Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bit.Trip Beat

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 16, 2009

Bit.Trip Beat is a retro-styled rhythm game released in 2009 that combines elements of Breakout or Pong with chiptune music.

This game is giving me a hard time

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

You know, I consider myself a fairly decent gamer with a generally good feeling of rhythm, but this game is destroying me. Is it just me or is this game pretty hard? I especially struggle with the "swarm of bouncing blocks" phases . When I don't get into the correct rhythm right away, I am missing like 80% of those because I move the paddle exactly where I shouldn't. It's as if my brain just does exactly the opposite of what the pattern suggests. And some of the later parts are downright devious. I hardly made it through the second level and beating "Growth" is pretty much out of the question.

Also, the concentration combined with the smooth movement and the neon gives me a nasty muffled headache every time I play this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.