Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioWare

Company »

BioWare is a game company that is currently owned by Electronic Arts (EA). It specializes in making role playing games that usually involve deep and engaging stories.

Downloading DLC from Bioware

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently purchased Mass Effect 2 on Steam and I wanted to play through it with some of the DLC so I went to Bioware social, purchased their stupid fucking bioware points and bought the DLC. Now I'm trying to download them and the download speed is absolutely abysmal it never goes over 80kb/s and sometimes it just goes to 0 and stays there for minutes at a time.

Is this just the way it's always been? It's nothing on my end causing this problem. As of this writing I've had Lair of the Shadow Broker (1.5gb file) downloading for close to four hours and it's not even halfway done.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The only time I've ever downloaded DLC from Bioware directly it was when Bring Down the Sky for ME1 was free and I don't remember the download speed being particularly terrible but it's been a long time.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you tried activating ME2 on Origin and downloading the DLC directly from there?

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

They were never fast but 80kb/s is really slow.. I remember downloading the dlc overnight and specifically storing it somewhere because I didn't want to go through the download process again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dave_tacitus: Thank you so much, I did what you said and now I'm getting my usual download speeds. I had no idea that I could do that as I've never used Origin before, I figured I would've had to have bought the game from there to do anything with it.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theveteran13: No problem mate. Don't use Origin a lot but always found their speeds pretty good and remember migrating ME2 across a while back. Bioware's DLC used to be a complete pain in the ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.