A Bizarre Goodbye

#201 Posted by ScreamingFist (362 posts) -

R.I.P Bizarre Creations

#202 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Pour out a 40.
#203 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Fuckin' Activision. I hope Microsoft or maybe even Sony picks up the ex-employee's.

#204 Posted by Cybexx (1165 posts) -

I think this is going to make PGR5 real awkward when that comes out, since its being developed by Turn 10. I kind of blame the sales of PGR4 somewhat on the fact that Forza 2 was delayed by a year and ended up resulting in it coming out only a handful of months before PGR4.

#205 Posted by Blue_Cube (166 posts) -

Lets hope Bizzare Creations will get picked by another publisher. God knows nintendo could use some good first party talent.

#206 Posted by hexxagonal (38 posts) -

it's sad that a developer at the top of it's game had to go.

#207 Posted by Zabant (1236 posts) -

What a pointless waste of a good thing.

#208 Posted by Trifork89 (73 posts) -

When i bought my first Xbox 360 in 2005 PGR3 was one of my first games for the system.. I don't usually play racing games, but god damn was PGR3 good! 

Farewell Bizzare Creations, you will be dearly missed.
#209 Posted by cooljammer00 (1647 posts) -

Loving the slow but sure open contempt for Activision from the gaming press.

#210 Posted by Lingxor (422 posts) -

:'(

#211 Posted by buzz_clik (6971 posts) -

Going through the list of games they developed, I own no less than seven games by Bizarre Creations. I think I'll go home tonight, pop my Fatal Rewind cart in and enjoy it all over again as a tip of the hat to an awesome developer that didn't deserve to get cut off at the knees.

#212 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Eh. Lots of people lose their jobs all the time. Not going to waste my time feeling sad for all of them all the time. May as well put a bullet in my head because I would be fucking depressed, also that video sucked.

#213 Posted by arcadmix (41 posts) -

sad news

#214 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Sad news, hopefully other European devs will snap up these super talented people. 

P.S I fucking love Claire de Lune.

#215 Posted by Daveydave (131 posts) -

sad. no hope for a geometry wars 3 now. 

Thanks for the good times!

#216 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

It is a sad day for Bizarre and a sad day for Bizarre fans. At least they still own the Geometry Wars IP. Hopefully the community stays around on Blur. I still put that one in every once in a while.  

I will pour one out tonight when I go home.
#217 Posted by Xtacles (44 posts) -

Blur on the PC wasn't a buggy useless mess that barely ran properly. The Club wasn't more or less ignored entirely by everyone and Bloodstone wasn't ignored either. We can blame Activision all night long but at the end of the day, Bizarre Creations signed on the dotted line and most people skipped over what they released.

#218 Posted by lasafrog (124 posts) -

Man I really did love Activision growing up. They did wonders on the C-64 but holy hell, what have they turned into. It seems they're as cold as they come. Such a bummer.
#219 Posted by Toxin066 (3283 posts) -

Thanks for the memories, Bizarre Creations.

#220 Posted by TheHT (11155 posts) -

Holy smokes, they've been around for a good long while.

#221 Posted by MajorToms (366 posts) -

I hope they stick together and do digital releases. Activision eats up talent, but the digital download era brings new possibilities for small developers without publishing backing. Let's hope they move on together.

#222 Posted by shinluis (428 posts) -

this is bloody sad. i can only wish best of luck to everyone there

#223 Posted by AxleBro (798 posts) -

they got dissolved because the suits made them make that shitty 007 game... these guys make racing games bro, why the fuck would you try to make them make a shooter

#224 Posted by JeffGerstmann2011 (3 posts) -

Rip bizarre 1996 2011..

#225 Posted by Hector (3360 posts) -

My first game on 360 was PGR3. Farewell Bizarre!!! We'll miss you!!

#226 Posted by knightlyknave (118 posts) -

Well, can't say that I liked any of their games, so . . .

#227 Posted by Tebbit (4461 posts) -

For you:  

#228 Posted by ginono (4 posts) -

good bye !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.