Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blackwater

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

A Kinect-based rail shooter for the Xbox 360 based on the controversial PMC.

Do Not Purchase This Game.

• 85 results
    Avatar image for solarisdeschain
    solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By solarisdeschain

@Dagbiker said:

@solarisdeschain

That doesn't really change the fact, though, that they've wantonly murdered non-combatants and have been described by sources inside the company as being run by a "Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe" and that Blackwater "encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life." I have an acquaintance who knew somebody who briefly joined Blackwater. He soon left, saying they were reckless and irresponsible. There are two reasons not to buy this game: 1. Don't support these people. 2. It will suck.

so your saying you knew a guy who new a guy who joined blackwater good source.

They're both marines. I trust them. You're welcome not to I guess.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Andorski

@Vodun said:

I'm looking forward to the Haliburton construction sim.

It's made by the same devs as Wall Street: 1%.

Avatar image for solarisdeschain
    solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By solarisdeschain

@Stonyman65 said:

The majority of work they do now is domestic (private security, emergency response). The days of Blackwater/Xe operating in war zones if pretty much over.

Silver lining to every cloud, I guess.

FUMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By FUMN

@Teran: Or people dont supply evidence when the concept is so elementary. Like when saying gravity keeps things down. Or that the radiation is not good for you. It does not require evidence to back it up. Now you would seem to argue that "oh no, radiation can be good for you" and you would make paragraphs arguing that the statement was to overbearing, pointing out the fact that radiation has cured cancer, and that the other party is idiotic. You insult and state that other people are dumb just because they don't agree with you on a moral issue. Its a matter of how much a human life is worth. Does a few tons of protected food shipments outweigh the deaths of innocent civilians? Could some other party step into the role of Blackwater and protect? Such as a national army?

Also you make the case that people who dislike Blackwater have read websites that have an agenda to make people mindless slaves? So Wikipedia, CNN, Foxnews, Reuters and every other news outlet has a cohesive agenda to make people hate Blackwater? All the former mentioned news outlets have no intention to spread the truth?

I would not see you come so quickly to defend Blackwater had your mother been killed by one of their highly paid soldiers who went awol.

My rage is not misdirected. I can be upset at multiple people at the same time. I am upset that Blackwater is so overtly trying to get back into the light that it is sickening. I am upset blackwater exist and is employed when it has time and time again shown that it is an ill managed and poorly trained company that has caused unnecessary collateral damage.

Here are some sources BTW. Just so you cant call me dumb.

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-10-01/world/iraq.blackwater.secondshooting_1_nisoor-square-blackwater-convoy-blackwater-contractors?_s=PM:WORLD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_Baghdad_shootings

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311562,00.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/11/AR2007101101030.html

Just because somebody doesnt agree with you on a moral issue doesnt make them wrong.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#55  Edited By Hailinel

@Jumanji said:

Whatever dude... Argue that OIF was justified. Argue that "freedom isn't free" and that while we regret that we killed a million Iraqis post Gulf War 1 it was necessary and we're more morally upright for it. Argue anything you want along those lines. I'm telling you it will make you a tool.

Not as long as you continue to present your arguments in such an immature fashion.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Berserk007

Activison is company that makes money off of killing and war. Think about it

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jumanji
    @Hailinel said:

@Jumanji said:

Whatever dude... Argue that OIF was justified. Argue that "freedom isn't free" and that while we regret that we killed a million Iraqis post Gulf War 1 it was necessary and we're more morally upright for it. Argue anything you want along those lines. I'm telling you it will make you a tool.

Not as long as you continue to present your arguments in such an immature fashion.

Debate involves discussion, deliberation, and dissent, and it has nothing to do with giving everyone their hug at the appointed interval.
    me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By me3639

Already pre ordered.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#59  Edited By Hailinel

@Jumanji said:

@Hailinel said:

@Jumanji said:

Debate involves discussion, deliberation, and dissent, and it has nothing to do with giving everyone their hug at the appointed interval.

It also involves displaying a modicum of intellect and respect for your debate opponent. Not calling your opponents names for disagreeing with your ill-argued opinion.

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60  Edited By 42manZ

I actually hate to defend a PMC that has killed civillians, so I am not going to. What I am going to say, however, is that WikiLeaks, in one of it's earlier leaks, released that there were reports of American soldiers shooting civillians in the Iraq War too. I guess what I am trying to say is: Innocent People die when guns are fired in inhabited areas, shit happens.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pinworm45

Blackwater is a sweetass name for a PMC though, admit it

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By MikkaQ

Don't buy Super Monkey Ball because Dole made Honduras a banana republic.

mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By mtmckinley

@Captain_Felafel said:

It's from the dudes who made Blacklight Tango Down, so, you know.

Actually, the Blacklight team had nothing to do with it. The SAW team (also a part of Zombie Studios) made Blackwater. I should know, I was an artist on the SAW team and then the Blackwater team. The Blacklight team was made up of an entirely different team of people on a different floor of the building.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Pay a company to build something, let terrorists blow it up, pay someone to fire at them as they leave. Pay more to build it again, blow it up again. It's just redistributing tax dollars to companies with no product coming out of it.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By Samaritan

@mtmckinley said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

Actually, the Blacklight team had nothing to do with it. The SAW team (also a part of Zombie Studios) made Blackwater. I should know, I was an artist on the SAW team and then the Blackwater team. The Blacklight team was made up of an entirely different team of people on a different floor of the building.

Huh, interesting. See Internet? Assuming DOES make you look like an ass. My bad, then! Had no idea the studio was big enough to have two separate dev teams.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By Teran

@FUMN: Gravity keeps things down? What are you, six years old? Gravity is a force, what it does cannot be accurately described with words like "up" or "down" or do you think that a singularity is pulling everything "down" to it?

Your comments on radiation are even more humorous considering radiation is used in one of the most reliable cancer treatments we have thus far. Radiation seems pretty good when the alternative is dying sooner... but you don't need me to tell you that, you knew I'd crush your argument so you decided to do it for me in the same post. How cute.

All the web sites that have commented negatively about Blackwater have also commented negatively about President Obama. How seriously you take their comments is in direct corellation to whether you happen to agree with them or not... it has little or nothing to do with whether they are true or not.

Did you really just ask if a few tons of food is worth a innocent civilians dying? Living in your comfortable western lifestyle it's probably pretty hard imagining what it would be like going hungry. The situation is simple, do nothing and let people starve and die. Do something and risk an incident that may kill innocent people... or it may not. Or it may kill enemy terrorists... or it may kill the teams sent to protect the food.

Only an idiot posts like they know it all and tries to back it up with a few internet links. So they got investigated because of some incidents? Were the people responsible punished? That's what investigations are for, last time I checked at least.

Your disagreement isn't on any moral basis, it's based on ignorance. You have no idea what the consequences would be if Blackwater were removed entirely... actually you're worst than ignorant, you're dogmatic.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By scarace360

@FUMN said:

This is propaganda at his finest form. Blackwater is company that makes money off of killing and war. Think about it.

i love company's that make a profit that way gonna buy 5 copies!

FUMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FUMN

@Teran: My point exactly. You refuse to recognize the other persons opinion. You dismiss them as ignorant. Its name calling, and it shows how you prove your points.

LOL you argue that gravity does not keep things down. Nit picking. My point exactly!

Wow. You completely missed my point with the radiation point.

What does Obama have anything to do with this? You assume I am for Obama, you are mistaken.

You dismiss human life as if it is a number game. You go risk your life and then you can dismiss it. But before then, recognize that these innocents that you dismiss as mere figures are real people. People that did not choose to risk their lives. It's immoral to risk those peoples lives.

Only idiots post sources? So every news outlet is run by idiots? More name calling, real classy. OJ was investigated, but he wasnt punished. Troy Davis was investigated but he was executed. Investigations are not these infallible things. They are quite flawed. Especially when Blackwater has ties to the government.

You have no idea what the consequences of Blackwater being removed. Don't act like you do. I do not. But I would rather a company that has blood on its hands in the name of profit not exist then exist. And fucking stop calling me ignorant, it is a moral issue. just because you dismiss it as not does not make it so. This has to deal with profiteering off of war and who is responsible of the death of the innocents in 2007, so that is a moral issue. What is it? A financial issue?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@solarisdeschain: 17 compared to the thousands murdered on 9/11 and subsequent attacks.

I think they can swallow the loss of 17.

Also, I realize not all Iraqis supported what happened.

It isn't right to kill civilians but the way people are blowing it up is ridiculous.

Have any of the people complaining ever been to a warzone? Much less in a country where the enemy hide behind women and civilians as well as dressing like civilians?

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_Baghdad_shootings

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By TehFlan

Sure.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Azteck

What the fuck is even going on here.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Teran

@FUMN: I recognize the other person's opinion… how could I call it ignorant if I did not? The simple act of having an opinion does not make it informed, we had (perhaps still have) thousands of people all over the United States proving that point pretty recently.

I am very amused that anything I bring up that shows how shallow and baseless your opinion is you consider to be "nit picking". Failing to adhere to intellectual honesty in your postings might be a "nit" to you, but for the rest of us intellectual honesty is pretty important.

Human life is a number game, claiming anything else is a bit silly. I could be killed tomorrow by any number of things for any number of reasons. It is unfortunate but it is a simple fact of life. I make no claims that those who were killed were not "real people" to someone. They are as real to me as I would be to them if I died tomorrow.

Wow… so you're bringing morality into this as a factor? That's fine, but if we take your "it's immoral to risk those peoples lives" argument then we could easily justify everything that went on over there because it was very immoral to allow those people to be put at risk by their dictator. All the justification we'd need is that fewer people will die unjustly in a war than would have died unjustly at the hands of their leaders. It is immoral for us to witness someone being brutally beaten/raped/killed and not assist them.

Every news outlet is run by people with agendas… or are you under the impression that all our major sources of news are non-profit organizations…?

You don't want any companies with blood on their hands in the name of profit to exist? Well that's an interesting opinion. I don't know why you'd think life would be better without airplanes, cars, nice tasting food, domestic security companies, banks, and any number of other businesses that take calculated risks that the benefits of their product outweigh the consequences measured in human lives.

I'll stop calling you ignorant just as soon as you develop an informed opinion on this matter.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@Azteck said:

What the fuck is even going on here.

Just the usual piss-poor internet debates and belittling.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SharkEthic

@mtmckinley said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

Sooo, you worked on this game?

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@Berserk007 said:

Activison is company that makes money off of killing and war. Think about it

This is such bullshit. I absolutely despise Activision, but all they are doing is making games. Controversial themes? Probably. But you can't blame them for giving them what people want. People spend money for games based off of killing and war. That's in no way Activision's fault for supplying said games. Blame the people who buy them.

mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mtmckinley

@SharkEthic said:

@mtmckinley said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

Yep.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By napalm
    @mtmckinley said:

@SharkEthic said:

@mtmckinley said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

Yep.

Must suck to be you.
    mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mtmckinley

Actually, I kind of like being me, but thanks for your insight.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game looks pretty atrocious, though I find it funny that the game is called Blackwater, when the PMC changed their name to Academi a few years ago.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Berserk007

@Lunar_Aura: Not that I really care either way, there really isn't anything that would shock me out of a game, but at the same time games like Black water or any other games set in modern day conflicts where real people die everyday does glorify war and killing masked by a thin story. This is quite a stretch but if a game ever had a reenactment of the 9/11 tragedy from the point of view of terrorists, do you really think that would be ok as well? There is a reason you never really get to play story driven modes as terrorists or insurgents in games , Ill let you figure out the reason. I will just end this by saying there are lines that shouldn't be crossed and for me this game is one of them, I mean whats next? Do we get to play murder squads that carry out genocides in Africa, is that whats really coming down the pipe?

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81  Edited By billyhoush

GiantBomb needs to do a Quick Look as a PSA.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By wafflez

I didn't realize this was an actual disc game.  I just assumed it was a 10$ arcade game... wow. 

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Turambar

@mtmckinley said:

Actually, I kind of like being me, but thanks for your insight.

As long as we have you here, hopefully you don't mind if I ask a few questions I'm sure others are wondering about. What was the dev team's mindset going into making this game? I'm sure you guys were aware of the reputation that name specifically carried, so was there a reason it was kept as is and not changed to one of the later aliases for the PMC?

mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mtmckinley

It was a contract our studio accepted. To be honest, (and I mention this some in my blog if you care to check it out for more details) I personally DIDN'T know who they were. I don't really keep up with political topics. When I found out, I was of course dismayed. But it wasn't the studios' choice. It was a product that was funded, in part, by the owner of the Blackwater brand (not the actual PMC themselves), so it pretty much had to be called that. There were brief discussions from the higher ups about the possibility of changing it, but it obviously never happened. If you were to play the game (not that I'm asking you to ;)) you might notice the name "blackwater" is spoken once at the very beginning and then never again, instead referring to themselves as their squad name "Agile-22" of "Bravo" detachment.

Anyway, I can't speak for everyone involved (I don't even work there any more) but I'm pretty sure most of the people at Zombie thought it was an unfortunate association. But a job's a job.

jackshan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jackshan

I didn't know about this game.just after seen your post its little understandable..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.