Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blade Runner

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 21, 1997

A point and click adventure game released in 1997. Players control rookie Blade Runner, Ray McCoy, in a story which runs parallel to that of the film of the same name.

Do you want to see Vinny and Dave finish The "Random PC Game: Blade Runner" series?

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you want to see Vinny and Dave finish The "Random PC Game: Blade Runner" series? (59 votes)

Yes! 83%
    No... 17%

Vinny, Dave... I wish you would be able to take some time and continue your marvelous Random PC Game series of the Blade Runner game.

I recently remembered the series and felt sad that you never finished it. I tried to not think about it, but when re-watching your "Sleeping Dogs: Zodiac Tournament" quick look, you talked about playing it again. This was the 2nd of January 2013. I know that Random PC Game has been discontinued since the 27th of February (when the last video was published), and that you both have busy schedules. But I hope that if enough people agrees with me you might consider picking up the game again.

This is of course a request, not a demand. I would never think to give myself the authority to demand anything from you, having given us countless hours of entertainment over the years, and continuing to do so. This is simply a humble request to finish a series that many of us truly appreciated. And if anyone agrees (or not), please comment below.

I did not tag Vinny or Daves usernames in this post as they might find that to be intrusive (or am I to much of a gentleman?).

Random PC Game: Blade Runner: Part 01

Random PC Game: Blade Runner: Part 02

• 
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By AndrewB

Wasn't the reason it never took off because they would have had to start over from the beginning again, and that would have reset the game's random elements (also, what with Dave leaving the team and all - but we know he's okay with coming back for the odd feature).

I'd love to see it, but I can understand how demoralizing it is to be forced to replay a significant chunk of content you already played before.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RonGalaxy

They lost their save file, which is super important to that game. Dont think they wanted to replay it

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I remember Dave saying that Blade Runner has a random seed at the beginning that determines certain things, so if that's true it would be really hard for them to replicate (no pun intended) a save game that was identical, and just playing the game again and making the same choices wouldn't be enough by itself. Even still, Blade Runner was hellishly complicated to install, and making the same choices and seeing the game again wouldn't be great content, I guess.

I would love it if they finished Blade Runner, since it was so goddamn fun watching them play it - I've watched the videos about 10-20 times, and have used it to fall asleep to - but with the complications, as well as Dave's departure, makes it unlikely. Does anyone know of a good alternative, like a Let's Play on YouTube? I'd really like to see the end of the game.

I'm reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep right now, and it's making me really want to watch the film again. The Blade Runner world/lore is so damn good.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atlas: @naru_joe93: Ah shit, I didn't know that. I don't want it to be, but the series might just be lost because of all those complications. Maybe I should just read the book and be done with it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

@fetchfox said:

@atlas: @naru_joe93: Ah shit, I didn't know that. I don't want it to be, but the series might just be lost because of all those complications. Maybe I should just read the book and be done with it.

Have you watched the movie?

Also, the game story is different than both the movie and the book (has a different main character). Though it runs parallel with the film. And the book is a bit different than the movie/game universe.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Someone should play the game up to the point Dave/Vinny got to, same choices and everything, and send them their save.

Or maybe that's impossible. I don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know the details in regards to dave but i do know that random old pc game playthroughs are one of my favorite features on this site. it really sucks that they dont happen anymore. all of the fmv's that vinny does on unpro. fridays, i want to see all the way through. they have a huge case of games, i really hope something like the bioforge saga happens again in the new future...

majid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By majid

I have no attachment to this game, I just want to see more Dave on the site

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By icicle7x3

I want to see more Random PC games with Vinny and Dave, but not necessarily more Blade Runner.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I always thought a community member would go through and re-create the save for them, trying to make all the same choices in about the same amount of time as they did to replicate the way the story would've unfolded for them as much as possible.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93: Many times yes, I've even analyzed it (I used to study film). I'm aware of that, but I love the universe and the book is the only medium that tells a story in it that I haven't experienced. I love Ridleys Blade Runner (final cut of course), but I'm interested in the original material that spawned it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should play the game up to the point Dave/Vinny got to, same choices and everything, and send them their save.

Or maybe that's impossible. I don't know.

there is an element of randomness to how things play out, so it would be very difficult to duplicate the same experience. Though, dedicated people have achieved much greater things; Im not going to stop anyone from trying (in fact, I hope someone tries, cause I'd love to see that feature come back)

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capum15

I voted yes, but I understand why they stopped.

I just want more Random PC Game / Flight Club up in this site. Those three together are video gold. Gold I say!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetchfox said:

@naru_joe93: Many times yes, I've even analyzed it (I used to study film). I'm aware of that, but I love the universe and the book is the only medium that tells a story in it that I haven't experienced. I love Ridleys Blade Runner (final cut of course), but I'm interested in the original material that spawned it.

ah, okay. Never read the book either; I tried to once, but PKD's writing style didn't really grab my attention. Maybe I'll give it another go one of these days

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Random PC Game, but I wasn't too disappointed when they moved on from Blade Runner.

Dave's gone and only seems interested in playing Pathfinder for now. I prefer they do something similar like BioForge and bring in Danny when they can since he's in the office.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.