We need a new Blade Runner game

#1 Edited by Jackel2072 (2279 posts) -

i be one happy boy if we could get something like this! Something tell's me though that some one out there is going to make another. lets just hopes its good.

NOTE: This is only a artistic render inspired by Blade Runner using Cry engine 2.

#2 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

Looks nice, I look forward to blasting some Skin jobs.

#3 Posted by joelalfaro (586 posts) -

I want another one.  In fact, playing GTA4, I could'nt help but admire the density of the city, and wonder what the engine could do with a Blade Runner license.

#4 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I'd love to play a Blade Runner game.

#5 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

A new Blade Runner game would be great.  I loved the old one and I'm sure even a new one would be great.  You would think somebody would grab up that license.

#6 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

but...that movie was bad...

#7 Edited by Snweater (29 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: Some cuts of the film are more or less great but the fact remains: it's a great film and a cult classic.

A game would be pretty cool. But I can't see you playing as Deckard. A remake, or prequel, of the film just wouldn't work.

Deckard's a definatly replicant, btw.
#8 Posted by poser (452 posts) -

I don't think anyone could pull off a new Blade Runner game these days. Kids are eatting up six hour games with lots of gore and shit blowing up.... I doubt that they are interested in immersion and strong story telling.  

If Heavy Rain is successful I suppose there is a chance...

#9 Posted by Maxszy (2067 posts) -

I remember those renders, man they are just fucking gorgeous...

That being said, don't think it would work today. Blood and guts is sadly all that most people want. (On average of the whole gaming populace)

#10 Posted by Ravenhoe (114 posts) -

What kind of game would you like to see ? I think Blade Runner lends itself to three possible types of games. 1. A dystopian FPS (see Bioshock), 2. An adventure game (has already been done and I dont think you can top it), and 3. A MMORPG

I think a MMORPG would be a good idea. You could have three factions, humans, replicants and independents maybe. I think it would be a nice idea to have a PVP system where stealth and infiltration of the enemy territories and bases, sabotaging and stealing are the main focus. On the other hand, the Blade Runner license is not the most popular, especially amongst younger generations. Even the Star Trek MMO, which was crap game anyway, did not cause much uproad because the franchise is dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.