Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Black & White

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 25, 2001

A highly ambitious real-time strategy game, Black & White casts players in the role of a newborn god responsible for cultivating a loyal following of human worshipers and interacting with a sophisticated artificial intelligence in the shape of a large anthropomorphic animal.

Re-release a HDified Kinect enabled Black & White.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Phr4nk0

I can't have been the first person to have had this thought. The lack of great Kinect games combined with the recent slate of HD re-releases have lead me to this conclusion:

I want Lionhead to put Black and White on the 360 with HD graphics and Kinect enabled controls.

The whole control scheme was based around being the hand of god, dragging yourself around the land, patting your creature even performing gestures to summon spells. I loved Black & White but I never remembered finishing it, this could be the best thing Kinect has seen, plus I can't wait to sucker punch my cow for shitting on a villager before slinging it's poop at rival gods.

If they wanted to go above and beyond maybe utilize the Kinect voice recognition for calling your creature and teaching it tricks and casting spells. Add some extra quests. Release extra creatures and secondary creature skins with the game or as DLC. Maybe even exclusive Xbox 360 only island to try and get everyone who has finished it back for some new content. Take my idea and my money.

That or maybe just take all the ideas above and make Black and White 3.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pezen

At first I really enjoyed Black and White because you could throw people into the ocean and bitch slap your pet. But then it turned into a game and that wasn't as much fun.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By carlthenimrod

I like the idea of a Black and White utilizing the Kinect but it would have to be a completely new game built around the Kinect. Slapping Kinect functionality into the original would stink.

Grimnazra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grimnazra

I like both games but feel burnt from how b&w 2 has 0 skirimish mode and the first 1 does? wtf b&w screams skirmish u can actually SKIRMISH in it ya know with armys what the word means :( so agrovated i love this game genre but its only a few games i wish to god boiware would team up with black & white and make 1 were the villagers behave like people and not fricken morons and make the creatures look realer and for god sake all games need skirimish mode and or multplayer. I liked stronghold series but got burnt on the sh3 it has no skirmish or king maker i swear there needs to be a law sayin all games i like have to have skirmish and multiplayer lol

Grimnazra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grimnazra

Black&white)

Im playin a skirmish and the enemy ie is spamin the hell outa freeze creature hes starving and taken damege yet wont die :( im so agrovated cant get in touch with any sorta black & white help line (frickin brits i swear they make a game then say skrew help line buy it or dont) w/e man. any ways is there a comand or cheat type code to make him die or unfreeze hes practicaly cursed like in land 3 not relly but might as well be plz any advice is apreciated, o and does any 1 play this game online? id love to duel ya . post me on here if so:)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.