A Bizarre Goodbye

#51 Posted by Lifestrike (482 posts) -
hooray for sad trailers week!
#52 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

So disappointing. I wish all of them luck, they were very very far from being a bad developer, definitely put out some great games. 

#53 Edited by ddaydj (13 posts) -

! Sketches of Moondays <3 

Edit: and now I learn that  Clair de lune is a classical piece and not an original song from some obscure japan only playstation rpg.

#54 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

Fucking activision ruining everything. GLHB to all the folks out of a job hopefully they land on their feet.

#55 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

One of the saddest closures in game history. They weren't shut down because they made bad games. They were shut down because the people that controlled their fate made bad decisions.

#56 Posted by sephirm87 (230 posts) -
@SuperSambo:  PGR can't be 100% controlled by Activision, and everything else they did were good, but not as good as Activision must have wanted.  Geometry Wars must have just been hard to make 15 more sequels for, so for all these reasons, Activision pulled the plug on Bizarre Creations.
#57 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

From a business point of view, the fact that nobody was interest in buying them probably means Activiosion were right to shut them.

From a personal point of view, always sad when this many ppl lose their jobs.

#58 Posted by GreyFoxV1 (63 posts) -

Sorry to see them go. Fucking Activision.

#59 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

well that's terrible.  The geometry wars games are GREAT.  Good luck to all of them.  Sometimes good things come from moving on - maybe some of them form or join up with a studio that makes the next big thing in gaming.

#60 Posted by angelfan91 (891 posts) -

There was no reason for this.  Way to go Boby. :(
#61 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Sad to see this happen. :(

#62 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

PGR, Blur and Geometry Wars were all really amazing games..  It's very disappointing to see them go, and it really sucks for those guys that have lost their jobs but they'll no doubt start up a new studio, they have some really great talent and have made some great games. 

Really have to question why they left Microsoft only to go to Activision though.  I said this would happen as soon as the buy out was announced.

#63 Edited by darkjester74 (1571 posts) -

Here's hoping all those guys and gals land on their feet.  You will be missed, Bizarre.

#64 Posted by BioHzrd (4 posts) -

Yet another British gaming company down the pan....no thanks to the government !

#65 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

A shame, geometry wars was the shit.

#66 Posted by ruffedgz (117 posts) -
#67 Edited by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

One of my favorite piano tracks of all time. Sad to see them go as their games were great.

#68 Posted by slowbird (1634 posts) -

they made great games.  I feel partly responsible for their demise by not buying Blur when it came out.  That game is great online.

#69 Posted by FinalDasa (1494 posts) -

WHAT?! 
:(

#70 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

Not much of a retrospective, though. Was hoping to see some of their older games as well.

#71 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

B-b-but...I liked them :(

#73 Posted by Darth_Mercer (65 posts) -

Rest in peace, Bizzare Creations. May Kotick one day get his.

#74 Posted by Entmoot (96 posts) -

Da-svi-da-niya

#75 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

Best of luck to everybody affected.
#76 Posted by filtersweep (16 posts) -

How in the world does a dev with this pedigree get shitcanned?  I'm stupefied over here. 

#77 Posted by bko (131 posts) -

They single-handedly brought the twin stick shooter back.

And Activision single-handedly fucked up another great studio. 

Hope the talent makes a comeback at a publisher that knows how to take care of talent.

#78 Posted by dagas (2746 posts) -

PGR2 is the only game I know that has a Swedish city in it.

#79 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

Get ready for Geometry Wars 3,4 and 5 from Neversoft coming next month!

#80 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2377 posts) -

Remember the good times.

#81 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Just what Liverpool needs: More people on the dole.

#82 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@BioHzrd said:
" Yet another British gaming company down the pan....no thanks to the government ! "
What?
#83 Posted by mrsmiley (1056 posts) -

So bizarre (lol?) that such a good studio would be dissolved, when so many studios pumping out terrible games are going strong. Sad. Great choice of music, that's my favorite song from Ocean's Eleven. :)

#84 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Another british developer down the drain... such a shame :(

#85 Posted by MeatSim (10768 posts) -

Good luck people at Bizarre Creations.

#86 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

I'll Bizzarely miss you.

#87 Posted by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

That was really a downer, such a talented studio. Yet another victim of bloody Activision.  

Hate Activision with a deep and heartfelt passion. 

#88 Posted by AndyMP (226 posts) -

Played some Geo Wars, Blur and PGR4 earlier in tribute. Three games that are still as great as the day I first played them. Best wishes go to the Bizarre Creations staff. Hopefully they can reinvent themselves and come back stronger ? Maybe....

#89 Posted by Portis (1285 posts) -

:(

#90 Posted by Sammann31415 (67 posts) -

What a sad story!  Geometry Wars was pretty much the reason why I played PGR in the first place.  What they did to the twin-stick shooter will always have its place in gaming history.

#91 Posted by Valkyr (667 posts) -

I still play Blur and Geometry Wars, can't say the same of some shitty games that sold a lot more copies, gamers used to be smart, wtf happened to us?, start playing more good games instead of getting another prestige in black ops

#92 Posted by Flow72 (30 posts) -

Not gonna miss'em.

#93 Posted by cikame (970 posts) -

I played PGR4, Geometry Wars 1 and 2 and Bloodstone.
I have a friend who plays Blur online very often.

This is a very sad day indeed.

#94 Posted by OtakuGamer (1224 posts) -

Lets hope the masses get bored of Call of Duty, they have to someday right?

#95 Edited by Siphillis (1290 posts) -

Ironically, Bizarre left Microsoft because they weren't promoting their games, and they figured Activision would help the studio find a larger audience.

I wonder who owns the Geometry Wars license.

#96 Posted by JayDubya (141 posts) -

Bizarre's games, online community and forum made me gain a lot of friends around the world.
Hope everyone will find a new place to work soon.
We'll miss you!

Oh, and FU Activision!

#97 Posted by FixtheFernBack (29 posts) -

:,,,(

#98 Edited by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Didn't this happen a while ago, or was it just a rumor that it might be happening? 

Either way, this sucks.  

Edit: Fuck you Activision.

#99 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

And the 2011 game developer genocide continues.

#100 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Shame. I actually enjoyed Blood Stone. Best of luck to those dudes!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.