Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Black Prophecy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

A free-to-play massively multiplayer online space-sim. Able to support instances of up to 300 players simultaneously, Black Prophecy is built around the concept of large scale fleet engagements.

Yo dogs, get some beta keys.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pinworm45

Black Prophecy is now in closed beta in North America (released in UK). 

Black Prophecy is a f2p 3d space MMO. 

mmorpg.com currently has about 3700 beta keys left (second news article). 

Here's the trailer for the game: 

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rattle618

I had no idea this existed... I'll check it out, seems interesting. Thanks :)

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Butler

This gave me chills. I'll definitely check it out!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

I believe its only an EU beta by the way.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jayjonesjunior

bark, bark.

AshleyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AshleyWins

It looks decent, I'll give it a look.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pinworm45
    @Mikemcn said:
    " I believe its only an EU beta by the way. "
    The game has released as Free to Play in UK. It is now in Closed Beta in NA. The link I gave is giving away NA beta keys.
    Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twitchey
    @Pinworm45:  Already started my download. This game looks intense. Really something I can sink my teeth into until Skyrim comes out. I already got the beta key. There are about 3,000 left.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pinworm45

Okay, so I've played for 2 hours. I'll post some info for those who care: 

Are you one of the seemingly many people (for a genre considered a niche, anyway) who wants a god damn space shooting game that isn't mind numbingly boring as Eve (which I love by the way, but come on.. the average gameplay isn't much fun, it's the events that happen that make it good)? Well.. this might actually be the game we've been waiting for. 

It's actually.. pretty good.  

Let's start with the bad though. 

First of all, the voice acting is terrible. Absolutely terrible. Also, they say Frak. I guess Battlestar did it, so that's a space word now? Pretty obnoxious. It's also buggy and a bit stuttery - but this is a brand new launch of a beta. You can't ask for more. Some bugs include the tutorial restarting after you beat it. You basically get a victory video (the start of the game is like a story, kinda cool actually), then it just starts again. You beat it again then it works fine, or you can relog when it restarts and skips it, but certainly an off putting bug. 

Now, the good. 

The control is good and FUN. This is a aim-where-you-shoot space game. No selecting a ship and then hitting 1 and waiting while slow projectiles waddle to the enemy ships. This is a pull some coolass maneuvres and shoot lead (or lazers if that's your thing) at enemies. It's fun. And it's awesome. 

The graphics are really good. Lots of detail. Lots of ship customization (your entire ship is basically modules which you can replace, offering different stats as well as different visuals. You can change basically everything - your wings, your engines, and it modifies your ships look). Battles look cool and explosive. Backgrounds are really good. 

And IMO the best, which makes little sense to me given my first con - the music. It's really good. Really really good. And thank god for that, because it covers up the voice acting. 

Voice acting is generally an overall indicator of game quality - generally. It is not here. It was the first thing to put me off, but then the awesome tutorial got me back into it and I had a lot of fun and didn't want to stop playing despite having to get up early tomorrow (and stay out all night, because it's my birthday now, which I forgot thanks to this game). 

So yeah. Definitely try this if you're into a space game. The voice acting sucks, but so far, the rest makes up for it. If these bugs get fixed, this game might actually be what many of us have been hoping for.  

Edit: Also, outside of the intro videos and npc combat speak that's ignorable, the VO isn't really an issue. But it's bad enough to earn mention

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar

I don't know what taking them so long, but I cannot log in from America at this time. Hopefully, its a matter of my luck having server downtime at the exact time I finish downloading the thing, but I think I'm gonna call it a night so I can wake up early tomorrow to just maybe play this. 

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pinworm45

just over 2000 left

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By ESREVER

I just played the tutorial bit, and I got to say I'm impressed. The shooting was fun, it didn't even feel like a MMO. The music makes things intense and I didn't find the voice-acting to be as horrible as I expected. Though the constant usage of "Frak" is a bit tiring. 

The Facial stuff for character creation is pretty good, though I don't know how much you see of your character's face. The hair though, is pretty atrocious. I spent 20 minutes trying to get a blonde that didn't look like my hair has been radiated. Which is unfortunate. At least they do eyes right. 

Overall this is a quality game I'd say. Is this really gonna be F2P? Or will you have to buy it when it comes out? This seems way to good to be free.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Rattle618 said:
    " I had no idea this existed... "
    me neither. adding to the 2011 Releases List. thanks !

no interest in the game whatsoever though
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Pinworm45: alright this is gonna sound real stupid, but I got a key, I downloaded the the game, but I have no idea where to tell the game I have a key. The only place I saw so far on the website is to register, but that seems more like a place to get in line for a key, and not I got a key already, let me play. 
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pinworm45
    @ESREVER said:
    "  Overall this is a quality game I'd say. Is this really gonna be F2P? Or will you have to buy it when it comes out? This seems way to good to be free. "
    It'll be F2P with a premium marketplace 

@StaticFalconar said:
    " @Pinworm45: alright this is gonna sound real stupid, but I got a key, I downloaded the the game, but I have no idea where to tell the game I have a key. The only place I saw so far on the website is to register, but that seems more like a place to get in line for a key, and not I got a key already, let me play.  "
    You enter your key at  http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/beta/  

if you don't have an account with them yet, use Create Account next to Game Account Name.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Pinworm45: thank you.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

No idea what this is, but now im interested. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.