Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blacklight: Tango Down

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 07, 2010

A first-person shooter game for the PSN, XBLA, and PC from the team behind Saw and America's Army.

is there room for smaller shooters?

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By johnzimmerman

I was wondering;  Do smaller shooters (i.e. blacklight, cellfactor, etc.) have a place, next to halo, call of duty, battlefield, etc?  

blacklight came out last week,  i don't see a lot of players playing it.  which is too bad because i think it's a pretty good COD clone.  
    is it price? is 1200msp too much? too little? 

anyway, if your looking for a competent  shooter that's has some depth and is fairly cheap,  give this a shot.   you maybe surprised.

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By johnzimmerman

I was wondering;  Do smaller shooters (i.e. blacklight, cellfactor, etc.) have a place, next to halo, call of duty, battlefield, etc?  

blacklight came out last week,  i don't see a lot of players playing it.  which is too bad because i think it's a pretty good COD clone.  
    is it price? is 1200msp too much? too little? 

anyway, if your looking for a competent  shooter that's has some depth and is fairly cheap,  give this a shot.   you maybe surprised.

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By johnzimmerman

i know i got off topic really quick.  i can become easily distracted.

Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

In my honest opinion? No, not really, and I think it has more to do with the pool of dedicated multiplayer gamers than it does with the quality of these smaller titles. There are only so many players to go around, we're split between three major platforms, and we're constantly having the allure of the next big multiplayer releases tugging us in different directions. I think the majority of players find their franchise and stick with it, occasionalyl checking out something new when frustrattion or monotony begin to grate on them. Then they check out somethign new, be it BLTD, Lead and Gold, one of the other major franchises, etc. For the most part, though, I think they're usually temporary diversions and people tend to go back to their home game. 

tl;dr: People will poke at game like these and they'll enjoy a bit of life, but I doubt they'll hold a community's attention for especially long. 

As for the price, it depends entirely on how much community is left in the game at the time of purchase. $15 for a booming community is great while it lasts, but $15 for a game that you won't be able to find a match for is not at all worthwhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.