who fund your game. Whether or not EA lays down the money for them to start their project we're the ones who shell out the cash for them to be a success.

I'm sure I'll get banned and lose all the DLC I paid so much money for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rohok said:

I reported Stanley Woo's post and told him it was our business since we're the ones who fund your game. Whether or not EA lays down the money for them to start their project we're the ones who shell out the cash for them to be a success.

Wow man.  I guess I'm entitled to take a shit in the dairy section of Safeway since I fund their store.

Are you guys just super young and have never actually had a job or are you completely fucking crazy?!
    Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rohok

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

Wow man. I guess I'm entitled to take a shit in the dairy section of Safeway since I fund their store. Are you guys just super young and have never actually had a job or are you completely fucking crazy?!

That has nothing to do with it. You're entitled to tell Safeway their service is shit and tell them to clean up their act because you're a paying customer. But because you can get those particular food items elsewhere you're not obligated to go to Safeway. But since only Bioware and EA sell and make Mass Effect, you have to go to them for Mass Effect. There are no alternative Mass Effect games made by different developers. If you want that game and you want your character you are required to go to them for it.

So yes, we're entitled to call them shitheads for fucking it up. And if you think it wasn't fucked up then more power to you- enjoy your game. But others obviously aren't and want to make that clear.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By clumsyninja1

The amusing thing is those people that complain about EA and Bioware games, they keep buying them. In my case I enjoy them for what they are. At the end of the day, if you don't like don't purchase it. Vote with your wallet; then again, people like to complain...

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By Dagbiker
    @Rohok

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

Wow man. I guess I'm entitled to take a shit in the dairy section of Safeway since I fund their store. Are you guys just super young and have never actually had a job or are you completely fucking crazy?!

That has nothing to do with it. You're entitled to tell Safeway their service is shit and tell them to clean up their act because you're a paying customer. But because you can get those particular food items elsewhere you're not obligated to go to Safeway. But since only Bioware and EA sell and make Mass Effect, you have to go to them for Mass Effect. There are no alternative Mass Effect games made by different developers. If you want that game and you want your character you are required to go to them for it.

So yes, we're entitled to call them shitheads for fucking it up. And if you think it wasn't fucked up then more power to you- enjoy your game. But others obviously aren't and want to make that clear.

You are fully with in your right as an American? to call EA shitheads, and Bioware is entitled to lock any thread they want for any reason they want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rohok said:

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

That has nothing to do with it. You're entitled to tell Safeway their service is shit and tell them to clean up their act because you're a paying customer.

And they're entitled to tell you to leave.  I have to do it to people daily who think that a transaction allows them to act like wild Goddamn animals in my workspace.   Buying a game that someone made does not make them your personal toilet to treat however you want. 

Consider what this is actually about; the rights of a moderator of a forum to moderate that forum.
    GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GreggD

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

That has nothing to do with it. You're entitled to tell Safeway their service is shit and tell them to clean up their act because you're a paying customer.

And they're entitled to tell you to leave. I have to do it to people daily who think that a transaction allows them to act like wild Goddamn animals in my workspace. Buying a game that someone made does not make them your personal toilet to treat however you want.

Consider what this is actually about; the rights of a moderator of a forum to moderate that forum.

Well put.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By darkdragonmage99
    @Brodehouse:  It could be about the rights of the consumer. It all depends on what side you are on you either care more about the million dollar corporation's feelings more or you care about the consumer base's ability to voice it's opinion where it should matter the most.  

The moderators are simply doing their job it's the higher ups that decide what that job is. 
    moondogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By moondogger

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

And they're entitled to tell you to leave. I have to do it to people daily who think that a transaction allows them to act like wild Goddamn animals in my workspace. Buying a game that someone made does not make them your personal toilet to treat however you want.

Quoted for sanity.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@Brodehouse said:
    @Rohok said:

@Brodehouse said:

@Rohok said:

And they're entitled to tell you to leave.  I have to do it to people daily who think that a transaction allows them to act like wild Goddamn animals in my workspace.   Buying a game that someone made does not make them your personal toilet to treat however you want. 

No Caption Provided
    tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By tourgen

what a weird thing to worry about

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GreggD

@tourgen said:

what a weird thing to worry about

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BlatantNinja23

I don't really get why EA gets so much hate on this one. ME 3 would have been the same game under almost any other publisher. If anything EA maybe gave the resources for Bioware to be able to hire more people, allowing the game to be more polished or have more content.

I honestly just see this as people already not liking EA, playing a game from a dev they like, not liking the game, and then obvious because Bioware can do no wrong blaming it on the one other thing attached to the game.

By the way, I'd be surprised by the amount of people who worked on ME 3, even worked at bioware during the KOTOR days let alone even ME 1. The people in studios change, so their games change.

I don't look at the 99 - 00 Lakers and then look at them today, see the only familiar faces of kobe and fisher and assume I'm going to see the same product on the court.

All this crazy ME stuff is reminding me of when people bitched about dvd cases that had holes in them so it used less plastic. Internet be crazy.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By zeforgotten
    @BlatantNinja23 said:

I don't really get why EA gets so much hate on this one. ME 3 would have been the same game under almost any other publisher. If anything EA maybe gave the resources for Bioware to be able to hire more people, allowing the game to be more polished or have more content.

I honestly just see this as people already not liking EA, playing a game from a dev they like, not liking the game, and then obvious because Bioware can do no wrong blaming it on the one other thing attached to the game.

By the way, I'd be surprised by the amount of people who worked on ME 3, even worked at bioware during the KOTOR days let alone even ME 1. The people in studios change, so their games change.

I don't look at the 99 - 00 Lakers and then look at them today, see the only familiar faces of kobe and fisher and assume I'm going to see the same product on the court.

All this crazy ME stuff is reminding me of when people bitched about dvd cases that had holes in them so it used less plastic. Internet be crazy.

It just comes down to the same old thing:
    "Oh wow, that popular guy was hating on EA and Bioware, I should totally do that too! that way someone has to agree with me and I won't feel like a fucking failure all the time" 
    That's it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.