EA Merging Bioware and Mythic Studios

#1 Edited by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

"EA is merging their two top roleplaying game developers, Bioware and Mythic, into one massive RPG group, with BioWare's co-founder Ray Muzyka taking the lead and Mythic's Mark Jacobs taking a powder.
Creating what is effectively a massively multiplayer RPG development juggernaut, EA has tapped Muzukya to become Group General Manager of their new RPG/MMO Group, with fellow BioWare

co-founder Greg Zeschuk acting as Group Creative Officer. With the departure of Mythic's Mark Jacobs, Mythic co-founder Rob Denton will step up as the General Manager of Mythic, reporting directly to Muzukya. BioWare's operations will remain unchanged.

So in effect, EA has handed the reins of Mythic over to BioWare, blurring the lines between the two entities by organizing them under one group. It's sad to see Mark Jacobs go, as he was a major contributor to the success of Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, but it should be very interesting to see what direction WAR travels in now that Dr. Ray is at the helm."

I'm not sure whether this is good or bad yet, I don't like the fact EA are messing with BioWare, but if the article is right in saying that they've essentially been given the reigns for Mythic.. then I don't think it will be so bad.

(Source.)

#2 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
I'm not sure whether this is good or bad yet, I don't like the fact EA are messing with BioWare, but if the article is right in saying that they've essentially been given the reigns for Mythic.. then I don't think it will be so bad.
Yea, I'm not sure if we should care. So long as Bioware is ok.
#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This better not fuck with ToR

#4 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" This better not fuck with ToR "
Or indeed any BioWare game.
#5 Edited by Luke (1609 posts) -

This feels like a gewd move to me! 

This is probably for them to all team-up and make Star Wars: The Old Republic the only chance of being a WoW Killer. 

Seeing Paul Barnett in interviews, along-side the Bioware Doctors, will just be full of win.

#6 Posted by Unstoppable (78 posts) -

At least Mark jacobs is gone. Sry for the Cryptic post but that guy was such a douchebag.
#7 Posted by Jeust (10493 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" @CL60 said:
" This better not fuck with ToR "
Or indeed any BioWare game. "
it's better to keep a winning formula, than changing it. 
#8 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

Are you telling me that Paul Barnett is officialy working at Bioware? That's great news! :)

#9 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

As long as Bioware remains in control, I'm happy with it.

#10 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

This is a 9 month old thread....

#11 Posted by DeviantJoker (398 posts) -
@Dany said:
" This is a 9 month old thread.... "
I don't know why... but that cracked me up. XD
#12 Posted by Lambert (404 posts) -

Looks like it didn't do much since they just released GOTY 2010.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.