Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bladestorm: Nightmare

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 17, 2015

An enhanced remake of Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War, adding fantasy monsters to the menage of enemies.

My most anticipated remake

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By DarkbeatDK

One of my favorite last-gen games Bladestorm: The Hundred Year War is getting a remake on the current consoles.

If you are unfamiliar with the original game, it is a real-time strategy game where you play as a mercenary captain during the Hundred Year War (that's the one with Jeanne D'arc). As a mercenary you are privileged to be able to play missions for either the English or the French side and occasionally you'll take part in large history battles where you get to meet many of the other historic characters of the game.

An issue that the original game had was that you couldn't actually play as any of the historical characters and it did get a little bit repetitive in the long run. However, it seems like Tecmo Koei is going to rectify that in Bladestorm: Nightmare, mixing the gameplay up a little and allowing you to control multiple units by switching between your own custom mercenary captain and the hero captains of the battlefield.

There's also an added Nightmare story mode revolving around an evil version of Jeanne D'arc who is summoning monsters and demons. Here you also get the option to control monstrous fantasy units like trolls and even dragon cavalry. It also looks to have bossfights against large dragons.

The games coming out here in the west in March and nobody seems to be talking about it at all for some reason, probably because it's not super flashy and next-gen lookin'. It is however one of my most anticipated games this year. It's gonna be awesome!

Here's a Japanese trailer showcasing what they gameplay is like in the game

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

fwiw I'm definitely excited about this, the original came out when I was having a hiatus from games so I never got to play it.

Reminds me a bit of Kessen , those games were alright.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Kessen 3 is easily the best console RTS ever, Bladestorm is okay.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I played the original for the first time last year. Its a pretty cool game psuedo strategy game. I stopped playing around the time this remake was announced(thank goodness its also out for PS3). Weird that they waited so long to do this. Maybe they're just testing the waters to see if non-warriors games still sell?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamterics: They're doing it because its Koei, and while Koei has some very interesting ideas they refuse to deviate from the formula (at least post ROTK IX, which is awesome by the way) and re-releasing is as good a way as any to accomplish that.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By DarkbeatDK

@iamterics Tecmo Koei really got successfull after they joined forces. They got the Warriors games, the Atelier games, the Dead or Alive games and then then off-shoots like Bladestorm and Toukiden. Sure, they are niche games, but it's a great example of how you can see success without aiming for the skies and 6 million copies sold on day 1 like Capcom think they can (I'm exaggerating a bit)

*EDIT* By the way, Koei had a livestream earlier showing off the character customization, primarily. This is one of the aspects which have been massively enhanced over the original game.

Loading Video...

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm kind of bummed that GB did nothing for this game or even the original. I think with some of their views on Dynasty Warriors, a game where rather than mashing, you hold RB/R1 would be a nice change.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By UncleBenny

Whoa, I knew nothing of this game! Now I gotta go track down a copy of the original and Kessen 3.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I did not realize this game had come out. Would love to check it out but it's not in my fiscal Q3 budget.

Anyways KESSEN. Those games were great.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

So I was very pleasantly surprised to see this out on Steam now!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350310

sounds like maybe the port quality might be suspect though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.